Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018/2019 [Mod note 31-Aug-18]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Valencia is a liability
    Drumpot wrote: »
    Valencia look dangerous every time they attack.

xsAoS1aOKr1R.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I think Smallings hair is fairly cool to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

dulux99 wrote: »
    I think Smallings hair is fairly cool to be honest.

VictoriousEachCod-small.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

Everything is just so one-paced. No cohesion in the build-up play at all.

Rashford needs to work on his decision making and temprement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

J. Marston wrote: »
    We'll probably get a €100k fine for delaying the match for 5 minutes.

or as sanchez calls it, loose change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Feels like they need a goal to get some confidence

Thats a joke from bailly an absolute joke

thats exactly what im talking about lukakus box movement....

pogba has the ball wide, lukaku standing in the box behind his man, should be sprinting towards the front post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

We are no way in control of this game. It’s wide open and there’s an air of panic about the whole thing. Doesn’t bode well. If they score we could fall apart.

Thats a joke from bailly an absolute joke

Cat. He needs a serious was footing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Bailly get up ffs

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Lol wtf did Bailly just do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Double embarrassment for Eric!

He's a walking hospital

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Valencia literally couldn't shoot with a massive boot on their foot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Valencia is reaching Gary Neville levels of liability. Close to finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Bullet to the windpipe from a Sniper in the crowd

Juve gonna hockey this defense.

Juve gonna hockey this defense.

Ronaldo v Valencia, Smalling and Bailly :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Highlight of the half was Lukaku's Heskey impression.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Highlight of the half was Lukaku's Heskey impression.

been a poor half for him so far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

United are like a team who don't have much hope in themselves playing a brand of hopeful football. Hope that makes sense.

It's been really poor stuff so far

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Put fred on the pitch please

Compared to the west ham game this is the best game ive ever seen

great run from Pogba, ref should have let play go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Valencia won’t last the game with 11. 3 on yellow already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Ref. Not helping, he’s let a lot go as in needs to deter these dirty cynical Valencia tactics with some more cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

1 shot on target in 45 minutes sums it up really.

• Advertisement

Pogba has dropped deep a fair bit trying to get into the game and make things happen.

Does anybody else think Jose looks a broken man going through the motions?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Strumms wrote: »
    Ref. Not helping, he’s let a lot go as in needs to deter these dirty cynical Valencia tactics with some more cards.

The only Valencia to have gotten away with a card in that half is Antonio.

Last third we are poor, far to slow, one dimensional and predictable. Lukaku looking a bit like a ferry in a catamaran race.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I'm clearly on my own here based off the other posts but it's not as doom and gloom as I expected.

Yeah hasn't been great in terms of product on the field but at least it looks like the players are trying to put in some effort. Or at least in my eyes.

Main thing for me is how the team would react with all the media and talk of Jose losing them. Trying to put in the effort for me is a good sign.

Again just my take and others clearly don't agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

We've been utter w again. Aside from the very very rare glimmer of individual quality we have been appalling.

This team is truly fcuked and massive changes need to happen very quickly. Sacking Jose is not going to magically fix some of this squad. There are players on that pitch that should be ashamed of themselves and they are not fit to wear that jersey.

No more posting for me tonight now.

Strumms wrote: »
    Last third we are poor, far to slow, one dimensional and predictable. Lukaku looking a bit like a ferry in a catamaran race.

Harsh on Rom. He is constantly drifting out to the wings to try and make something happen as we are rudderless. Shocking to say he is the best crosser of the ball for us.

elefant wrote: »
    The only Valencia to have gotten away with a card in that half is Antonio.

Guedes too and others borderline

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I'm clearly on my own here based off the other posts but it's not as doom and gloom as I expected.

Yeah hasn't been great in terms of product on the field but at least it looks like the players are trying to put in some effort. Or at least in my eyes.

Main thing for me is how the team would react with all the media and talk of Jose losing them. Trying to put in the effort for me is a good sign.

Again just my take and others clearly don't agree.

Putting in an effort is the absolute minimum that's required of them. But you can put in an effort and still be sh1te.

Mind numbing stuff. Just so boring. Sloppy, no cohesion, unimaginative, and dull. We used to be amazing to watch, not that long ago. I miss the real MUFC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Only saw last ten mins of first half,in the space of that and injury time Utd didn’t manage one cohesive attack.Bailly hoofed a ball up into the clouds,Sanchez got the ball and lost it in seconds.....pretty much your average Utd performance this season!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

havent read whole thread so sorry if already said, but right before that rashford header from alexis cross, valencia had so much space to run into behind the defence and just stood there doing nothing, honestly everytime i see he has the ball at his feet and does that little dance thing while the mouse on the wheel in his head decides what to do, makes me want to take a screwdriver to my eyes.

Harsh on Rom. He is constantly drifting out to the wings to try and make something happen as we are rudderless. Shocking to say he is the best crosser of the ball for us.

Not the effort I’d be critical of at all, and he is very isolated due to the tactics employed.

• chips1234 wrote: »
    havent read whole thread so sorry if already said, but right before that rashford header from alexis cross, valencia had so much space to run into behind the defence and just stood there doing nothing, honestly everytime i see he has the ball at his feet and does that little dance thing while the mouse on the wheel in his head decides what to do, makes me want to take a screwdriver to my eyes.

He's another spoofer in the squad full off them.
    Shocking and that's not surprising. He's bee doing it for 3 years+ and steadily getting worse

Big fan of Lukaku but I dunno what's been up with him this season ya he's got couple goals but he hasn't seemed himself.

At the world cup at times he looked so menacing and showed real determination and leadership but he seems a bit lost at the minute.

At you can't just hide it when your his size! You end up looking a bit Heskey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Commentator said it's like each section of the team is playing their own game the crowd seems to be a bit cliquey too different sections singing on their own.

WE NEED UNITY in the second half

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

God this is a boring match.

Watching Utd this season has been a choir. Im watching out of duty more than actually enjoying it. Its a sad state of affairs.

Big fan of Lukaku but I dunno what's been up with him this season ya he's got couple goals but he hasn't seemed himself.

At the world cup at times he looked so menacing and showed real determination and leadership but he seems a bit lost at the minute.

Maybe it's because the atmosphere around the club is toxic and they're all probably hating playing at the club at the moment. Footballers thrive when they're enjoying their football. Can't imaging too many of them are enjoying this sh*te

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned confidence. Players can’t be skipping onto the pitch at the moment.

I do think Jose looks like he’s gonna have a meltdown!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Valencia can string passes together and look fairly competent.
    Man utd dont. Ive no idea what sanchez is trying to do when he gets the ball other than lose it. Lukaku looks like hes coming back from a years break from football.
    Antonio Valencia is working part time. Bailly is a ****in clown. Smallings brain takes too long to move his feet.

If we concede here its gunna get nasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

This is absolute torture to watch. Compare the style of football with City and Liverpool and it shows how far we are from them. We don't press up enough. Too many mistakes being made. As someone else said the players need to take some of the blame. No heart or desire in their play. Bailly looks shattered in confidence.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement