Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018/2019 [Mod note 31-Aug-18]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Drumpot wrote: »
    bangkok wrote: »
    Sarri is at chelsea only 2 months and already his stamp is on the team, clear to see what they are doing.

Jose is into his 3rd season at united, spent a fortune and we are getting worse with no team identity

It’s ironic people are looking at the Chelsea manager as a shining example Of how to stamp your signature on a team. Jose was also able to stamp his signature on that team aswell.  It’s a multiple league winning quality squad Sarri inherited that downs tools every two seasons for every manager no matter who it is... like Leicester with ranieri. City with Pellegrini and Mancini....

The united squad Jose inherited had achieved nothing but mediocrity and was a mess. You don’t know what any other manager would do with this bunch.

Jose hasn’t spent a penny. The club bought those players. Real life isn’t like football manager where a manager selects their priorities. The club has its own strategy in buying and selling players. You choosing to constantly ignore it doesn’t change that fact....
    Cognitive bias rubbish at its finest here.  Imagine actually believing this tripe!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

TheDoc wrote: »
    Did he explain the McTominay selection ? Turned of the Telly at the final whistle.

Can’t think of a reason that doesn’t make him look like he’s lost it.

Ed Woodward made that decision yo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

It’s ironic people are looking at the Chelsea manager as a shining example Of how to stamp your signature on a team. Jose was also able to stamp his signature on that team aswell. It’s a multiple league winning quality squad Sarri inherited that downs tools every two seasons for every manager no matter who it is... like Leicester with ranieri. City with Pellegrini and Mancini....

The united squad Jose inherited had achieved nothing but mediocrity and was a mess. You don’t know what any other manager would do with this bunch.

Jose hasn’t spent a penny. The club bought those players. Real life isn’t like football manager where a manager selects their priorities. The club has its own strategy in buying and selling players. You choosing to constantly ignore it doesn’t change that fact....

ah here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    He said he was the best defender today.

Haha. So lost it. K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Cognitive bias rubbish at its finest here. Imagine actually believing this tripe!

Definitive .. Informative . . Absolute . . :pac:

ah here

Good man. Ignore anything that you cant actually address and make something out of nothing . . The context of that statement was after the bit you highlighted. .

Maybe I should just revert to your tactics and instead of explaining things, just post statements that come to my head with little real information or facts to back them up. And then when people challenge them, I will just post other random stuff until they give up . .

Cognitive bias rubbish at its finest here.  Imagine actually believing this tripe!

Definitive .. Informative . . Absolute . . :pac:
    Great reply.  You explained your reasoning perfectly with logic and fact.  Well done. 
    Jose is done and the main problem at UTD now, nothing and nobody else.    Whatever you keep repeating to yourself isn't true no matter how many times you do it .

ah here

Good man. Ignore anything that you cant actually address and make something out of nothing . . The context of that statement was after the bit you highlighted. .

I should just revert to your tactics and instead of explaining things, just post statements that come to my head with little real information or facts to back them up. And then when people challenge them, I will just post other random stuff until they give up . .
    :D:D this is literally what you just did to me :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

It’s ironic people are looking at the Chelsea manager as a shining example Of how to stamp your signature on a team. Jose was also able to stamp his signature on that team aswell. It’s a multiple league winning quality squad Sarri inherited that downs tools every two seasons for every manager no matter who it is... like Leicester with ranieri. City with Pellegrini and Mancini....

Ah here, would you give it a rest man.

The team Conte inherited from him finished mid-table the year before - and that was only after Hiddink rescued them from the near relegation position Jose left them in.
    You can't say Conte didn't play a huge part in the title win the year after.

They didn't become title winners just by magic. And it wasn't just down to the players attitude.

It took two top managers to come in and sort things out: repair the carnage left after Jose.

It's amazing how every club he leaves in acrimonious circumstances (which is most of the teams Jose's managed)....are deemed to be a bunch of mercenaries and trouble makers by some posters here.

How incredibly unfortunate Jose is to keep taking jobs, only at the clubs where such dressing rooms exist :rolleyes:

I'm the first to admit a lot of our players are under performing and need to up their game.

But there's much more to it than that.

Our tactical set up and fearful football puts us on the backfoot way too often, and that's a decision that comes from the manager.
    We don't have any rhythm or fluency to our play.

Our attacking players are constantly out of sorts and lack confidence.

If you want to pretend the manager is 0% accountable for that, fair enough, its your choice.
    But that's incredibly naive.

ericzeking wrote: »
    Ed Woodward made that decision yo!

Woodward is paid hundreds of thousands to run the club on and off it.

We know he's good at the marketing side of things but we don't know if he is any good at the footballing side. Like hiring managers. Agreeing to transfers and sales and what he role he plays in that area.

What role do you think he has played in the clubs demise ?

Or do you think its just an unfortunate coincidence that he has been the CEO of the club during this period ?

Only a simpleton could think that the problems of the last 6 years are all down to managers . .

• Advertisement

:D:D this is literally what you just did to me :D:D:D

Agreed. . I did what I said I was going to do . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

:D:D this is literally what you just did to me :D:D:D

Haha i was just going to post that :)

:D:D this is literally what you just did to me :D:D:D

Agreed. . I did what I said I was going to do . .
    You did what you criticised other for doing and thought was a bad example of how to post.  Good for you I guess????
    ??????????????????

Zeek12 wrote: »
    Ah here, would you give it a rest man.

The team Conte inherited from him finished mid-table the year before - and that was only after Hiddink rescued them from the near relegation position Jose left them in.
    You can't say Conte didn't play a huge part in the title win the year after.

They didn't become title winners just by magic. And it wasn't just down to the players attitude.

It took two top managers to come in and sort things out: repair the carnage left after Jose.

It's amazing how every club he leaves in acrimonious circumstances (which is most of the teams Jose's managed)....are deemed to be a bunch of mercenaries and trouble makers by some posters here.

How incredibly unfortunate Jose is to keep taking jobs, only at the clubs where such dressing rooms exist :rolleyes:

I'm the first to admit a lot of our players are under performing and need to up their game.

But there's much more to it than that.

Our tactical set up and fearful football puts us on the backfoot way too often, and that's a decision that comes from the manager.
    We don't have any rhythm or fluency to our play.

Our attacking players are constantly out of sorts and lack confidence.

If you want to pretend the manager is 0% accountable for that, fair enough.
    But that's incredibly naive.

Would you feck off. .

Jose won the league. Falls out with squad. The team downed tools and Hiddink just rode out their season. .

Conte came in and had virtually the same league winning squad with no champions league distraction. Wins league.

Conte falls out with Costa. Team downs tools. Conte is sacked .

Sarri comes in and team is great again . .

Yeh, two completely different set of circumstances .. :pac:

You did what you criticised other for doing and thought was a bad example of how to post. Good for you I guess????
    ??????????????????

That's actually the only accurate thing you have said about my posts. . :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Maybe I should just revert to your tactics and instead of explaining things, just post statements that come to my head with little real information or facts to back them up. And then when people challenge them, I will just post other random stuff until they give up . .

Master at work

Jaysus when I called you out on stuff you were making up the other night you responded with utter tripe...... So much tripe didn't Katy Perry even make it into your reply?

You did what you criticised other for doing and thought was a bad example of how to post.  Good for you I guess????
    ??????????????????

That's actually the only accurate thing you have said about my posts. . :pac:
    We accidentally found some common ground.  Don't get used to it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,451 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

We know he's good at the marketing side of things but we don't know if he is any good at the footballing side. Like hiring managers. Agreeing to transfers and sales and what he role he plays in that area.

Or do you think its just an unfortunate coincidence that he has been the CEO of the club during this period ?

Only a simpleton could think that the problems of the last 6 years are all down to managers . .

Those noodle companies won't want to sponsor us indefinitely if we aren't winning things.
    Like I said earlier United had a conspicuous lack of support in South East Asia in the 1980's, those fans identified with our success, they didn't experience Liverpool fans rubbing their faces in it for years (jesus they were horrible winners). Our financial success will not endure unless we are at least challenging for top honours.
    Woodward has turned us into the best sponsored mid table side in the world.

Glazers Out!

Would you feck off. .

Jose won the league. Falls out with squad. The team downed tools and Hiddink just rode out their season. .

Conte came in and had virtually the same league winning squad with no champions league distraction. Wins league.

Conte falls out with Costa. Team downs tools. Conte is sacked .

Sarri comes in and team is great again . .

Yeh, two completely different set of circumstances .. :pac:

You make it sound like Sarri and Conte should apologize for taking over someone else's squad.
    Why?
    Thats normal in football.

I suppose this was never the case with Jose?

The fact he took over a Chelsea team from Benitez which finished third in the PL and won the Europa league doesn't matter, right?

By the way....your quote "falls out with squad" is an important one here.

When will he learn to stop falling out with players?

• Advertisement

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Master at work

Agreed . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

That was a joke.... FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Rumours this evening that Zidane may be heading to Juventus.

Juve are parting company with sporting director Giuseppe Marotta. It was speculated back when Zidane left Madrid that he would take over as a Juve exec in October. Marotta's contract expires October 25th. The timing is certainly strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Devil's Advocate

Jose left Porto a hero and they were crying after him at Inter. Chelsea boys, from first stint, would have run thro a wall for him.

Second Chelsea stint went fairly sour but player power is a problem at Chelsea for years.

Madrid is Madrid.

Just offering alternative view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,451 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Rumours this evening that Zidane may be heading to Juventus.

Juve are parting company with sporting director Giuseppe Marotta. It was speculated back when Zidane left Madrid that he would take over as a Juve exec in October. Marotta's contract expires October 25th. The timing is certainly strange.

Big Sam can save us from the drop.

Glazers Out!

Devil's Advocate

Jose left Porto a hero and they were crying after him at Inter. Chelsea boys, from first stint, would have run thro a wall for him.

Second Chelsea stint went fairly sour but player power is a problem at Chelsea for years.

Madrid is Madrid.

Not sure what view your offering from that post but go on .............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

There is no chance Woodwards role is under threat. The Glazers have him there to do one thing - make money, and hes doing just that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭micks_address

The question as the lads said on BT is if mou goes, is there anyone else can make things better with the players there? It's such a shame sanchez didn't turn into the 30 goal a season player he was for arsenal.. Maybe a team that played to his strengths would see him score a lot more. So let's say thet sack mou and Zidane comes in.. Probably finish 7th in the league and at best quarter finals in champions league maybe a fa cup.. He's need 300 million at least next summer.. Utd will never win anything when fellani is there. Defence isn't good enough and team is to slow in transition to attack. They need more speed and skill in midfield..

Zeek12 wrote: »
    You make it sound like Sarri and Conte should apologize for taking over someone else's squad.
    Why?
    Thats normal in football.

I suppose this was never the case with Jose?

The fact he took over a Chelsea team from Benitez which finished third in the PL and won the Europa league doesn't matter, right?

By the way....your quote "falls out with squad" is an important one here.

When will he learn to stop falling out with players?

This is it though . .He inherited a good squad from Benitez, but didn't inherit a good squad from LVG. That's a big difference. .

Conte and Sarri both inherited squads full of league winners , players used to managerial changes and a club that was used to that strategy (big turnover of managers). Our club isn't there yet . .

I think the problem is that we want to be Chelsea/city (managers in/out not a problem) but we don't have the setup for it. I also think we need to invest way more to get the squad up to speed. Hundreds of millions sounds like a lot on its own but when we were already well behind the rest when Jose took over and you factor in what they are spending we need better quality no matter who the manager . .

I am not absolving Jose of blame. I don't see the problems being fixed when hes gone because I fear they are much deeper then just a manager.

I don't know why he was hired. I didn't want him. The club hired him knowing his history and his style of football. So why are people complaining about Jose doing what he always does ? What role do the owners and people who hired him take in this ? Why are the club talking about an ethos that Jose never shared in other clubs ? There is no strategy at all at the club and they are all about marketing and feeding us f*ll of sh*t....

I think you either go all in with a Jose or you sack him. The club was pathetic in the summer by sitting on the fence , allowing the league momentum to just collapse and retain Jose/Pogba (one or both) when neither of them look completely delighted with the way things are going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Great reply.  You explained your reasoning perfectly with logic and fact.  Well done. 
    Would you feck off. .

Mod:
    There are so many other posts I could have quoted. . .

I think there should come a time for two parties to realise when to agree to disagree and move on before things become needlessly heated and silly.

Devil's Advocate

Madrid is Madrid.

Not sure what view your offering from that post but go on .............

I too feel that a piece of this was lost somewhere . .

Edit: I get what jimmy was saying. Madrid and Chelsea are regularly a circus when it comes to managers ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Why doesn't the bloke ever take the blame, he never says " I got it wrong tactically". He just questions the attitude and quality of his players. It's easy to see why he loses the dressing room so quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Jose is done and the main problem at UTD now, nothing and nobody else.    Whatever you keep repeating to yourself isn't true no matter how many times you do it .
    Yep. Clearly no problems within the squad at all. All quality players :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Devil's Advocate

Madrid is Madrid.

Why did he leave Chelsea first time and why did he leave Madrid?

He still fell out with people which saw him sacked or happily allowed to leave.

Jose is not in this spot this season because he fell out with players. He is there because of his conscious reaction to Ed not buying more players for him. He is the one who became sour, who takes digs at players on a regular basis, in isolation none are particularly bad but the pattern is not one of creating harmony or an attitude of us against the world, more Jose against everyone.

He is in this mess because he did not progress players he bought like Bailly or Lindelof who he wanted Ed to replace within two and one year of buying them. He already moved on Miki within a year and a half.

He is the guy who wanted to let Martial go (at club three years) to get in a new player, is it any wonder Martial is not in a good head space that leads to top performances when he does play?

He is the one who could not accept the club wanted him to get on with doing his job with significant investment they already made. He is the one who is failing to get them functioning as a cohesive group.

Ultimately they would probably fall short if they are as poor as he thinks but if he did his job right he would have strength to influence people around the club to say "look what I did with this group, get me x or y and imagine what I can do".

Yes they undermined him this summer, the board share the blame. Jose still had a choice to accept it and do a great job with what he has or nlt accept it and move on. Looks like he chose move on but without actually writing a resignation.

pjohnson wrote: »
    In term of losing to Brighton, drawing with Wolves at home, losing to Derby at home, getting trounced to Spurs a home, losing away to West Ham, and having  lower table teams out pass us, out play us and out match us in terms of strategy, desire, focus, gameplan and tactics......then no, absolutely not. 
    Our style is now to resort to playing hoofball to Felaini when we fall behind, which is common place, then NO, absolutely not.  Its unacceptable.  The team and UTD style Jose has ingrained, and it is his style and team, is totally unacceptable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

The question as the lads said on BT is if mou goes, is there anyone else can make things better with the players there? It's such a shame sanchez didn't turn into the 30 goal a season player he was for arsenal.. Maybe a team that played to his strengths would see him score a lot more. So let's say thet sack mou and Zidane comes in.. Probably finish 7th in the league and at best quarter finals in champions league maybe a fa cup.. He's need 300 million at least next summer.. Utd will never win anything when fellani is there. Defence isn't good enough and team is to slow in transition to attack. They need more speed and skill in midfield..

Harsh on fellani, he's been decently good when called upon and clearly one of the players who kbows what it means to play for united and always gives it his all. Tends to pop up with a few important goals when needed.
    Fellani is near the bottom of the list of players to have a pick at in this squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

I don't think many deny the squad is a mess, however we are stuck with them until the summer.
    I also believe Jose can't do anything now to get them out of the slump they are in, be it lack of confidence in his plan of he's lost the dressing room. That makes him the biggest problem if only because it's the only one of the 3 big ones at the club* that anything can be done about now.
    I had been willing to have Jose see the season out up to this week, but it's just turned into to big of a mess for all concerned to leave it that long. Having said that I can't see the club sacking him just yet.

* The board not fully backing or sacking Jose in the summer being the 3rd problem along with Jose and the players form/attitude/team balance

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Fellani is near the bottom of the list of players to have a pick at in this squad.

Ironic when you think about the derision when he signed....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Harsh on fellani, he's been decently good when called upon and clearly one of the players who kbows what it means to play for united and always gives it his all. Tends to pop up with a few important goals when needed.

Agreed, I'd love if we were in a position where our biggest problem was that Fellani isn't good enough to be kept on.
    However we have far bigger problems than him right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

(For the stats nerds)

Goals scored:
    United: 10
    Liverpool: 15
    Citea: 21

Goals scored/match
    United: 1.43
    Liverpool: 2.14
    Citea: 3.0

Big chances created
    United: 6
    Liverpool: 14
    Citea: 21

Goals conceded/match
    United: 1.71
    Liverpool: 0.43
    Citea: 0.43

Passes/Match
    United: 531
    Liverpool: 608
    Citea: 730

Pass Accuracy
    United: 83%
    Liverpool: 85%
    Citea: 90%

Tackles
    United: 91
    Liverpool:128
    Citea: 72

Tackle Success
    United: 56%
    Liverpool: 66%
    Citea: 72%

I cant believe these players are this bad. Notwithstanding the poor defence, we've no fluency, no attack, no creativity, uninspiring, no grafting, no passion (bar 2 or 3) insipid, pedestrian etc..if we go behind we're absolutely screwed.

I'd like to see them being allowed play, before culling players, bar the obvious ones boxing above their weight, who should be culled now. Does that mean Jose has to go? Unfortunately yes.

Only for DDG we'd be in even bigger trouble.

Saves
    United: 19
    Liverpool: 16
    Citea: 11

Always look on the brightside of life indeed....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭micks_address

Not questioning his dedication.. Just indicative of the below par players utd should have to compete at top table. I'd put herrera, lingard, mata (this season), Smalling, rashers has talent but doesn't score enough.. Same with martial.. I don't think lukaka is world class either... Who's left? OK we have a great goalkeeper.. Put lukaka and sanchez in the city team and they have 30 goals a season blindfolded..

• Advertisement

This is it though . .He inherited a good squad from Benitez, but didn't inherit a good squad from LVG. That's a big difference. .

Conte and Sarri both inherited squads full of league winners , players used to managerial changes and a club that was used to that strategy (big turnover of managers). Our club isn't there yet . .

I think the problem is that we want to be Chelsea/city (managers in/out not a problem) but we don't have the setup for it. I also think we need to invest way more to get the squad up to speed. Hundreds of millions sounds like a lot on its own but when we were already well behind the rest when Jose took over and you factor in what they are spending we need better quality no matter who the manager . .

Not really the point I was making.

You said Jose stamped his signature on Chelsea last time.
    That's only partially true at best.

He took over an already very good squad from Benitez.
    They'd already Finished 3rd in league and won a European trophy in 2013.
    They were going in the right direction anyway.
    And United were already on the slide at that time.

So that league win was as much due to external factors, and to the squad he inherited, as it was down to any brilliance from Jose.

He's had 300M to improve the squad he got from LVG.

And to say the LVG reign was unsuccessful isn't entirely true.
    We came 4th and got back in CL in 2015.

And he won an FA Cup too (Jose supporters are very quick to point to the Carabao cup win...or whatever it was called then).

I don't know why he was hired. I didn't want him. The club hired him knowing his history and his style of football. So why are people complaining about Jose doing what he always does ?

Because its outdated and opposition teams have already figured this out.
    Plus he doesn't have an x-factor player anymore to turn games for him.
    There's no Hazard or Ibra to win it with wonder goals.

He needs to come up with a plan to deal with this situation.

Lumping long balls to Fellaini can only get us out of jail so many times...

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Lack of ambition?? Seriously?

This I cannot understand. They gave Jose 400 odd million euro to spend on players. He proceeded to buy flop after flop. Jose wasted the money clear and simple.

If he got anymore he probably would have spent 80 million on Harry Maguire and 60 million Eric Dier. Jose wasted the money and then criticised the players publicly. Its no wonder the players are playing with no confidence.
    Mourinho's biggest success this season so far has been convincing so many people that he hasn't been backed by the club.

awec wrote: »
    Mourinho's biggest success this season so far has been convincing so many people that he hasn't been backed by the club.

The most amusing thing is people using total spend over multiple windows to explain how he has been backed to avoid talking about the spending in the most recent window. I wonder why they do that?

The most amusing thing is people using total spend over multiple windows to explain how he has been backed to avoid talking about the spending in the most recent window. I wonder why they do that?
    Because looking at just one window is a bit stupid.

All this whinging about him not getting to buy a centre half. He's already bought two during his time at the club, and neither of them were cheap.

This current Manchester United team is Mourinho's team. Does he expect to be allowed to just keep signing players every time he signs a dud? It's a nonsense proposition.

Not questioning his dedication.. Just indicative of the below par players utd should have to compete at top table. I'd put herrera, lingard, mata (this season), Smalling, rashers has talent but doesn't score enough.. Same with martial.. I don't think lukaka is world class either... Who's left? OK we have a great goalkeeper.. Put lukaka and sanchez in the city team and they have 30 goals a season blindfolded..

Whose left?
    Pogba, Bailly, Lindelof, Young, Herrera, Jones...
    I get what your saying, i just would of used other players for your argument.

I mean, Lukaku although on a terrible run of form, will be here for a long time, wont get a bigger club than where he is and he respects the badge/club/fans. Soon as he gets going we'll all be raving about him again.

Sanchez not a discussion i want to get in to tbh as its been covered to hell and i dont want to swing the thread that way (although could do with a break from the jose/pogba roundabout discussions :p )

Because looking at just one window is a bit stupid.

All this whinging about him not getting to buy a centre half. He's already bought two during his time at the club, and neither of them were cheap.

This current Manchester United team is Mourinho's team. Does he expect to be allowed to rebuild his team every window every time he signs a dud? It's a nonsense proposition.

It would be unheard of alright. Sure why else were say Karius and Bravo starting today?

It would be unheard of alright. Sure why else were say Karius and Bravo starting today?
    Karius cost 5 million.

I'm sure if Mourinho had bought two 5 million centre halves he'd have been allowed to buy another one.

You go through Klopp's Liverpool signings and there have been a few duds alright, but the difference is they were dirt cheap. Mourinho has expensive flops, that's his problem.

First time weve been first on match of the day in weeks i think. Roll on the soap opera

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

They didn't back him again and it led to this.

But Jose needing more players to replace ones he bought two summers and one summer earlier means he shares the blame on that.

As much as I wanted to see players added I have to see reasons why Ed and co would be reluctant, they, as a club, ditched Di Maria, Depay and Morgan after buying for LVG. Ditched Miki for Jose now they see more requests to move on players they just bought? They would be negligent to not at least stall the buy, sell, buy nature of what had happened over recent seasons.

• Advertisement

Karius cost 5 million.

I'm sure if Mourinho had bought two 5 million centre halves he'd have been allowed to buy another one.

You go through Klopp's Liverpool signings and there have been a few duds alright, but the difference is they were dirt cheap. Mourinho has expensive flops, that's his problem.

Faulty logic, a bad or poor signing is a mistake happens all the time in football but to continue on with it instead of fixing it when you have the money to do so is just compounding the mistake.

If you dont trust the manager to spend more money then move him on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement