Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018/2019 [Mod note 31-Aug-18]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

JaMarcus wrote: »
    I'll be mortified if we sack José before we get rid of Pogba. And I say that as someone who wants José gone ASAP. But sacking José while Pogba remains at the club gives the impression - rightly or wrongly - that we're picking sides.

Pogba and his agent have been on a calculated campaign for months to undermine Mourinho and the club. At this stage, I would fully support Pogba never playing for the club again and being sent to play and train with the reserves until January. Give José the rest of the season because we're unlikely to hire anyone better in the meantime.

I’d nearly do a costa. Sell him to Barca and let him train with them until January. We can find a cheaper peno taker so Wouldn’t miss him to much....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Would you keep Pogba?

Who wants a sulk on there team?

It isn't really a choice between the two. Pogba will leave in either January or in the summer, he doesn't want to be at the club. Mino smells a world record transfer and he'll be sure to push it through. Let's not forget Pogba and Mino made overtures to City at the start of the year.

I don't like how we play under Jose and I do think he'll be gone this time next year, but I'm sick of Pogba using United as a stage for his own melodrama and showing no respect to the club or us fans. At this point he's had as few decent performances for us as Di Maria, who at least had the decency to keep his mouth shut u till he was gone.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Turtwig wrote: »
    Jeez watching that again I didn't realise there was audio and Jose actually says "get out". That seems a very calculated move on his part. He knew the cameras were there.

Just watched it, and I don't think it can be underestimated how bad this is. It looks absolutley toxic.

Pogba looks to be jogging in with a smile on his face then Jose starts and it all goes downhill and Pogba looks taken a back then starts to talk back. Later on you see some of the players looking awkward as it continues and then the staff are stood away from them.

It looks like a them vs us situation developing between players and staff which is death for a team. This is typical Jose though, he's lost players before and his ego won't let him back down.

Personally and some will say I'm biased but it looked like Pogba was just getting on with it when Jose starts and won't let it go. Terrible unprofessionalisim from Jose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Would you keep Pogba?

Who wants a sulk on there team?

Is Pogba the reason we play horse ****e football for the past 3 years?

Who wants a sulk as a manager who openly criticises the very foundations of the club to the press (quality of youth during pre season)

Ask yourself do you currently enjoy watching Man Utd get outplayed most weeks by relegation fodder.

Problem at the club is bigger than one player.

Honestly if you enjoy what you see on the pitch every week then I want whatever glasses you're wearing.

°°°°°

Just watched it, and I don't think it can be underestimated how bad this is. It looks absolutley toxic.

Pogba looks to be jogging in with a smile on his face then Jose starts and it all goes downhill and Pogba looks taken a back then starts to talk back. Later on you see some of the players looking awkward as it continues and then the staff are stood away from them.

It looks like a them vs us situation developing between players and staff which is death for a team. This is typical Jose though, he's lost players before and his ego won't let him back down.

Personally and some will say I'm biased but it looked like Pogba was just getting on with it when Jose starts and won't let it go. Terrible unprofessionalisim from Jose.

Pogba keeps linking himself with other clubs (including City) doesn't give an honest effort on the pitch for us and publicly criticises the tactics.
    Pogba is playing the situation here, he doesn't want to be at the club, end of story.
    You can be biased towards him all you like, he doesn't care about Manchester United and he won't be here next year even if we miraculously won the league he'd go.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

• Turtwig wrote: »
    From the start of the footage Pogba is doing the usual thing at all media attended training sessions of warmly greeting his colleagues. Jose quite visibly says something to put a damper on it. He knew full well the cameras were there and the implications of doing it. Even if the relationships had soured they could have, like a lot of football professionals do, put up the act for the cameras. Jose opted not to. There's only two reasons he'd do this. Ego and impulsiveness, or more likely imo, a calculated decision. By doing this in the public spotlight he heaps even more pressure on the United board by raising the ultimatum: Back Me or Back Him. Now the board can't actually back away from making some decision.

Then again it's Jose, so ego and impulsiveness cannot be ruled out. :o

Cheers.

And I think it's come to that stage where the board needs to get the finger out and actually act.

I would find it incredibly bad if the board chose a player over a manager and would give a clear indication of the deep routed problems at the club where a marketable player has more power than the actual manager of the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Personally and some will say I'm biased but it looked like Pogba was just getting on with it when Jose starts and won't let it go.

I don't know, I've seen this plenty of times in offices as well.

Two people who clearly have a problem with each other, and one of them being overly nice to the other. From what I've seen, it's rarely someone being professional and getting on with it, and more of a petty "kill them with kindness" approach designed to get a reaction rather than be the bigger person.

Of course, that means I have to make an assumption about Pogba's character. But given the last few months, I'm comfortable making that assumption.

Of course José is no angel either.

How many time could Pogba have gotten on with it this season, he has given the press loads of ammo, I wouldn't be trying to absolve either of them of anything but Jose at least tried to move on when talking to the media.

°°°°°

Cheers.

And I think it's come to that stage where the board needs to get the finger out and actually act.

I would find it incredibly bad if the board chose a player over a manager and would give a clear indication of the deep routed problems at the club where a marketable player has more power than the actual manager of the team.

It seems like a fair few people here are dazzled by Pogba's celebrity.
    Jose has to take his share of the blame for our performances but Pogba is supposedly the Zidane of our side and he has been afforded every opportunity to make things work at the club and seems set on scuppering any advances made towards him from Jose.
    Being given the armband tat United is a big deal, it means nothing to Pogba, the guy just isn't pushed about playing for the club.

Glazers Out!

Drumpot wrote: »
    Shifting what goalposts? You can’t Address the point can you? He is the best manager we have had since SAF left. He’s the most successful coach available. He’s been one of the most successful coaches of the last 30 years... there are so many things in Jose’s plus column its Not funny.

Incidentally you just chose to ignore a massive piece of evidence. Since you didn’t cop it Jose said the club doesn’t let him sign who he wants. Asking to be referred to as a coach couldn’t make that any clearer... there are also plenty of other examples me and others have given here even in the last page that you either didn’t bother reading or just can’t argue against. The club is heavily involved in our transfer policy.

Again you double down, like I said that wasn't your original point and I did address your original point in my first reply, you jsut didn't like so let me repeat it to you. Bringing up Jose's success from earlier clubs is pointless when he has been a inconcsistant and certainly not one of the greatest for the past 3-4 years. We need here and now results, not talking about past glories achieved, we are not liverpool.

That was my point and it still stands.

As for your second point transfers you just completly doged it. I asked for evidence, you just claim I'm ignoring it and also claim "plenty of other examples me and others have given here " yet you provide none. Either supply it or don't, if there is such a wealth for it?

I'm sure your interpretation of articles is your evidence and it will be weak.

• Advertisement

nullzero wrote: »
    Pogba keeps linking himself with other clubs (including City) doesn't give an honest effort on the pitch for us and publicly criticises the tactics.
    Pogba is playing the situation here, he doesn't want to be at the club, end of story.
    You can be biased towards him all you like, he doesn't care about Manchester United and he won't be here next year even if we miraculously won the league he'd go.

Jose flirted with PSG last season, thats how much he cares then? its all ego. Your opinion that Pogba doesn't care about Manchester United is pure speculation, he returned to us after being let go when he could have gone to many other clubs.

Its quite clear he's sick of Jose and it looks like many players are and this has happened to Jose more than once before. Now he must go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Who records this footage? I can't believe JM, PP or the club are stupid enough to allow outside media to record visual and audio of this crap.

• nullzero wrote: »
    It seems like a fair few people here are dazzled by Pogba's celebrity.
    Jose has to take his share of the blame for our performances but Pogba is supposedly the Zidane of our side and he has been afforded every opportunity to make things work at the club and seems set on scuppering any advances made towards him from Jose.
    Being given the armband tat United is a big deal, it means nothing to Pogba, the guy just isn't pushed about playing for the club.

Some are grasping on for dear life to Pogba because in fairness at the time was one of the most exciting signings in recent memory for the club.
    I really wanted it to work out but the nail is nearly in the coffin now.
    A played cannot continue to act like he has and not expect ramifications in the process no matter what profession.

However with the way the club is currently being ran at board level I am not surprised he's still being allowed to trot around and cause considerable unrest in the camp.

An again Jose is no angel. And was never my number 1 choice at the time but I'm still backing him over a player who thinks he has already become untouchable.
    The club on the other hand I fear haven't the balls to make the correct decision either way. I'd go as far as to say they also do not have the balls to make any decision on the matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Who records this footage? I can't believe JM, PP or the club are stupid enough to allow outside media to record visual and audio of this crap.

Jamie Jackson explained it. Broadcast rights holders are entitled to monthly footage of some training sessions, that the clubs agree to in advance, for their archive footage for programs. It just so happened that for this session Jose and Pogba also had their moment.

• Jose flirted with PSG last season, thats how much he cares then? its all ego. Your opinion that Pogba doesn't care about Manchester United is pure speculation, he returned to us after being let go when he could have gone to many other clubs.

Its quite clear he's sick of Jose and it looks like many players are and this has happened to Jose more than once before. Now he must go.

What did Jose say publicly about PSG out of interest? I'm genuinely interested to know.

Again you double down, like I said that wasn't your original point and I did address your original point in my first reply, you jsut didn't like so let me repeat it to you. Bringing up Jose's success from earlier clubs is pointless when he has been a inconcsistant and certainly not one of the greatest for the past 3-4 years. We need here and now results, not talking about past glories achieved, we are not liverpool.

As for your second point transfers you just completly doged it. I asked for evidence, you just claim I'm ignoring it and also claim "plenty of other examples me and others have given here " yet you provide none. Either supply it or don't, if there is such a wealth for it?

What managers have been better in that time frame. Pep Zidane prob a few more but not too many

How many time could Pogba have gotten on with it this season, he has given the press loads of ammo, I wouldn't be trying to absolve either of them of anything but Jose at least tried to move on when talking to the media.

Likewise how many times had Jose publically criticised players including Pogba. As a manger he is setting the tone here. Pogba is a strong character and will react to that. Jose should know better.

The captiancy stripping I agree with because Pogba hasn't been playing well but is there a need to anounce it at a news conference and then have this display at training which is clearly instigated by Jose? Is there a need to say many things he has said about some of our other players?

This is the opposite of what Fergie used to do, he would protect them from the media, Jose seems to throw them under the bus.

Christ on a bike with no saddle........

I could repeat what I’ve clarified over the last few pages and you could continue to just ignore it and ask me to answer the same thing again... But ...

tenor.gif?itemid=10686230

Cheers.

In my opinion both of them have to go. Jose hasn't been no angel in himself with what he stated about his players, his coaching staff and the board. Pogba, or his agent, or both, has been sh1t stirring since the start of the season. Both are conducive to toxicity.

The only saving grace Pogba has is the club may not be readily able to replace him so he may be given another chance if Jose is given the boot and he might actually knuckle down then. I saw him play from Juve and France. He's a different player, the board might rationalise it that. Personally though him and Jose both have to go. Neither are bigger than a club or institution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

bangkok wrote: »
    why and how exactly?

What about what ACTUALLY happened on the field last night?

Getting outplayed by Derby, at home, with almost a full team.

yet again, poor going forward, sitting back to poor opposition, letting them have the ball.

What about the likes of Matic and Lukaku, senior players that are not doing enough

Hood up, playing to cameras. He knows he can do what he wants and if the club don't like it he can go to Barca. Wish Keano was around to lodge his foot up his ass.

• Advertisement

I am gonna take a stab and say Raoila?

I could repeat what I’ve clarified
    over the last few pages and you could continue to just ignore it and ask me to answer the same thing again... But ...

Yeah except this didn't happen, you made one point, moved the goalposts and are now claiming I'm not getting it. Grow up.

Likewise how many times had Jose publically criticised players including Pogba. As a manger he is setting the tone here. Pogba is a strong character and will react to that. Jose should know better.

The captiancy stripping I agree with because Pogba hasn't been playing well but is there a need to anounce it at a news conference and then have this display at training which is clearly instigated by Jose? Is there a need to say many things he has said about some of our other players?

This is the opposite of what Fergie used to do, he would protect them from the media, Jose seems to throw them under the bus.

It was already leaked what is he going to say, nope its not true and do it anyways?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

There seems to be confusion about whether Paul is cleared to do something or not, perhaps he was carrying a knock. He and Jose shake hands (in that cool way) at the beginning of the interaction. Jose is not aware pogba is cleared to train possibly and why the other guy is called over and asked. You can make out Jose asking him did he call (?) No idea who he says or is it recorded or something. Personally couldn't give a bollix anyway, never gonna know for certain either way and both sides can spin away.

Shame it's detracting from the glorious fight back from the team last night, the valiant effort to take it to penalties only to lose to absolute beasts of penalty taking.

Hopefully lukaku gets his **** together for the weekend. Course be nice if he had more help in that regard too but we won't look for miracles :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

It was already leaked what is he going to say, nope its not true and do it anyways?

What? not sure what you mean here???

I could repeat what I’ve clarified over the last few pages and you could continue to just ignore it and ask me to answer the same thing again... But ...

In all fairness though you haven't added any substance to your points. TheDoc i think it was gave the example of tier one journalists and others including Duncan Castles, who all stated they were Jose's signings. You've offer little in the way to contradict that.

You also stated Jose was a highly successful manager, but the point being made at you is that nobody in any job these days can use the excuse ' but 5 years ago I was excellent at this job'. Most boardsies who work are expected to perform to a certain level they cannot rely on the whole "4 or 5 years ago I was acing this job. Similar too with Jose the point being made by the posters you're disagreeing with is that his track record of late isn't great in their eyes.

It's just my two cents, but I really don't feel you've addressed the points being made at you.

Yeah except this didn't happen, you made one point, moved the goalposts and are now claiming I'm not getting it. Grow up.

I’ve given plenty of examples and you have ignored them as consistently as I have posted it... Good man making up stuff, isn’t that classified as fake news these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

He didn't announce it at a press conference, it had already been leaked. (With the source saying the players were happy with and agreed with bthe decision)

He has publicly protected pogba time and again.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Sorry the Captaincy stripping was leaked yesterday, wasn't it or am I losing it :)

• Advertisement

Mod:

Let's keep the disagreements civil and constructive. Please.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Hood up, playing to cameras. He knows he can do what he wants and if the club don't like it he can go to Barca. Wish Keano was around to lodge his foot up his ass.

Hood up? Lol he cant keep warm now!!

Id say keano would love jose...

https://youtu.be/1j4GridHEF4

He didn't announce it at a press conference, it had already been leaked.

He has publicly protected pogba time and again.
    Sorry the Captaincy stripping was leaked yesterday, wasn't it or am I losing it :)

Sorry wasn't aware of the leak, thought it was a realease, my msitake.

Turtwig wrote: »
    In all fairness though you haven't added any substance to your points. TheDoc i think it was gave the example of tier one journalists and others including Duncan Castles, who all stated they were Jose's signings. You've offer little in the way to contradict that.

You also stated Jose was a highly successful manager, but the point being made at you is that nobody in any job these days can use the excuse ' but 5 years ago I was excellent at this job'. Most boardsies who work are expected to perform to a certain level they cannot rely on the whole "4 or 5 years ago I was acing this job. Similar too with Jose the point being made by the posters you're disagreeing with is that his track record of late isn't great in their eyes.

It's just my two cents, but I really don't feel you've addressed the points being made at you.

Ive given plenty of evidence and innuendo that certainly asks questions on the transfer policy of the club. Providing a journalists link proves what exactly? That Jose is towing the club line ?

Tell you what at least answer the information I have discussed.

- Fellani - Low down on the list of priorites , initial mistake by Woodwards virgin summer

- Mata - An opportunistic signing that the club didn't need and was popular but never a player who fitted into a Moyes team . .

- Shaw & Herrera - Both nearly signed under Moyes and were handed to LVG. LVG signed off on them but they weren't "his" signings

- LVG - Publically stating that Man United is
    "Totally different to Bayern. The bosses, former players like Karl Heinz Rummenigge and Uli Hoeness are former players who know what they are talking about. Football is the most important thing, not money like it is now at United. That's why I love Bayern." - Maybe not a direct quote on transfers but considering players and transfers are the most expensive aspect of a club it has to reflect on it.

- Woodward said United had been scouting Pogba - Jose may of been happy to get him but the club wanted him anyways which suggests the club would of tried to sign Pogba with or without Jose. Wonder if his online popularity played a role!
    https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/man-united-paul-pogba-171702

- Jose last summer and this summer saying the club didn't sign some players he wanted. Wanted Perisic, club got Sanchez in an opportunistic way but not necessarily Joses priority. What manager would decline a sanchez? He wasn't a Jose signing he was a player Jose was given.

- Jose wanting expienced defenders this summer and not get them even though the team had its best league finish in 5 seasons. Club didn't get him anybody . . Any manager coming in will need that area strengthened! !

- Jose saying this summer that he should be called a coach, not a manager .

And to beat home the Pogba signing:

Interesting is the suggestion that Woodward wouldn't sanction a Pogba sale, which has noting to do with on field performances. . (Paul Hirst - Times)
    Woodward, the club's executive vice-chairman, has "staked his reputation" on bringing Pogba back to United. He doesn't want another big-name transfer failure on his record after deals for players such as Angel Di Maria, Radamel Falcao, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Memphis Depay didn't work out.
    Pogba's "commercial value" is too great for Woodward to sanction his exit.
    "The month after signing Pogba on a five-year deal, Woodward took great delight in telling investors that the announcement of Pogba's medical had generated 'the highest daily activity ever on our website' and that 'it was also the most retweeted Manchester United post of all time on Twitter'."
    Woodward also revelled in how Pogba's transfer made a bigger impact on social media than when Gareth Bale joined Real Madrid or when Neymar signed for Paris Saint-Germain. Apparently, Pogba's return to United remains the club's most liked post on Instagram.
    Hirst writes that Woodward's stance on not selling Pogba is "rock-solid" and that the midfielder and Mourinho are, for better or worse, stuck with each other.

So even if Pogba is all sorts of trouble Woodward staked his reputation on the signing and has a vested interest to not sell. Interesting how excited Woodward was about the marketing potential of Pogba. There is more then enough here to ask serious questions on the way the club is being run in the backround and the level of involvement of managers in the arrivals and departures of the club. .

This would mean that Woodward has created a monstor in Pogba that allowed the player to affect the managers ability to manage the squad. There are no ramifications for Pogbas actions as he knows Woodward needs him . . That's a conflict of interest where Woodward is looking out for his own interest, not the first team and clearly suggests there was a different motive to signing Pogba that wasn't primarily about on field displays . .

Ive given plenty of evidence and innuendo that certainly asks questions on the transfer policy of the club. Providing a journalists link proves what exactly? That Jose is towing the club line ?

Tell you what at least answer the information I have discussed.

- Fellani - Low down on the list of priorites , initial mistake by Woodwards virgin summer

- Mata - An opportunistic signing that the club didn't need and was popular but never a player who fitted into a Moyes team . .

- Shaw & Herrera - Both nearly signed under Moyes and were handed to LVG. LVG signed off on them but they weren't "his" signings

- LVG - Publically stating that Man United is
    "Totally different to Bayern. The bosses, former players like Karl Heinz Rummenigge and Uli Hoeness are former players who know what they are talking about. Football is the most important thing, not money like it is now at United. That's why I love Bayern." - Maybe not a direct quote on transfers but considering players and transfers are the most expensive aspect of a club it has to reflect on it.

- Woodward said United had been scouting Pogba - Jose may of been happy to get him but the club wanted him anyways. Wonder if his online popularity played a role!
    https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/man-united-paul-pogba-171702

- Jose last summer and this summer saying the club didn't sign some players he wanted. Wanted Perisic, club got Sanchez in an opportunistic way but not necessarily Joses priority. What manager would decline a sanchez?

- Jose wanting expienced defenders this summer and not get them even though the team had its best league finish in 5 seasons. Club didn't get him anybody . . Any manager coming in will need that area strengthened! !

- Jose saying this summer that he should be called a coach, not a manager .

And to beat home the Pogba signing:

Interesting is the suggestion that Woodward wouldn't sanction a Pogba sale, which has noting to do with on field performances. . (Paul Hirst - Times)
    Woodward, the club's executive vice-chairman, has "staked his reputation" on bringing Pogba back to United. He doesn't want another big-name transfer failure on his record after deals for players such as Angel Di Maria, Radamel Falcao, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Memphis Depay didn't work out.
    Pogba's "commercial value" is too great for Woodward to sanction his exit.
    "The month after signing Pogba on a five-year deal, Woodward took great delight in telling investors that the announcement of Pogba's medical had generated 'the highest daily activity ever on our website' and that 'it was also the most retweeted Manchester United post of all time on Twitter'."
    Woodward also revelled in how Pogba's transfer made a bigger impact on social media than when Gareth Bale joined Real Madrid or when Neymar signed for Paris Saint-Germain. Apparently, Pogba's return to United remains the club's most liked post on Instagram.
    Hirst writes that Woodward's stance on not selling Pogba is "rock-solid" and that the midfielder and Mourinho are, for better or worse, stuck with each other.

So even if Pogba is all sorts of trouble Woodward staked his reputation on the signing and has a vested interest to not sell. Interesting how excited Woodward was about the marketing potential of Pogba. There is more then enough here to ask serious questions on the way the club is being run in the backround and the level of involvement of managers in the arrivals and departures of the club. .

Weak from start to finish, its more innuendo as you call it then evidence. Perisic publically said he preferred to stay at Inter. You also mention pre Jose signings. Fellaini worked with Moyes previously and was wanted by him.

Matic, Fred, Bailly, Lindy, Miki, Zlatan, Dalot, Lukaku are all Jose targets. Three of which he previously worked with. Sanchez was swapped for Jose's failure Miki.

The excuses must stop. "World beaters" like Persic and Toby would change very little. We should be beating Brighton, Wolves and Derby having signed no players.

Now an idea that Jose hasn't been allowed to get a team together is being floated around here. Pure rubbish! Jose has been given 300m and one of footballs most expensive squads and he can't get an attacking system working or cohesive style. Now his frustration and the infighting has stared. He's on very thin ice.

Weak from start to finish, its more innuendo as you call it then evidence. Perisic publically said he preferred to stay at Inter. You also mention pre Jose signings. Fellaini worked with Moyes previously and was wanted by him.

Matic, Fred, Bailly, Lindy, Miki, Zlatan, Dalot, Lukaku are all Jose targets. Three of which he previously worked with. Sanchez was swapped for Jose's failure Miki.

The excuses must stop. World beaters like Persic and Toby would change very little. We should be beating Brighton, Wolves and Derby having signed no players.

Now an idea that Jose hasn't been allowed to get a team together is being floated around here. Pure rubbish! Jose has been given 300m and ones of footballs most expensive squads and he can't get an attacking system working or cohesive style. Now his frustration and the infighting has stared. He's on very thin ice.

"Player who doesn't move club says they never wanted to leave shocker !"

You haven't even bothered to address my post so I will afford you the same respect . .

• Advertisement

"Player who doesn't move club says they never wanted to leave shocker !"

You haven't even bothered to address my post so I will afford you the same respect . .

I did but you just didn't like so now you claim I haven't. You can keep saying that but it doesn't make it true. Btw your original point was that Jose didn't get the players he wanted and most of your post was about Moyes and LVG players being forced in or handed to Jose. I'm getting dizzy trying ot keep an eye on the goal posts they are moving so much.

As for "Player who doesn't move club says they never wanted to leave shocker !" comment. How about failing manager claims club didnt support him shocker?

The idea the Persic would have us competing any differently or Jose behaving differetnly is even more laughable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Perisic is an average enough player. Dont think he would have improved our general play too much

I did but you just didn't like so now you claim I haven't. You can keep saying that but it doesn't make it true. Btw your original point was that Jose didn't get the players he wanted and most of your post was about Moyes and LVG players being forced in or handed to Jose. I'm getting dizzy trying ot keep an eye on the goal posts they are moving so much.

As for "Player who doesn't move club says they never wanted to leave shocker !" comment. How about failing manager claims club didnt support him shocker?

The idea the Persic would have us competing any differently or Jose behaving differetnly is even more laughable.

Perisic and Alderweriald would make our first team stronger. I totally disagree with those sentiments. .

I didn't say Jose didn't get the players he wanted, that wasn't my original statement. . I said Jose doesn't just get to choose every player he wants. You are arguing a point I never made. . The club has its own criteria and priorities when Signing Players and they dont always match up with the managers preference.

Woodward has said it, its no secret. . Look at Woodward staking his reputation on the line for Pogba and salivating over Pogbas marketing potential. How do you work out that this is not relevant when discussing uniteds signings?

I gave an extensive response to why I feel the club is more involved in transfers and you just ignored it. This isn't "changing the goalposts ", its actually qualifying my feelings on the transfers by including more examples. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Say what you like about Jose , he is total box office , I do not believe I have ever seen as much consideration given to a manager before .

Say what you like about Jose , he is total box office , I do not believe I have ever seen as much consideration given to a manager before .

Pogba will be like Suarez in some way . . He stopped biting and racially abusing people when he left Liverpool . . Pogba will start playing consistently again when he leaves United . . :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Saw this on Reddit. Kinda interesting hearing the ref talking to the players about the penalty decision.

• bangkok wrote: »
    Perisic is an average enough player. Dont think he would have improved our general play too much

Ah yea, just scored in the world cup final and was one of the best players in the Croatian side. Bang average

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ah yea, just scored in the world cup final and was one of the best players in the Croatian side. Bang average

tbf he's been very poor for Inter for the past 2 seasons.

Started around the time frame when he couldn't get the transfer to utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

bangkok wrote: »

International football is bang average, he's 30 in Jan and there's a reason he's at Inter and not a big European club .
    Gotze and Materazzi both scored in world cup finals hardly brilliant players ,
    He's a decent player and that about it ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

These two have turned the club into a circus for all the world to see. I knew at some point Mourinho would do it as he's been consistent in the way he behaves coming towards the end of his previous posts. Pogba was a surprise but all it tells me is Fergie was some judge of character as there was obviously something about Pogba he didn't like when he was overlooking him for CM when he was under pressure. At this point one is as bad as the other and I just want both out of the club.

Someone is going to have to take hold of this now cos this carry on cannot be allowed to continue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I can picture a toxic environment in the locker room and it's just going to get worse and worse as more players get involved

Not good at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Headshot wrote: »
    I can picture a toxic environment in the locker room and it's just going to get worse and worse as more players get involved

Not good at all
    Who are Pogba's buddies, be interesting to see how things start going for them, Normal these things turn a few players against the manger,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Headshot wrote: »

Not good at all

Same thing happened at Chelsea with Hazard. The biggest name causing the biggest stink, allegedly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Maybe Perisic would have been ****. Maybe Toby would have been too.

But if hey were, there'd be no excuses for Jose, he'd have gotten the players he wanted and failed.

If he goes now, there will always be that question mark hanging over the decision imo.

Perisic and Alderweriald would make our first team stronger. I totally disagree with those sentiments. .

I didn't say Jose didn't get the players he wanted, that wasn't my original statement. . I said Jose doesn't just get to choose every player he wants. You are arguing a point I never made. . The club has its own criteria and priorities when Signing Players and they dont always match up with the managers preference.

Woodward has said it, its no secret. . Look at Woodward staking his reputation on the line for Pogba and salivating over Pogbas marketing potential. How do you work out that this is not relevant when discussing uniteds signings?

I gave an extensive response to why I feel the club is more involved in transfers and you just ignored it. This isn't "changing the goalposts ", its actually qualifying my feelings on the transfers by including more examples. .
    ##

If Jose isn't getting to choose the players he wants then he isn't getting the players he wants, not that I beleive that.

As I said, not for one moment do I believe that Fred, Bailly, Lindy, Miki, Dalot, Lukaku are Woodward signings. If he's going for marquee signings then that doesn't hold up.

Matic, Zlatan and Lukaku are all Jose targets who worked with him previously and again not Woodward signings. So out of everyone signed in Jose's reign your left with Pogba and Sanchez. Sanchez was the same age as Miki when we did the swap and both are the same age as Persic. I doubt anyone would have argued that Sanchez was the better of those three. So why Is Sanchez constantly being played on the right with Martial previously on the left a lot? The same could have happend to Persic and we have another undrepreforming winger, and who in world football would turned down Pogba, I'm sure Jose said yes please.

Like I said your case and the "evidence" is weak. Jose got the squad he asked for and is still failing.

Spurs signed nobody and are ahead of us atm and I'll repeat my point you ignore, even with zero signings we should be be able to beat Brighton, Wolves and Derby, plus we should have a cohesive style and attack.

We don't and its on Jose and your excuses are nonsense.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement