Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018/2019 [Mod note 31-Aug-18]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

No shame for whoever loses this shootout in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Surely Derby will miss , Keogh?

It would be Jones.

Jones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭caviardreams

A long time since I have seen a penalty shoot out with pens this good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Well done Derby.

Good bye Jose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Phil Jones has to take one soon

Dear lord

Never in doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

Savage penos in fairness. Poor Phil.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Me and one of the lads we're saying Jones would miss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I think we all knew Jones was going to miss that.

****ing awful peno.

Love to see the back of him tbh

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    Niiiice. Dalot has to start against West Ham.

Though he was very average bar the assist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Good.

• Thoroughly deserved
    Tbf should have never been penos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Delighted #joseout

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

DERBY!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ah ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Ah yeah thats it. Not like many of these lads have been at the same middling inconsistent levels since Moyes/LVG era's. Another new manager will fix them!

Playing with some intent and not setting up not to lose should be a start. Liverpool have a lot of average players and yet are playing some great stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭skinny90

Phil Jones has to take one soon

Dear lord

Who said that...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Same as I said the other night.

I wish we'd just pull the band aid, off Jose, give the underpreforming players a season under a new manager to sink or swim, and then properly move on in the summer.

Instead, we're going to drag on till top 4 is gone, the summer will be spent by the club thinking we don't need to invest, and then we can write off next season too by the end of September next year.

There's no passion, no fight in the team any more. No desire to prove themselves, no fight to murder a significantly smaller team. And I blame the players, I do. But Jose's job is to motivate the players and get the best out of them, and he's drastically underpreforming at the moment.

Sadly, Jose needs to go. He got screwed by the club in the summer by not being backed, was undermined in the process. But at the end of the day, the buck stops with him, and we need to do something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Though he was very average bar the assist

Ya, was better in the CL game last week. He can cross a ball though, which no other right sided played we have can do. Might even be worth playing him in front of Valencia as he looks good going forward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Gonna be difficult to turn this around now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Great effort from the 10 men against all odds,

My prediction for Jose’s presser. Can anyone seriously defend his position any more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,519 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Grant didn't get near one penalty, such a poor performance.

Derby had some great penalties but not absolute worldies.

I know he's third choice but that was utter muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im seeing alot of Jose out but who the **** would you get in his place? There's no one better than Jose that's available.

Im far from happy with Jose but can't see who's better than him and available....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Playing with some intent and not setting up not to lose should be a start. Liverpool have a lot of average players and yet are playing some great stuff.

Liverpool now have better players than us. They adressed there issues over the summer and added additional squad depth. Not much suprise they are playing better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Not as if De Gea is any great shakes at them tbh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Did Pogba actually leave on 89 minutes?

Its not like he's a Joe Soap wanting to beat the post-match traffic.

That's a potential captain's attitude right there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

DERBY!!!!!!

Another one to add to the ever growing list undet jose.

No.pogba tonight, another pathetic performance, its clear as day the players are not playing for jose or are being held back by him.

Getting worse and worse the longer it goes on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Liverpool now have better players than us. They adressed there issues over the summer and added additional squad depth. Not much suprise they are playing better.

You telling me those players tonight shouldn’t be beating derby city?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Lampard in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Doubt they have better players and they were way better than us last year. Jose was never a good fit for United.

Harsh on Grant all pens bar Jones where fantastic not much Grant could do or Carson for that matter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Same as I said the other night.

I wish we'd just pull the band aid, off Jose, give the underpreforming players a season under a new manager to sink or swim, and then properly move on in the summer.

Instead, we're going to drag on till top 4 is gone, the summer will be spent by the club thinking we don't need to invest, and then we can write off next season too by the end of September next year.

There's no passion, no fight in the team any more. No desire to prove themselves, no fight to murder a significantly smaller team. And I blame the players, I do. But Jose's job is to motivate the players and get the best out of them, and he's drastically underpreforming at the moment.

Sadly, Jose needs to go. He got screwed by the club in the summer by not being backed, was undermined in the process. But at the end of the day, the buck stops with him, and we need to do something.

Jose will go, we'll get a worse manager and do even worse than we're doing now.

Why? Because the players aren't good enough.

I don't think Jose's approach helps us but these are his players at the end of the day.

There's no light at the end of the tunnel for us if Jose stays or goes, we could have guardiola managing us and we'd be crap. We keep getting ripped of in the transfer market, we'd be better off just using academy players and forget the big signings because there are too many big names who cost mega bucks not trying a leg and that model will destroy the club if the pattern continues for another six years.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

We could sign Messi and ronaldo in the morning and nothing would change. We'd still be playing defensive stone age football and Jose would be having a pop at Messi for not tracking back. Awful awful stuff.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Did Pogba actually leave on 89 minutes?

Its not like he's a Joe Soap wanting to beat the post-match traffic.

That's a potential captain's attitude right there

He might have left that seat as the cameras were zooming in on him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Headshot wrote: »
    Im seeing alot of Jose out but who the **** would you get in his place? There's no one better than Jose that's available.

Im far from happy with Jose but can't see who's better than him and available....

Zidane.

At least we would see some attacking football

You telling me those players tonight shouldn’t be beating derby city?

They obviously should but i'm not in the least bit suprised they fúcked it either. Is anyone suprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Went from being the best manager and tactician in the world to being outwitted by his former player managing a Championship side, who has been a coach a little over 3 months.

He's not entirely to blame for the club's woes, but he's not the man to solve them either. He needs to go and take 2/3 of the squad with him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Thought Martial did a good job from centre when he was tasked with covering more ground and got to move around.

Just another example of where I think Jose is wrong, if he had Sanchez and Martial in the side moving around instead of one stuck on the left as an inverted winger they would be harder to stop.

Another annoyance was Derby, the attempts to move around, link up across the team for Derby was very good and United rarely ever do that well. The first goal was one lf the few times they seemed to manage 4 passes in a row in the whole game.

All round another poor all round performance with Fellaini somehow ending up the shining light of attitude and perseverance again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Emmmm Zidane ???

• Advertisement

I wouldn't read much into this result to be honest, it's only the league cup. If our striker scored the two first half sitters he missed we'd probably be chatting about a routine victory and who deserves a start on Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

They obviously should but i'm not in the least bit suprised they fúcked it either. Is anyone suprised.

But that defeat wasn’t because Jose wasn’t backed in the summer.

Stop buying his excuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Waiting for some genius to mention Zidane.
    I agree with you, we've had three managers since Fergie, there is no one better out there,do we keep sacking managers?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I actually think the most laughable thing in all these types of performances is I don’t think the manager has lost the players.

That they are actually trying , and producing this garbage.

Someone needs to find a big reset button and smash it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I can't deal with Phil Jones anymore, I fúcking can't. Feels like years I've been venting about him on here.

One more appearance for United and it might give me a rage-induced heart attack or aneurysm. Or both.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

If Jose gets the sack, which he most likely will at this rate, we should flog Pogba too for as much as we can get. The last thing a new manager needs is a disruptive influence in the squad when things aren't going his way, and a disruptive player with an agent like Raiola is about as bad as it gets.

Depressing times, depressing times indeed :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

bangkok wrote: »
    Zidane.

At least we would see some attacking football

Zidane modelled his Madrid on his Juventus side. They were very conservative and pragmatic. Often they spend an entire resorting to lobbing in crosses. Not really attacking football tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

We could sign Messi and ronaldo in the morning and nothing would change. We'd still be playing defensive stone age football and Jose would be having a pop at Messi for not tracking back. Awful awful stuff.

Yeah he really held that Madrid team back with his stone age stuff. Ronaldo really struggled. Same with Zlatan and Milito at Inter, Drogba and Costa at Chelsea etc. You know when he won titles at each of them and they were banging them in. Almost like it's something else with this team...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

It's coming to same pattern as when moyes and van gall where on there way out

Quotes in media awful results against small teams top ten in the league.

This is Manchester United now unfortunately.

But that defeat wasn’t because Jose wasn’t backed in the summer.

Stop buying his excuses.

So are you suprised this bunch failed again?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement