Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018/2019 [Mod note 31-Aug-18]

1195196197198199201»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Newcastle and Jonjo Shelvey will have their annual outstanding gsmes now at the weekend :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Would love to see Mata starting behind Lukaku with Fred and Pogba behind him. Matic has been a passenger all season

Martial needs to start.

Shaw was great. Bailly did well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

How has nobody on tv spoken of Shaw? Did I watch a different game? He’s a diamond in that rough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Pogba gets way too frustrated, when the ref blew the whistle just as Pogba was about to sprint off with the ball he did an epic Pele kick off the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

nullzero wrote: »
    Neither were brilliant, Pogba just looked less composed and over all off the pace. He won a couple of free kicks in positions where he should have carried the ball but looked happy enough to be taken down.
    Matic seemed to be able to create a little more space for himself and hold the ball a bit better.

That's fair enough but just felt Matic was doing so in different situations and parts of the attack.

Pogba was providing glimpses of good link up play and passes, but as always it's a problem of consistency. To say he is absolutely terrible I don't agree with.

Don't think any player was brilliant but I'd have rated Pogba in the upper half more so than being the worse.

Thought Shaw looked good again, probably our best. He too had mistakes as well mind you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

So I missed the game, did we give the fighting performance busting a gut to every ball or a pile of ****?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

At the end of the day, the most important objective for this team now is to finish top 4.

From the view of the board, what other choices are there to achieve this apart from Mourinho? There's no outstanding candidate for the role, I think Jardim would be the man for the job but unlikely he would leave the team he built at Monaco mid season. I don't think Zidane would want another job with the same media focus as the Madrid job gets and arguably he's still a big risk if he did want it.

Realistically the team is going through a very poor run of form but from the boards perspective at the moment I would consider it less risky to give Mourinho more time after only 6 games than to hand the reins to Carrick or whomever to give their best shot. It's too early in the season to pull the trigger and hand to an interim manager, there needs to be a real long term candidate chosen and it doesn't look like there is one at the minute.

From an Arsenal fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

bangkok wrote: »
    "Pogba was absolutely terrible tonight"

that is bullsh1t of the highest order, did you even look at the game?!

He was terrible by the standards of a top professional.

Glazers Out!

°°°°°

ShaneU wrote: »
    Would love to see Mata starting behind Lukaku with Fred and Pogba behind him. Matic has been a passenger all season

Martial needs to start.

Shaw was great. Bailly did well

Martial started on Saturday, just putting it out there...

Glazers Out!

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    So I missed the game, did we give the fighting performance busting a gut to every ball or a pile of ****?

Imo every tried, which was good to see

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

Adamocovic wrote: »
    That's fair enough but just felt Matic was doing so in different situations and parts of the attack.

Pogba was providing glimpses of good link up play and passes, but as always it's a problem of consistency. To say he is absolutely terrible I don't agree with.

Don't think any player was brilliant but I'd have rated Pogba in the upper half more so than being the worse.

Thought Shaw looked good again, probably our best. He too had mistakes as well mind you.

Pogba looks well off the pace, he hasn't been injured and hasn't been running himself into the ground. I felt for a player of his ability his performance tonight wasn't good enough.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

mourinho is done imo. just going though the motions. 1 sub tonight when they needed a spark. hopefully get a new manager after the newcastle game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Don't think the team are playing for their manager

"I'm surprised that he survived after Saturday" "I think he's embarrassing the club." Paul Scholes is pulling no punches tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Shīt, boards is gonna explode...

Probably for the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

10,016 boom.

Giggsy in

Lets get this to 20000

Wegner in

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Long live Phil Jones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Ed luvz Mino 4eva 2k18

We're going to win a game, we're going to win a game

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Long live Phil Jones

Phone Jones career is like this thread...

You want it gone but it just keeps hanging in there to the bitter end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

We need an overhaul. Every other top club in the world has a director of football, we should have one and leave the manager manage. It's too much for one man to do everything in this day and age. Football has moved on.

dulux99 wrote: »
    We need an overhaul. Every other top club in the world has a director of football, we should have one and leave the manager manage. It's too much for one man to do everything in this day and age. Football has moved on.

That's what we have unofficially!! Jose has **** all to do apart from manage the problem is our dof has no idea to lay out a plan for a football club to grow on the pitch with an identity.

dulux99 wrote: »

We need mourinho out of the club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

'We don't have the technical quality to build from the back.'

Mourinho in his press conference. And whose fault is that? He's had ample opportunity to sort that out if he wanted to.

So if we do get a new manager in do they get money in January

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

So if we do get a new manager in do they get money in January

I’d be very doubtful Jose will be gone before then.
    This is Man Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

This team needs a right back and a central midfielder. Don't need another 200 million to fix this, just two players and a new manager.

Jose is picking the wrong team. The wrong formation and the wrong players. He needs to go at this stage. He isn't going to turn it around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

beakerjoe wrote: »
    God this is a boring match.

Watching Utd this season has been a choir. Im watching out of duty more than actually enjoying it. Its a sad state of affairs.

You can sing it, it’s just getting annoying now, the Alexis pass/cross that went out for a throw was one of several wtf moments this season. I dislike Mourinho but him getting paid €500k per week and to produce that, Christ he should be run out of the club.
    I was 13 when United last got relegated and it was tough and the club was a real mess then but with the right man in charge I.e. the Doc we bounced back, Jose is not the man to do that.

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    I’d be very doubtful Jose will be gone before then.
    This is Man Utd.

Maybe im getting caught up in the hype but it really feels like thevend is near

Kirby wrote: »
    This team needs a right back and a central midfielder. Don't need another 200 million to fix this, just two players and a new manager.

Jose is picking the wrong team. The wrong formation and the wrong players. He needs to go at this stage. He isn't going to turn it around.

What formation you thinking we need a right side attacking player if we playing 4 at the back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

'We don't have the technical quality to build from the back.'

Mourinho in his press conference. And whose fault is that? He's had ample opportunity to sort that out if he wanted to.
    Everyone else's apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

If a player sums up the Mourinho era, this season and last, it’s Matic. 40m worth of over-rated ordinary rubbish. No coincidence that he was the one wheeled out to a press conference after West Ham. Same again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Spideog Rua

Something something biased moderation

How is boards still running, everything we have been told is a lie.. long live superthreads.. overthrow the mods.. take back the forum!

Make Boards great again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Replace Valencia with Dalot, Fellani with Hererra and Matic with Fred and at least there might be some purpose to our play
    Matic is really offering nothing in the middle of the park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

That might be true if Jose hadn't picked pretty much every possible combination of players at this stage. The deckchairs in that sinking squad have been rearranged more times than the sides of a rubix cube.

Would I be incorrect in saying that United's performances have deteriorated markedly since the point last season when Jose gave into the cries for three in midfield, and regularly started playing three in midfield? As opposed to just Matic and Pogba there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

kstand wrote: »
    If a player sums up the Mourinho era, this season and last, it’s Matic. 40m worth of over-rated ordinary rubbish. No coincidence that he was the one wheeled out to a press conference after West Ham. Same again tonight.

Totally agree with this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Maybe im getting caught up in the hype but it really feels like thevend is near

Oh it is but there’s no modern club that can drag this out like Utd.

The ramifications for the board when he does go will be or at least should be quite big. I’m sure Woodward is hesitant to go back to the Glazers and tell them he has sacked his third manager in 6 years.

• Advertisement

That might be true if Jose hadn't picked pretty much every possible combination of players at this stage. The deckchairs in that sinking squad have been rearranged more times than the sides of a rubix cube.

Would I be incorrect in saying that United's performances have deteriorated markedly since the point last season when Jose gave into the cries for three in midfield, and regularly started playing three in midfield? As opposed to just Matic and Pogba there?

That's actually a great point that will he lost to the end of this thread.. be sure to post it again in the new one as it's a proper topic to debate..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Fck! Fck! Fck! Threads's reached capactity! It's gonna explode. The hamsters! Shttt! Somebody get them out of there!

Thread is closed.
    Thanks to all for contributing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement