Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018/2019 [Mod note 31-Aug-18]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

limnam wrote: »
    What has it got to do with the "game changing"

I never mentioned game changing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I never mentioned game changing.

You quoted me in the middle of a discussion on the game changing.

That's what I was discussing.

You quoted me in the middle of a discussion on the game changing.

That's what I was discussing.

Right so. I'll pencil you in for 12 tomorrow and we can discuss my point seeing as you can't discuss two topics at one.

Right so. I'll pencil you in for 12 tomorrow and we can discuss my point seeing as you can't discuss two topics at one.

I've my alarm set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

skinny90 wrote: »
    The game has moved on from the likes of Jose. We need reactive management who can identify holes in a team and actually get the right players into fill them. Jose has had plenty of time to sort out our defence and what has become of that. I could go on about other areas of the team but this has been a core issue since he took over. Too much sloppy goals giving away. Bottom line is that we are too predictable to play against even at home. We do not kill games when we are ahead and they know that they will have plenty of chances to get a draw or maybe a win even it’s in OT.
    there has not been any consistency with his teams and too many games lost or drawn where we really need to be winning.

Were we not in the top 3 for least goals scored against us last season in the league. DeGea had a big part to play no doubt, but thats why you pay for the best keeper in the world.
    I'd be interested to hear your to hear about thw other core areas your on about to be fair. This is by no way means as being a sa4castic comment but jidt generally curious.

If anything Mourinho has given patience to a lot of players in that starting 11 who havent repaid the faith.
    He likes players like matic, fellani, valencia because they bust there arsehole playing for the badge.
    Has to come to a point where people should start pointing fingers at the players individually because thats how some of them play and not the mourinho excuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭skinny90

How has the game changed? What's different about it Since his last major trophy?

Like less than two years ago ?

None of what you just said has anything to do with the "game changing"

If your happy with wining the europa cup just to get champions league then ok. I’d prefer to see us as real title contenders year in year out. Granted this won’t happen each year but let’s be honest, we have written off all hopes this year and it’s not even October. As for being a formidable squad, from a united perspective how is that not game changer. We are dropping more points than ever in OT with Jose than any other manager...that is game changing. We are no longer feared by other teams when they come to OT. That is game changing. Your referenced teams are playing far more attractive football right now on the very fact that management have reacted to this. They (even arsenal dare I say this and yes they have plenty of holes at the back but have a good dept in the squad going forward) That also is game changing if you ask me. We are and have been too predictable. We cannot play predictive tactics and use the same subs on the hope that we scrape a win. I could go on here.
    I’m all for giving Jose time but he can go through spells of such negativaty it affects the squad and right now we do not have a squad team.
    For example under any other manager lukaku would be dropped just so he gets his mojo back and brought on as a sub to make an impact change. Martial/rashford/mata would all getting more game time in their best positions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Robson99 wrote: »
    Hes finished. Yesterdays man. The game has moved on and he hasn't. Time to get rid of him

While my patients is beginning to wear thin with JM, where do we go should we boot him?

There are supporters of certain clubs lining up to go on about the array of attacking talent he has at his disposal and that such and such would do better but looking at the other clubs.

Pep has spent the guts of £300m on the defense alone in the same time that JM has been there. He spent £200m or so on the midfield and forwards, this is despite having inherited what was already the best squad in the league.

Liverpool starting line up today had I think 1 pre Klopp player in it. He has also broken their transfer record for each position ie defense, mf, and forwards.

United today had I think 5 Jose signings in it.

He has made it clear he wanted additional players in the summer but this did not happen for whatever reason.

So we bin him, we are back to square one in terms of having a new manager and a bunch of players he did not sign.

There's the wildcard option with someone like Poch but there are a few issues there, namely he has signed a new deal recently with Spurs so would be costly to get on board, coupled with his lack of experience at that level. He, no more than Klopp, are operating in a no pressure zone where failing to get top 4 does not mean automatic sacking.

The older heads like Carlo are looking more lost. Do we take a punt on an up and coming manager and hope we hit gold?

I'm as pissed off as most fans are with the current incarnation but I don't see any value in sacking JM at the moment.

It's looking like City, Chelsea and LFC are shoe in's for top 4 so that leaves us, Arse and Spurs for the last spot barring an unlikely scenario where either us or Spurs win the champions league.

Leave Jose in situ for the remainder of the season. If we don't get top 4 with the money spent then he will be sacked and then at least a new head will be brought in with a full transfer window to tweak the squad.

Imo.

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Were we not in the top 3 for least goals scored against us last season in the league. DeGea had a big part to play no doubt, but thats why you pay for the best keeper in the world.
    I'd be interested to hear your to hear about thw other core areas your on about to be fair. This is by no way means as being a sa4castic comment but jidt generally curious.

If anything Mourinho has given patience to a lot of players in that starting 11 who havent repaid the faith.
    He likes players like matic, fellani, valencia because they bust there arsehole playing for the badge.
    Has to come to a point where people should start pointing fingers at the players individually because thats how some of them play and not the mourinho excuse.

What’s your opinion on our defence? Seriously do you think we can praise our defence over the last 3 seasons?? I’m genuinly surprised we still have degea, even for the 2-1, 3-1 victories I would love to see him get more clean sheets but our team give our oppositions so much chances, and on the other end we no were close to being as clinical as we should. And that hasn’t started with Jose don’t get me wrong but come on. Good managers see this and the make the changes necessary to resolve them. I don’t agree with finger pointing at the players, mourinho has a past at doing this and has already tried doing this with some players. It will never work out well.

If your happy with wining the europa cup just to get champions league then ok. I’d prefer to see us as real title contenders year in year out. Granted this won’t happen each year but let’s be honest, we have written off all hopes this year and it’s not even October. As for being a formidable squad, from a united perspective how is that not game changer. We are dropping more points than ever in OT with Jose than any other manager...that is game changing. We are no longer feared by other teams when they come to OT. That is game changing. Your referenced teams are playing far more attractive football right now on the very fact that management have reacted to this. They (even arsenal dare I say this and yes they have plenty of holes at the back but have a good dept in the squad going forward) That also is game changing if you ask me. We are and have been too predictable. We cannot play predictive tactics and use the same subs on the hope that we scrape a win. I could go on here.
    I’m all for giving Jose time but he can go through spells of such negativaty it affects the squad and right now we do not have a squad team.
    For example under any other manager lukaku would be dropped just so he gets his mojo back and brought on as a sub to make an impact change. Martial/rashford/mata would all getting more game time in their best positions

Martial has not performed in nearly a year. Got a goal in the CL but did squat all tracking back and helping the team for the first 70minutes. 70! He shoulda been busting a gut and play a performance that demands a starting spot. To many people have some love for martial thats unherited.
    Its october and youve written us off for anything this year?!? Seriously
    With Arsenal, our squad depth is way better than theirs, no debate.
    Drop lukaku, our only out and out striker who is thrives on scoring goals and busting his ass if hes down the middle or going wide throwing in crosses, you'd drop him to get his mojo back?

No offense man but that is a nonsense post imo

• Advertisement

• Incredible dedication tbf
    Saturday night special

What’s your opinion on our defence? Seriously do you think we can praise our defence over the last 3 seasons?? I’m genuinly surprised we still have degea, even for the 2-1, 3-1 victories I would love to see him get more clean sheets but our team give our oppositions so much chances, and on the other end we no were close to being as clinical as we should. And that hasn’t started with Jose don’t get me wrong but come on. Good managers see this and the make the changes necessary to resolve them. I don’t agree with finger pointing at the players, mourinho has a past at doing this and has already tried doing this with some players. It will never work out well.

Problem with that defence is, its been moulded by 4 different managers. Our defence is not the greatest i agree there, but if you think it was degea alone who got us 1 of the least conceded goals last year then i disagree.

Defence definately needs a strong captain like CB, throw a rio/vidic in there and be the voice of that backline the man beside will flourish.
    With shaw back and having a blinder of a season so far, valencia there to do a job and young dalot coming through its the CB pairing that needs addressing. Not 1 outta the four there have stood up and commanded that spot since here which is shocking if you consider jones/smalling played with two of the best CB's that ever played in the league.
    That is individuality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

While my patients is beginning to wear thin with JM, where do we go should we boot him?

There are supporters of certain clubs lining up to go on about the array of attacking talent he has at his disposal and that such and such would do better but looking at the other clubs.

Pep has spent the guts of £300m on the defense alone in the same time that JM has been there. He spent £200m or so on the midfield and forwards, this is despite having inherited what was already the best squad in the league.

Liverpool starting line up today had I think 1 pre Klopp player in it. He has also broken their transfer record for each position ie defense, mf, and forwards.

United today had I think 5 Jose signings in it.

He has made it clear he wanted additional players in the summer but this did not happen for whatever reason.

So we bin him, we are back to square one in terms of having a new manager and a bunch of players he did not sign.

There's the wildcard option with someone like Poch but there are a few issues there, namely he has signed a new deal recently with Spurs so would be costly to get on board, coupled with his lack of experience at that level. He, no more than Klopp, are operating in a no pressure zone where failing to get top 4 does not mean automatic sacking.

The older heads like Carlo are looking more lost. Do we take a punt on an up and coming manager and hope we hit gold?

I'm as pissed off as most fans are with the current incarnation but I don't see any value in sacking JM at the moment.

It's looking like City, Chelsea and LFC are shoe in's for top 4 so that leaves us, Arse and Spurs for the last spot barring an unlikely scenario where either us or Spurs win the champions league.

Leave Jose in situ for the remainder of the season. If we don't get top 4 with the money spent then he will be sacked and then at least a new head will be brought in with a full transfer window to tweak the squad.

Imo.

Patience....

jayo26 wrote: »
    Patience....

Waa a decent post to be fair grammer nazi jayo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

jayo26 wrote: »
    Patience....

UniqueYawningHomalocephale-max-1mb.gif

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Martial has not performed in nearly a year. Got a goal in the CL but did squat all tracking back and helping the team for the first 70minutes. 70! He shoulda been busting a gut and play a performance that demands a starting spot. To many people have some love for martial thats unherited.
    Its october and youve written us off for anything this year?!? Seriously
    With Arsenal, our squad depth is way better than theirs, no debate.
    Drop lukaku, our only out and out striker who is thrives on scoring goals and busting his ass if hes down the middle or going wide throwing in crosses, you'd drop him to get his mojo back?

No offense man but that is a nonsense post imo

Martial is in the gutter because he has not been given game time, your picking into my post. We all know what he is capable and what he will do if he joins other teams. I do agree he should be busting his gut but man management stems from the manager if you hadn’t read my post. I’m happy to get some stick on my arsenal post but I as a team going forward they are looking threatening, really slick and mix of young talent and new signings seems to be going well for them after their flop at the start. I have watched a couple of games lately and they look good..Emery will do good things with that team, I guess time will tell. Their defence however like ours is a shambles.
    On lukaku I’m not arguing his commitment one bit. But as our out and out striker his key role is to put the ball in the back of the net. Through out this season alone he has been pretty wasteful where other out and out strikers would have scored. He needs to be worked on in his final 3rd and as an out and out striker for a club who is striding for a top 4 plus finish this is worrying. Jose is too reliant on lukaku especially when we are chasing games. We might not have ideal replacements but I would have rotated and started rashford when he was available. When was the last time lukaku didn’t start?(genuine question)

• Advertisement

Martial is in the gutter because he has not been given game time, your picking into my post. We all know what he is capable and what he will do if he joins other teams. I do agree he should be busting his gut but man management stems from the manager if you hadn’t read my post. I’m happy to get some stick on my arsenal post but I as a team going forward they are looking more like the old arsenal, really slick and mix of young talent seems to be going well for them after their flop at the start. I have watched a couple of games lately and they look good..Emery will do good things with that team, I guess time will tell. Their defence however like ours is a shambles.
    On lukaku I’m not arguing his commitment one bit. But as our out and out striker his key role is to put the ball in the back of the net. Through out this season alone he has been pretty wasteful where other out and out strikers would have scored. He needs to be worked on in his final 3rd and as an out and out striker for a club who is striding for a top 4 plus finish this is worrying. Jose is too reliant on lukaku especially when we are chasing games. We might not have ideal replacements but I would have rotated and started rashford when he was available. When was the last time lukaku didn’t start?(genuine question)

Martial has been given time, since sanchez ( who hasnt been great either) martial should see that as a spot to take back. If anything its the easiest spot to win back i the whole team.

It looks like to me, youv'e got a stick in the mud with mourinho vs emery in giving young lads playing time. Arsenal can afford to do it with where they have been based the last few seasons so emry is looking for a new approach which he should being the new boss.

Jose gives young players a chance when he thinks there ready and to compare united vs arsrenal in that respective, out of the whole leagie even since fergie left i can pretty much guarantee we gave given more young players through the acdamey or through scouts more minutes on the pitch than most.

Why would you not start your main CF though, he's injury free, getting minutes under his belt, only a matter of time before he starts getting goals. Yet youd rather have rashford up front eho hasnt played his way into the squad over the expierenced lukaku who has been banging them in since everton....

Edit: not to be a dick but paragraphs man please use them. Hard for some1 else to reply when not used.

Starting to get worried about Sanchez.

I didn't mind the poor performances last season as I thought he would have those problems ironed out for the new season. I guess I was writing off last Feb-May as an extended pre-season for him. Our title challenge was over by then, he could ease into the club under less pressure, but it hasn't gone that way.

To be fair, Lingard and Lukaku were also terrible against Wolves. When Martial and Mata jogged on, they may as well have kept going and off the other side of the pitch for all the use they were.

Still though, it's a concerning trend with Sanchez. I just do not see a player there who is on the verge of turning it around in the next match or two. The manager is being more than fair to him with chances to play himself into form. Nothing is really working for him though.

Another thing is that if this keeps going to the point where Sanchez needs to be dropped from the first 11, can that actually happen with the wages he's on?

I didn't mind the poor performances last season as I thought he would have those problems ironed out for the new season. I guess I was writing off last Feb-May as an extended pre-season for him. Our title challenge was over by then, he could ease into the club under less pressure, but it hasn't gone that way.

To be fair, Lingard and Lukaku were also terrible against Wolves. When Martial and Mata jogged on, they may as well have kept going and off the other side of the pitch for all the use they were.

Still though, it's a concerning trend with Sanchez. I just do not see a player there who is on the verge of turning it around in the next match or two. The manager is being more than fair to him with chances to play himself into form. Nothing is really working for him though.

Another thing is that if this keeps going to the point where Sanchez needs to be dropped from the first 11, can that actually happen with the wages he's on?

Does it matter what wages he's on though. For all the talk everyone does here about how we are of the richest club the world going, drop him.
    For all the talk of people who want martial a go, give him a warrent out
    No matter if they play or not players still get payed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Sanchez should have never started today, should have stuck with martial. Sanchez looks like he is finished at the very top level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

8 points behind first after 6 games and already conceded a third of your seasons total compared to last year. Is that not worrying?

About as worrying as it was for Liverpool last season when they were
    5 points off after 6 games
    7 points off after 7 games
    9 points off after 8 games
    12points off after 9 games

Completely understand why Klopp was replaced at that point of the season tbh and if Mourinho ends up in a similar position after 9 games he’ll probably be replaced too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"Wait for it, wait for it, wait for it, wait for it, it'll get to me eventually, wait for iiiiiit......shít."

w7n4e3y78un11.gif

Fúcking donkey. Probably would've missed it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

He does that way too often maybe he switched off thinking it was a training session or maybe every opposition team has also noticed such a pattern in his play. Derby on Tuesday in the consolation cup is now a must win game at all costs. 4-0 to Derby anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Robson99 wrote: »
    Hes finished. Yesterdays man. The game has moved on and he hasn't. Time to get rid of him

No way, that sort of short term planning is a disaster.

Jose just needs some new players and more time.

The Glazers are fully committed to him and he's fully committed to Utd.

J. Marston wrote: »
    "Wait for it, wait for it, wait for it, wait for it, it'll get to me eventually, wait for iiiiiit......shít."

Jose just need to concentrate on coaching the "attack" this week and that'll be sorted

Even mou couldn't believe it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Thought Shaw and Pog were very good yesterday. Without pogba i just fail to see where any creativity comes from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,166 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Jose just need to concentrate on coaching the "attack" this week and that'll be sorted

Even mou couldn't believe it

Exactly can't blame Lukaku. He needs the coaching sure without coaching how could he possibly know what to do!

TAA, Henderson and Firmino were all at the club before Klopp arrived. Gomez, Mingloet, Sturridge and Moreno were also in the squad.

Total cost of the back four yesterday was £85m, total cost of the midfield yesterday was £75m, total cost of the front three was £110m.

Salah is our highest transfer as a forward at £37m (might have been a bit more?).

Jose has also broken United's record for a Midfielder and Striker and at much higher levels than Liverpool's records. He would have also broken your record for a defender but the club couldn't get a deal over the line.

Iago wrote: »
    About as worrying as it was for Liverpool last season when they were
    5 points off after 6 games
    7 points off after 7 games
    9 points off after 8 games
    12points off after 9 games

Completely understand why Klopp was replaced at that point of the season tbh and if Mourinho ends up in a similar position after 9 games he’ll probably be replaced too.

Well there were plenty of opposition fans saying Klopp should be fired at that time and that he was underperforming.

Edit: I'm not saying Jose should be fired, but that he should be getting more out of the players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

The game has moved on from the likes of Jose. We need reactive management who can identify holes in a team and actually get the right players into fill them. Jose has had plenty of time to sort out our defence and what has become of that..
    Jose has had 2 seasons, and at the start of the 3rd season the club spectacularly failed to address the teams weaknesses in the transfer market. If there was one thing obvious from the summer it was that Jose wanted new defenders and did not get them, so I'm not sure how your post matches with reality?
    What’s your opinion on our defence? Seriously do you think we can praise our defence over the last 3 seasons??

I thought it was the attack that Jose had ****ed up and that we only won those trophies and turned around the Van Gaal mess by parking the bus and concentrating on defending?
    Martial is in the gutter because he has not been given game time, your picking into my post.
    87 appearances in 2 seasons under Mourinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Well there were plenty of opposition fans saying Klopp should be fired at that time and that he was underperforming.

Edit: I'm not saying Jose should be fired, but that he should be getting more out of the players.

Klopp doesn’t have the same expectations on him as Jose. That’s just a fact.

As a fan of a club that went through a very similar period where the club purchases were out of sync with the quality needed , you should understand that this has huge ramifications for the on field performances.

Look at Madrid or Chelsea in their respective leagues last season. Both did hurrendous by their own standards. How can that happen? Same squads and same successful coaches but really underperforming in the league...

It shows that a squads application is not always down to the coach. I also think squads who expect to be challanging for trophies are not great at battling for a top 4 or even a respectable 2nd.

United are a Mixed squad of players who should be long gone, players who don’t know what it takes to succeed, players who are happy to coast along and players who aren’t necessarily what the coach wants/needs.

There is no cohesive transfer structure. The presumption is that Jose has “spent” x amount on players. How is that explained? The club has its own priorities in terms of transfers and this includes players that the manager doesn’t want.

The biggest mistake was hiring Jose if they weren’t going to completely support him. He’s made it very clear the last 2 seasons the club has let him down in certain areas. Defence has been a massive issue this year and low and behold he wanted central defenders in the summer. Right wing has been a wasted spot and low and behold he wanted perisic last season and the club didn’t match the value. (I won’t have any of this bollox that inter wouldn’t sell, every player is available at a price)

Jose’s target is winning the league, the clubs is top 4. City are the benchmark club, not liverpoool so what are united doing that city aren’t?

Liverpool needed a CB and a GK and klopp broke two records for them. These were just shy of Pogba and lukaku. Man united is worth twice the value of Liverpool so which club do you think is supporting its first team squad proportionately better ?

United fans have been duped by the glazers because of SAF genius. Blaming managers is the default setting in football so those leeches can hide in the shadows while Woodward pushes their agenda. I was glad to see the Stretford end support Jose because I think they understand that Jose is probably the most ambitious person at the club...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Jose is not doing a great job. Mediocre at best.

Regardless of the structural issues at the club we have a watered down Jose, lamenting motivation post another poor result. A goal differance of 0.

What we see now is not a Jose team. It is still a team that functions thanks to the volume of money spent to buy players rather than a strong collective group playing well as a group. Poor defence so far, average attack, functional midfield. Fair league positon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

J. Marston wrote: »

w7n4e3y78un11.gif

Fúcking donkey. Probably would've missed it anyway.

Thats why he will never be a world class striker. Lacks the killer instinct

Sarri unable to beat regulation fodder...

Looks like the game has moved on and the hammers have mastered it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Now Arsenal above us in the table.This week just can't get any better now can it :pac: It's just about now being patient,his end is not far off :D

Drumpot wrote: »
    Klopp doesn’t have the same expectations on him as Jose. That’s just a fact.

As a fan of a club that went through a very similar period where the club purchases were out of sync with the quality needed , you should understand that this has huge ramifications for the on field performances.

Look at Madrid or Chelsea in their respective leagues last season. Both did hurrendous by their own standards. How can that happen? Same squads and same successful coaches but really underperforming in the league...

It shows that a squads application is not always down to the coach. I also think squads who expect to be challanging for trophies are not great at battling for a top 4 or even a respectable 2nd.

United are a Mixed squad of players who should be long gone, players who don’t know what it takes to succeed, players who are happy to coast along and players who aren’t necessarily what the coach wants/needs.

There is no cohesive transfer structure. The presumption is that Jose has “spent” x amount on players. How is that explained? The club has its own priorities in terms of transfers and this includes players that the manager doesn’t want.

The biggest mistake was hiring Jose if they weren’t going to completely support him. He’s made it very clear the last 2 seasons the club has let him down in certain areas. Defence has been a massive issue this year and low and behold he wanted central defenders in the summer. Right wing has been a wasted spot and low and behold he wanted perisic last season and the club didn’t match the value. (I won’t have any of this bollox that inter wouldn’t sell, every player is available at a price)

Jose’s target is winning the league, the clubs is top 4. City are the benchmark club, not liverpoool so what are united doing that city aren’t?

Liverpool needed a CB and a GK and klopp broke two records for them. These were just shy of Pogba and lukaku. Man united is worth twice the value of Liverpool so which club do you think is supporting its first team squad proportionately better ?

United fans have been duped by the glazers because of SAF genius. Blaming managers is the default setting in football so those leeches can hide in the shadows while Woodward pushes their agenda. I was glad to see the Stretford end support Jose because I think they understand that Jose is probably the most ambitious person at the club...

Don't see how any Utd fan can really disagree with this. Jose is by far the most qualified and motivated manager the club could have recruited when LVG's time was up.

If you hire Jose you (IMHO) have to go all in and support him with both cash for players in and time to get them playing the way he wants which historically has been successful, just look at the 3 trophies he won in his first year in charge!!

The half in half out summer transfer window just gone is a cross roads. Players who are not good enough (and never were) for Utd should have been moved on and replaced with world class 1st team signings and yes, if that means spending twice as much as Liverpool then so be it, Utd are a MASSIVE club so anything less than full commitment to what Jose wants means Wooodward is hedging his bets and that's a pure recipe for disaster.

Double (or treble) the transfer budget, give Jose the players he wants, get rid of the dross which hasn't worked out (including Sanchez, Martial, Lindelof and Baily) and let the man work his magic. It may take another 2-3 seasons to really peak but it took SAF 6.5 years to win his first league title.

Jose who is the most successful living manager (bar SAF) should be shown the same confidence by the Glazers and all Utd fans IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Don't see how any Utd fan can really disagree with this. Jose is by far the most qualified and motivated manager the club could have recruited when LVG's time was up.

If you hire Jose you (IMHO) have to go all in and support him with both cash for players in and time to get them playing the way he wants which historically has been successful, just look at the 3 trophies he won in his first year in charge!!

The half in half out summer transfer window just gone is a cross roads. Players who are not good enough (and never were) for Utd should have been moved on and replaced with world class 1st team signings and yes, if that means spending twice as much as Liverpool then so be it, Utd are a MASSIVE club so anything less than full commitment to what Jose wants means Wooodward is hedging his bets and that's a pure recipe for disaster.

Double (or treble) the transfer budget, give Jose the players he wants, get rid of the dross which hasn't worked out (including Sanchez, Martial, Lindelof and Baily) and let the man work his magic. It may take another 2-3 seasons to really peak but it took SAF 6.5 years to win his first league title.

Jose who is the most successful living manager (bar SAF) should be shown the same confidence by the Glazers and all Utd fans IMO.

You are aware that people remember stuff and your posting history in regard to Mourinho is there for all to see?
    Your bullsh*t won’t wash with many

You are aware that people remember stuff and your posting history in regard to Mourinho is there for all to see?
    Your bullsh*t won’t wash with many

Your paranoia does you a disservice.

Sure i post negatively about Mourinho as a person and i also post contrarian views to advance discussion or attempt humour but I also make substantive posts to contribute to the discussion as i have on this occasion.

Instead of attacking the poster why don't you argue the merits or otherwise of the content of my post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Sure i post negatively about Mourinho as a person and i also post contrarian views to advance discussion or attempt humour but I also make substantive posts to contribute to the discussion as i have on this occasion.

Instead of attacking the poster why don't you argue the merits or otherwise of the content of my post?

That's just it though. If you talk pony everyday, you don't get other people to engage on a reasonable level with you. You reap what you sow.

That's just it though. If you talk pony everyday, you don't get other people to engage

Not true on either level.
    You reap what you sow.

It's a nice convenient but untrue saying. E.g. what could SAF possibly have sown to reap a massive brain haemerage and before you attack me for referencing SAF check my posting history on this thread for my comment when it happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

That's absolutely pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,166 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Anywho away from the nonsense, apparently Telltale Games have gone bust so Tuesdays Episode of TWD game will be the last. The final season will be left unfinished :(

I remember some here play it (and it was reccomended to others) but yeah best to probably just leave last year as the "final" season if ya can. Rather than an unfinished story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Je_suis_yawn

In the last month you have posted that “Mourinho is toxic”
    Now you’re bigging him up at every opportunity. Your shtick is clear as crystal. Own your bullsh*t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

pjohnson wrote: »
    Anywho away from the nonsense, apparently Telltale Games have gone bust so Tuesdays Episode of TWD game will be the last. The final season will be left unfinished :(

I remember some here play it (and it was reccomended to others) but yeah best to probably just leave last year as the "final" season if ya can. Rather than an unfinished story.

It followed the TV series in terms of quality. Amazing first season and then a drastic drop in quality over the rest of the seasons.

Clem was always the constant bright light of the series though. Shame how her story doesn't get to end.

In the last month you have posted that “Mourinho is toxic”
    Now you’re bigging him up at every opportunity. Your shtick is clear as crystal. Own your bullsh*t.

Yes, i do think he's toxic but it's nothing new. It's part of how he operates and has helped him create an "us against them" siege type mentality at every club he's ever been at.

Next objection?

• Advertisement

Next objection?

None from me. I’ll just wait for the relevant people to come along and do what they have to do...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Today you spout this....

A few weeks ago you spout this....

Mourinho is toxic, the players he has either don't want to play for him or are afraid to play for him and no attacking talent (other than those looking for a final pay day a la Ibra or Sanchez) want to join now that they see the park the bus football he demands they play. Lukaku would do so much better if he wasn't relying on Valencia and Young for service and Martial has basically downed tools and will wait out his contract if necessary rather then play for Mourinho.

Imagine being able to turn a £50m talent into a disinterested bench warmer in less than two seasons?

I personally hope Utd stick with Mourinho for as long as possible as they are a direct competitor who have somehow managed to find themselves stuck in limbo. They won't back their manager in the transfer market to sign a new CB as the last two he spunked £60m (or whatever) on have turned to sh1t (Baily and Lindolf) and he won't play either the £50m left sided winger/striker Martial or the great English up and coming attacking talent Rashford as he prefers £500,000 a week Sanchez who has done the square root of fcuk all since singing his pension plan in January so they have hamstrung him and given him the perfect excuse to play even more park the bus football for 70 minutes followed by the master stroke of unloading Fellani for the hail mary finish.

How the mighty have fallen.

Long may it continue.

Do you deliberately contradict yourself or what? You know it's very possible to come in here and antagonize Utd fans in a much more tactful way using a bit of guile.

It's just sad how bad you are at this.

pjohnson wrote: »

Isn't posting non Manchester Utd talk/rumours/gossip against the forum charter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Trolling is also against the charter I think......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Isn't posting non Manchester Utd talk/rumours/gossip against the forum charter?

Rather read about that stuff than some of the nonsense posted about football.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement