Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018/2019 [Mod note 31-Aug-18]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

F the Glazers

Should of never been allowed buy the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

That's more depressing than the start of our season. And more worrying for our long term future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

That's just sad

The club is no worse than the Glazers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Players get abhorrent wages compared to some other clubs but the fan revenue generates such a return on jersey sales the wheels keep turning but we don't want to become a team resting on past laurels that's not our way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    That's just sad

The club is no worse than the Glazers
    I'm assuming the club isn't withholding payment, it's simply the way purchases are structured these days.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd wager most clubs have seen similar increases, due to the inflating costs of players. More and more deals seems to get structured over larger times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

We're probably on our way to a Hicks & Gillett situation somewhere down the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I'm assuming the club isn't withholding payment, it's simply the way purchases are structured these days.

Yeah usually its paid over the duration of the players first contract IIRC..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'd wager most clubs have seen similar increases, due to the inflating costs of players. More and more deals seems to get structured over larger times.

Yep and it gives la Liga teams are really unfair advantage imo. If Barca or Real sell any of their players they get the release clause amount up front. That enables them to have better cash flows for a given transfer window than other sides who only get partial payments. Real and Barca still get performance bonuses in bit part payments but the majority of the transfer is stumped up before the player is even released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

J. Marston wrote: »
    We're probably on our way to a Hicks & Gillett situation somewhere down the road.

Glazers family own the club Hicks & Gillett situation was two guys falling out and having to sell the co-owned assets. A very strange situation is Rupert Murdoch sold Fox assets and a lot of Sky recently he is filthy stinking rich I could see maybe he make a very large wager of an offer to buy Manchester United from the Glazers.

The Glazers are very unlikely to sell as Man Utd as a business is ticking over and they have a very good standing reputation that the debt owed won't be called upon unless circumstances change very dramatically. They will be happy to let the status quo continue and to keep dripping profits from the club to their own gain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I’ve been and continue to be a Jose supporter. First season - trophies , second season highest finish to a record breaking city team , this season I’m not sure what is going on lots of player power !! Why are the players getting away Scott free ? There is no better manager available to us.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

jharr100 wrote: »
    Just saw this on twitter during the week . Our Glazer debt repayments and interest is eye watering.

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1044601193190891520?s=09

Huge figures alright. They issued vanity shares (317.9) to raise revenue for it and it offset the debt payments to a degree.

The spend of 653 net on transfers, average 105 net per year 14 through 18.

Ideal world the club would not be in need of the financing and debt repayments. It is unlikely they would be as good at getting money in without the Glazer takeover either so it would balance a little (see vanity shares).

That average spend should have the team much stronger though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Mourinho will be gone within the next 4 weeks, his position is untenable now. The players can play badly without consequences as they can hide behind the headline the media will latch on to “Mourinho has lost the dressing room”, I wouldn’t be surprised to see us near relagation if he is given until Christmas.

If the choice is between Blanc or Zidane I would lean towards ZZ simply because of those champions league wins and potentially having a special touch, Blanc is a bit of a known quantity. The reality is both could be completely average and struggle to put it up to Pep and Klopp. Turbulent times ahead,

Jesus, has it come to this, we are putting Klopp in the same league as mourinho and pep when he’s won the total sum of SFA with liverpool and the clubs only return after a 1.1 billion spend in 10 years is a league cup. They’ve had a good start to the season, we’ve had a **** one, but honestly Klopp has been at liverpool nearly a year longer and we still finished ahead of them last year and won a european and domestic cup in the interim.

I’d sell or bench pogba in the morning, his play was disgraceful at the weekend. No player is bigger than the club

I’ve been and continue to be a Jose supporter. First season - trophies , second season highest finish to a record breaking city team , this season I’m not sure what is going on lots of player power !! Why are the players getting away Scott free ? There is no better manager available to us.

The players really aren't getting away Scott free.

It's just that it's obvious now that woody has made his choice; he wouldn't replace the players we needed to replace, and thus emboldened the players. At which point, if Woody has chosen the players, most people just don't see the point of dithering much longer, and keeping a manager whose vision isn't shared by the club :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

The players really aren't getting away Scott free.

It's just that it's obvious now that woody has made his choice; he wouldn't replace the players we needed to replace, and thus emboldened the players. At which point, if Woody has chosen the players, most people just don't see the point of dithering much longer, and keeping a manager whose vision isn't shared by the club :/

Why the extension ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Jesus, has it come to this, we are putting Klopp in the same league and mourinho and pep when he’s won the total sum of SFA with liverpool and the clubs only return after a 1.1 billion spend in 10 years is a league cup. They’ve had a good start to the season, we’ve had a **** one, but honestly Klopp has been at liverpool nearly a year longer and we still finished ahead of them last year and won a european and domestic cup in the interim.

I’d sell or bench pogba in the morning, his play was disgraceful at the weekend. No player is bigger than the club

Why does it always come back to Pogba? If he was training poorly and been **** in most games he would be in the stand along with sanchez and lingard at the weekend.

We played 4 centre mids on sat and one of them was playing centre back. It was a joke of a set up from jose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

I know people are talking about a new manager and DOF but our scouting network is absolutely shocking in the last few years. We need to be identifying great players obviously but we also need to filter out the weak characters as well. We have such flaky players it's not even funny. Scouting needs to improve greatly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭mosstin

Jesus, has it come to this, we are putting Klopp in the same league and mourinho and pep when he’s won the total sum of SFA with liverpool and the clubs only return after a 1.1 billion spend in 10 years is a league cup. They’ve had a good start to the season, we’ve had a **** one, but honestly Klopp has been at liverpool nearly a year longer and we still finished ahead of them last year and won a european and domestic cup in the interim.

Klopp has been at Liverpool a year longer but look where both clubs are at right now in terms of everything - style of play - do United actually have one? - team spirit, connection with fans, ambition etc etc.

Mourinho has his two trophies but at what cost? When you do inevitably get rid of him, how long to get rid of the stink?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I think it dawned on me yesterday that I simply don't like most of the players. Lack of character, lack of balls, lack of professional integrity.

The manager is a prick, our best player seems to hate the club, the board are a bunch of f*ckwits who's only intention is to increase followers on Facebook. They're businessmen with no interest in the football side of things.

It's a shame to see what this football club has become. I'd give anything to hear Fergies honest opinion on the current situation because I'd say he's sickened.

Going to the Liam Miller match on Tuesday really hit home for me what a special club this was once upon a time, and it seems a long time ago.

Rant over!

Mod Note: User has been notified about this post.
    (Cannot call a manager a prick or f*ckwit)

mosstin wrote: »

Klopp has been at Liverpool a year longer but look where both clubs are at right now in terms of everything - style of play - do United actually have one? - team spirit, connection with fans, ambition etc etc.

Mourinho has his two trophies but at what cost? When you do inevitably get rid of him, how long to get rid of the stink?

Until Liverpool get back to the top table in terms of winning trophies then it counts for very little. Spurs play a good brand of football too, at some point you have to put trophies alongside the football both those clubs play. As for the stink, how long were Chelsea in the doldrums after Mourinho left ? Not very long

Until Liverpool get back to the top table in terms of winning trophies then it counts for very little. Spurs play a good brand of football too, at some point you have to put trophies alongside the football both those clubs play. As for the stink, how long were Chelsea in the doldrums after Mourinho left ? Not very long

Liverpool are the second best team in the country and playing thrilling football. Their fans are buzzing to watch them every week. Watching United is a chore now. We're nowhere near second best, playing dogsh*t football and not contending for anything. Liverpool got to the CL final last year. I know who I'd prefer between Klopp and Jose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

dulux99 wrote: »
    I think it dawned on me yesterday that I simply don't like most of the players. Lack of character, lack of balls, lack of professional integrity.

The manager is a prick, our best player seems to hate the club, the board are a bunch of f*ckwits who's only intention is to increase followers on Facebook. They're businessmen with no interest in the football side of things.

It's a shame to see what this football club has become. I'd give anything to hear Fergies honest opinion on the current situation because I'd say he's sickened.

Going to the Liam Miller match on Tuesday really hit home for me what a special club this was once upon a time, and it seems a long time ago.

Rant over!

Was getting a united shirt recently and i was thinking of who's name to get on it. Left the thing blank, nobody in squad you'd absolutely love bar De Gea but it was an outfield shirt.

Watch games now expecting the worst and it's been five year of mostly mundane football.

Liverpool are the second best team in the country and playing thrilling football. Their fans are buzzing to watch them every week. Watching United is a chore now. We're nowhere near second best, playing dogsh*t football and not contending for anything. Liverpool got to the CL final last year. I know who I'd prefer between Klopp and Jose.

So second best then

So second best then

and what are United? 6th best? While playing turgid football? Yet its all okay cos we won the europa league. Sport is meant to be entertaining.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

and what are United? 6th best? While playing turgid football? Yet its all okay cos we won the europa league. Sport is meant to be entertaining.

As a United fan I agree. The purpose of football is for it to be entertaining. Then to win. Jose usually wins by any means which may mean less entertaining football is the trade off for winning. We are doing neither now.

Not diminishing Klopp here at all

But Pool are an example of a club where the manager clearly had the full backing of the board, shared a vision together and showed an ambition in the summer to strengthen to take a step forward.

Their defence was an issue? Broke the record fee for a defender. Keeper was an issue, despite the fact it was one Klopp bought? Broke the record for a keeper. Needed to deepen the squad with serious talent? Fabinho and Shaqiri in. Pool in the summer showed faith in their manager, and backed him massively.

And Pool show the benefits of that; genuinely have stepped up their league game this season, while playing brilliant football.

Meanwhile, Woody put the brakes on Jose and said "good enough, thanks". Jose identifies key areas that need addressing, and the board just shrugged and went "nah, do with what you've got". Lack of ambition, lack of faith, a lack of desire to try and catch up with City, while,letting Pool rocket ahead of us.

And there's some people have such a hatred of Jose, they accepted that lack of backing, lack of ambition, simply cause they are happy to see the club stall if it means they get to take their pound of flesh from Jose....

But Pool are an example of a club where the manager clearly had the full backing of the board, shared a vision together and showed an ambition in the summer to strengthen to take a step forward.

Their defence was an issue? Broke the record fee for a defender. Keeper was an issue, despite the fact it was one Klopp bought? Broke the record for a keeper. Needed to deepen the squad with serious talent? Fabinho and Shaqiri in. Pool in the summer showed faith in their manager, and backed him massively.

And Pool show the benefits of that; genuinely have stepped up their league game this season, while playing brilliant football.

Meanwhile, Woody put the brakes on Jose and said "good enough, thanks". Jose identifies key areas that need addressing, and the board just shrugged and went "nah, do with what you've got". Lack of ambition, lack of faith, a lack of desire to try and catch up with City, while,letting Pool rocket ahead of us.

And there's some people have such a hatred of Jose, they accepted that lack of backing, lack of ambition, simply cause they are happy to see the club stall if it means they get to take their pound of flesh from Jose....

I can see it from both sides. Klopp has been brilliant in the transfer market so it's easy to see why he had the backing of the board, and why they've confidence in him to sign the people that he wants to sign.

Jose's signings at United have been average at best. Best of the lot has probably been Lukaku, who hasn't exactly transformed us either.. Far more duds than successes. They plundered god knows how much in January for Sanchez which looks like the worst piece of business done by a top English club in a long time.

He's practically begging for a new center back in public, but in the last two previous summers signed center backs and neither of them have established themselves as top players at all. From the boards point of view, why give this guy more money to piss against the wall?

But, if you're not going to back the manager then why have him there at all. Any other board would decide at this point enough is enough and get rid of him. But the board aren't football people, they're business men. Things are ticking along nicely on the business side of things so if it's not broken don't fix it. Which is depressing from the fans point of view. But they couldn't give to sh*ts about the actual fans.

When Jose needed a striker, United moved on Rooney and bought Lukaku for 80 odd million. Before, when in need of a forward and creative player in came Zlatan and Mkhitaryan. When Miki was out if favour out he went and in cMe Sanchez. When he needed a midfield player they spent 90 odd on Pogba. When he needed another they splashed out on Matic. Another, here is Fred. Why is only the last window under consideration?

This summer, three summers in, instead of a team scenario where adding Fred and Dalot is good squad building we have Jose looking to replace players bought for him.

Is it at all possoble they were left asking WTF is going on rather than a lack of ambition? Is it logical to keep spending without expectation of a return?

One of the reasons United didn't spend 200 million this summer might be something also to do with the cash they spent in previous windows. It is not a bottomless pit of cash.

There was a time we looked down on clubs like Leeds for over committing for short term gain or oil funded clubs for spending gross sums. Now it is flat out lack of ambition to not allow others actions lead the clubs in the short term?

I was as frustrated as anyone when the summer went the way it did, but now when I see a cm in defence with Bailly on the bench or Lindelof any week I understand why they were slow to really spend big on more defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,971 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

They plundered god knows how much in January for Sanchez which looks like the worst piece of business done by a top English club in a long time.

Incredibly, looks like Arsenal got the better part of that deal with Miki-T. :p

Guys on MOTD2 reckon Valencia on Tuesday is a must-not-lose for Mou...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I’d be genuinely shocked for Jose to be sacked before 4th place is gone mathematically. We do nothing at pace either on or off the pitch so allowing the cloud to loom over this season is by far the most likely outcome.

Laurent Blanc is a good shout for a temporary manager until the end of season and possibly beyond. Won’t happen though.

DM_7 wrote: »
    When Jose needed a striker, United moved on Rooney and bought Lukaku for 80 odd million. Before, when in need of a forward and creative player in came Zlatan and Mkhitaryan. When Miki was out if favour out he went and in cMe Sanchez. When he needed a midfield player they spent 90 odd on Pogba. When he needed another they splashed out on Matic. Another, here is Fred. Why is only the last window under consideration?

This summer, three summers in, instead of a team scenario where adding Fred and Dalot is good squad building we have Jose looking to replace players bought for him.

Is it at all possoble they were left asking WTF is going on rather than a lack of ambition? Is it logical to keep spending without expectation of a return?

One of the reasons United didn't spend 200 million this summer might be something also to do with the cash they spent in previous windows. It is not a bottomless pit of cash.

There was a time we looked down on clubs like Leeds for over committing for short term gain or oil funded clubs for spending gross sums. Now it is flat out lack of ambition to not allow others actions lead the clubs in the short term?

I was as frustrated as anyone when the summer went the way it did, but now when I see a cm in defence with Bailly on the bench or Lindelof any week I understand why they were slow to really spend big on more defenders.

Jose needed to get it all them players as the squad has a mess before he took over, you could argue it's not much better now but money needed to be spent due to careless way it was let degrade over the years through poor planning and poor purchases.

Even with all the money he has spent he hasn't even gotten around to signing a rw or a senior rb all the while the team's we are competing with are putting the finishing touches to their squads.

Managers get transfers wrong it happens but if mistakes have been made it's foolish to continue on, you need to fix them if you want to move forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Any white smoke?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Their defence was an issue? Broke the record fee for a defender. Keeper was an issue, despite the fact it was one Klopp bought? Broke the record for a keeper. Needed to deepen the squad with serious talent? Fabinho and Shaqiri in.

Not aiming this specifically at you Lord but I remember when it turned out Shaqiri was available and the majority of people here didn't want anything to do with him.

Gas now a couple of weeks gone by and he's considered a serious talent :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11514051/luke-shaw-defends-jose-mourinho-after-awful-west-ham-defeat

One of the few players to actually show some character and take some responsibility throughout this. Shaw is slowly becoming one of the most admirable players in that squad .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭secman

Pool board has full faith and belief in Klopp and therefore backed him.
    Our board obviously does not have full faith and belief in Mourinho ... so didn't back him.. he is now showing signs that he wants out with a big pay off, with the weird selections and set ups in recent matches.
    End is nigh .. but no surprise there at how it's ending. Just hope it doesn't linger and fester for much longer, board needs to react and make a decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Not aiming this specifically at you Lord but I remember when it turned out Shaqiri was available and the majority of people here didn't want anything to do with him.

Who said they didn’t want him and now thinks he’s a serious talent?
    From what I remember, most people accepted he was a decent squad option but we were in the market for a first 11 player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Drumpot wrote: »
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11514051/luke-shaw-defends-jose-mourinho-after-awful-west-ham-defeat

One of the few players to actually show some character and take some responsibility throughout this. Shaw is slowly becoming one of the most admirable players in that squad .

Really admire how he conducted himself through what must have been a difficult time for him, could easily have gone off the rails but knuckled down and got on with it. I have him in my FF team and am loathe to drop him despite y'er current woes.

People can argue José wasn't backed enough for a title challenge but I don't see how anyone can try shift blame away from him.

We needed to bring in some more players, and the board didn't make it happen, blame lies on them for that. However like others have pointed out the fact that very few of the actual transfers they have approved for José have been a success I can understand to a degree the hesitation.

The players putting in shocking performances need to carry the blame too, obviously. But José being manager will ultimately shoulder most of the blame. It's normal for a manager, it's part of their responsibility. I understand he is very popular with a lot but claims he is being used as a scapegoat and such are ridiculous in my eyes.

We can argue about how much the board needed to back him regarding a title challenge but can anyone claim that current squad shouldn't be capable of doing better? It's definitely not a 10th place team.

Obviously there is blame to go around but the team isn't performing, our organisation and prepation looks poor, and very few if any of the 10 players brought in can be considered successes. The manager holds a lot of the blame, the buck stops here and all that.

Now personally I don't want us to sack José yet, I want to see if he can turn this around, but so many people defend him stubbornly here at times and accuse others who criticise him as hating him. When you have brought in players who haven't been successful, are the person in charge of organising the coaching staff and training, and selecting the team and tactics for games, and we still underperform how can you escape criticism.

Who said they didn’t want him and now thinks he’s a serious talent?
    From what I remember, most people accepted he was a decent squad option but we were in the market for a first 11 player.

Plenty did, I remember having debates a lot, questions of his talent and character were brought up. Can dig through the dirt later today for quotes if you want.

And just the fact that a post thanked by a lot contained the sentence that he was a serious talent.

As I said just found it a bit gas, I was praying we would sign him during the summer, granted many thought we were brining in the likes of Perisic or someone so argued we didn't need Shaqiri.

• Advertisement

• Drumpot wrote: »

Fair play to Shaw, a player who actually had the balls to come out and show some accountability after the weekends **** show.

Jose needed to get it all them players as the squad has a mess before he took over, you could argue it's not much better now but money needed to be spent due to careless way it was let degrade over the years through poor planning and poor purchases.

Even with all the money he has spent he hasn't even gotten around to signing a rw or a senior rb all the while the team's we are competing with are putting the finishing touches to their squads.

Managers get transfers wrong it happens but if mistakes have been made it's foolish to continue on, you need to fix them if you want to move forward.

Yes he needed them, my post was in reference to what Jose got v another side who also needed to buy players. It is not a case of looking at one summer.

Jose getting it wrong on the back of LVG and Moyes must have set off alarm bells. They can't continue getting it wrong. It appears logical to stall, not stop (Fred and Dalot) but stall while they put in place strucutures to make sure future wondows of significant spends are smarter.

Can't continue with buying players and needing to sell the same people in a short time (Di Maria, Morgan, Memphis, Miki now Bailly or Lindelof).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

DM_7 wrote: »
    Yes he needed them, my post was in reference to what Jose got v another side who also needed to buy players. It is not a case of looking at one summer.

Jose getting it wrong on the back of LVG and Moyes must have set off alarm bells. They can't continue getting it wrong. It appears logical to stall, not stop (Fred and Dalot) but stall while they put in place strucutures to make sure future wondows of significant spends are smarter.

Can't continue with buying players and needing to sell the same people in a short time (Di Maria, Morgan, Memphis, Miki now Bailly or Lindelof).

Is it not one of Jose's job's as manager to identify who to sign? If the club feel he can't perform a key part of his job why keep him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Who said that? Still wouldn't want him. He still wouldn't be an upgrade on the options currently available.

Sure feck even his own manager who loves everybody humiliated and showed him up in public no less, didn't even wait to get him back to the dressing room. Ate the bollix out of him on the pitch for all the world to see.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

People can argue José wasn't backed enough for a title challenge but I don't see how anyone can try shift blame away from him.

We needed to bring in some more players, and the board didn't make it happen, blame lies on them for that. However like others have pointed out the fact that very few of the actual transfers they have approved for José have been a success I can understand to a degree the hesitation.

The players putting in shocking performances need to carry the blame too, obviously. But José being manager will ultimately shoulder most of the blame. It's normal for a manager, it's part of their responsibility. I understand he is very popular with a lot but claims he is being used as a scapegoat and such are ridiculous in my eyes.

We can argue about how much the board needed to back him regarding a title challenge but can anyone claim that current squad shouldn't be capable of doing better? It's definitely not a 10th place team.

Obviously there is blame to go around but the team isn't performing, our organisation and prepation looks poor, and very few if any of the 10 players brought in can be considered successes. The manager holds a lot of the blame, the buck stops here and all that.

Now personally I don't want us to sack José yet, I want to see if he can turn this around, but so many people defend him stubbornly here at times and accuse others who criticise him as hating him. When you have brought in players who haven't been successful, are the person in charge of organising the coaching staff and training, and selecting the team and tactics for games, and we still underperform how can you escape criticism.

There seem to be some people feel Jose is the whole problem and that’s it. That this 3rd season syndrome has come to pass cause that’s the Jose way. Anybody who thinks that are incorrect. Jose has made mistakes and is in the thick of the issues but I think the club has played as much if not more then it’s fair share of the issue.

I don’t know why he’s attacking Sanchez or Pogba but i haven’t seen either of them put in the levels of performances I would expect from them both. I haven’t actually heard a credible person give definite explanation of why Pogba or Sanchez aren’t performing. We have heard about how Maybe they don’t get on with or like his tactics but there is little objective analysis that clarified exactly why it’s ok to put all responsibility for their form on Jose.

Then there are people who expect Jose to do what they defend Sanchez and Pogba for not doing. Jose gets the club 2nd and wants players to improve the team and build on it, do their jobs!! The club fails on this front. People who don’t like Jose say he has to work with what he has. So why shouldn’t that apply to Players?

There is actually an extra layer/issue to the summers transfer activity. If I am a player and I want to win trophies, how do I feel about the clubs ambitions? I might not like Jose but I know we need strengthening in areas to mount a decent challange. So how happy am I with the clubs ambitions? What do I feel this says about the manager when he’s been so publically asking for new players? This on its own is a massive snub from the club that undermined Jose and any player who had ambitions to win things this season.

The club undermines the manager and says to the rest of the squad “keep up the good work and see if you can do better”. That’s inexcusable and the root cause of this seasons problems. You can argue Jose has g responded well but the club has led us down this path.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,273 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

secman wrote: »
    Pool board has full faith and belief in Klopp and therefore backed him.
    Our board obviously does not have full faith and belief in Mourinho ... so didn't back him.. he is now showing signs that he wants out with a big pay off, with the weird selections and set ups in recent matches.
    End is nigh .. but no surprise there at how it's ending. Just hope it doesn't linger and fester for much longer, board needs to react and make a decision.

Which is why they should have either backed or sacked him. The dogs in the street knew this current situation would happen if they didn't back him. Instead the board willfully decided to write off a full season.

Jose will get himself sacked, but nothing is going to change at the club, no matter who the manager is, while the current structures are in place above the manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/1046651861015678976

The Telegraph:

"Zidane in pole position to take over from Jose"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Telegraph been pushing that since Saturday

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Pragmatic to Pragmatic. Makes sense :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Backed or not backed, joses last 3 games for united, wolves, derby, west ham and couldnt beat any of them.

Tactics v west ham were laughable

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement