Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018/2019 [Mod note 31-Aug-18]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Yep, if only woody could capitalise.

Pogba

Lukaku

Fred

Matic

Bailly

Sanchez

Lindelof

Dalot

Ibrahimovic

Di maria

Falcao

Herrera

Mata

Mkhitarayan

Yea whats he doing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

bangkok wrote: »

Yea whats he doing
    Not giving his manager what he feels is needed to win the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

It's funny to see people losing their sense because couple of players are not signed, and start to post random bs.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    It's funny to see people losing their sense because couple of players are not signed, and start to post random bs.

Yeah, like bloody women, eh? Amirite? Must be on their periods? Eh?

Totally unreasonable to criticise a club for not showing the ambition to win a title. As long as we have highly paid players who might some day come good, and sponsors providing cash for the owners, that's all we can ask for. Screw looking at the weaknesses of the team and wanting them to be resolved.

Only women on their periods would be like that, eh!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Things seen crazier than usual. Mestrual cycles appear to be one of todays topics.

Not giving his manager what he feels is needed to win the title.

He has given him almost everything he has wanted since he joined.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

pjohnson wrote: »
    Things seen crazier than usual. Mestrual cycles appear to be one of todays topics.

Sometimes get tempted to start a "Man United Positivity Train Superthread" :pac:

In your opinion.

In my opinion, full back positions and the wing indicate that is not true.

Totally unreasonable to criticise a club for not showing the ambition to win a title. As long as we have highly paid players who might some day come good, and sponsors providing cash for the owners, that's all we can ask for. Screw looking at the weaknesses of the team and wanting them to be resolved.

Calm the **** down with your faux outrage.

ManUtd not signing players has nothing to do with signing more sponsorship deals. How hard is that to understand? Who is stopping you from bitching about transfers?

In your opinion.

In my opinion, full back positions and the wing indicate that is not true.

But jose's opinion is the one that matters most.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I didn't know you were of the fairer sex Mitch.

Have you met Brinty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

No it's not. It's only a worry if you believe every bit of bull**** on Twitter

Some of the more credible journalists are going with the story of Pogba hasn't asked for a payrise and the club insist he's going nowhere despite all the stories going around.
    It looks to me like someone at OT briefed them.

Leicester are signing a new CB today.......a replacement for Maguire?????

But jose's opinion is the one that matters most.

And imo Jose wanted 5 players this summer and in terms of the first team has got two. And he wanted full backs last summer and was told the budget was t there for it.

Have you met Brinty?

I'm not. But using being in a period as an implication of being irrational is sexist. Don't need to be female to see that.

ManUtd not signing players has nothing to do with signing more sponsorship deals. How hard is that to understand? Who is stopping you from bitching about transfers?

If Woodward is involved in sealing commercial deals then in the last week of the transfer window such deals would be a time distraction. Getting two done this week points to split attention while failing to get player deals over the line.

If Woodward is involved in sealing commercial deals then in the last week of the transfer window such deals would be a time distraction. Getting two done this week points to split attention while failing to get player deals over the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Sometimes get tempted to start a "Man United Positivity Train Superthread" :pac:

Probably wouldn't be to many posts over there this weather.

It's not as if Woodward will be working 24/7 on transfers. There are people who negotiates, Woodward doesn't and it's well reported by number of journalists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

What a great example of how Stats can be used to project whatever narrative suits you.

An actual valid analysis would be to see how many unsuccessful touches per game each had relative to their total number of touches.

If Lukaku has 2.2 unsuccessful touches out of 10 attempts that gives him a 22% failure rate whereas if Neymar has 3.4 unsuccessful touches out of 50 attempts (given he runs with and dribbles the ball a lot) his failure rate would only be 7%.

In isolation the unsuccessful touch figures are Fake News ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭thetimeisnow

Woodword and the Glaziers are a ****ing stain on our great club, all they care about is business. Finishing in the top 4 is good enough because it generates profits, the extra cash we might get by winning the PL or CL is offset by the cash they would have to invest to make us competitive enough to have a chance of doing it and since there are no guarantees they wont bother . Jose gives them the best chance of finishing in the Top 4 because of his pragmatic style. Id love to wake some morning to hear they have all been killed in a plane crash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

Woodword and the Glaziers are a ****ing stain on our great club, all they care about is business. Finishing in the top 4 is good enough because it generates profits, the extra cash we might get by winning the PL or CL is offset by the cash they would have to invest to make us competitive enough to have a chance of doing it and since there are no guarantees they wont bother . Jose gives them the best chance of finishing in the Top 4 because of his pragmatic style. Id love to wake some morning to hear they have all been killed in a plane crash

e31.jpg

How long does it take to negotiate these deals? It's not as if Ed decided the other morning to ring Chivas and have a chat about sponsorship, this deal was probably done ages ago but only announced this morning.
    People might whinge about priorities but without these deals,the club wouldn't be in such a healthy financial position.
    Regards players, there's a type that Jose likes and that's not exactly a comprehensive list. The club isn't signing players just for the sake of it or to keep some fella in Ireland happy.
    Any right winger mentioned isn't "a Jose player",yes I'm annoyed at the prospect of Valencia dancing over the ball next season but the player I'd have liked to see there wanted City. It's not as if the club can kidnap players.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Jesus ****ing Christ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

Are you of the opinion that the board should stop backing Jose in the transfer market at this point?

They needed to either back him or sack him this Summer, if no new signing arrive they have done neither, and the club will be the worse for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

The transfer window has been a bust, not done enough to have a proper title challenge. This is what we all want right? A title challenge, I have no fears of dropping out of top 4 or anything else that I would consider "end of the world stuff brother" but it is very disappointing to not capitalise on the best finish we have had in years.

Even getting players in on deadline day or whatever if it happens doesn't actually save the window as those players have not had a pre season to blend in with the squad (Dalot is in this category also) we needed to hit the ground running to seriously put it up to City and I can't see any way that happens now over the first few games, exasperated by the WC guys also not having much a pre season, but they have been playing a lot so shouldn't be as much of an issue.

Anyway, Pogba to have a good season and United to show they are still the second best team in the league is my feeling. Hopefully the style is pleasing as that will soften the blow of no progress for the first time under Jose and pacify those who want him gone going on what they prioritise.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Even getting players in on deadline day or whatever if it happens doesn't actually save the window as those players have not had a pre season to blend in with the squad

Agree with the rest of your post, but would add that Toby, for example, presumably wouldn't have joined up till now either way, right? I'm presuming that given Lukaku and Fellaini only seem back now. Same with Maguire, who I think Leicester have said will be missing for them tomorrow.

Agree with the rest of your post, but would add that Toby, for example, presumably wouldn't have joined up till now either way, right? I'm presuming that given Lukaku and Fellaini only seem back now. Same with Maguire, who I think Leicester have said will be missing for them tomorrow.

Yeah signing Toby wouldn't have changed much as he just joined the training. Same if we sign Perisic also, or like you said Maguire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Badly needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

And imo Jose wanted 5 players this summer and in terms of the first team has got two. And he wanted full backs last summer and was told the budget was t there for it.

If inflation is included then none of the Glazers signings or transfer spend is impressive on any level in comparison to the clubs ambitions pre Glazer.

United Signed Rio Ferdinand for £30mil back in 2001. Since then club value and tv money has gone up over 5 times that figure. Uniteds most expensive signing has gone up 3 times that initial figure. Conservatively you could say that Rio would cost in the modern day £130-£150mil, about the same as it might cost to buy Varane. The season before they bought Rio, the club spent nearly £50mil on Ruud and Veron which would take that summers spend to over £250mil on two players.

The clubs on field ambitions haven't matched those of the 90s early 00s since the Glazers took over but that's to be expected. As soon as people focusing purely on profit took over it was never going to be the same. Had SAF retired in 07/08 the club would of collapsed under debt but history shows that Ferguson was able to do work his magic even in circumstances like selling Ronaldo and buying Valencia. The success on the field allowed the Glazers to hide in the backround while taking massive funds out of the club.

Woodward works for the Glazers, not for the Man United fans So the main question is what is his motive ? Who is Woodward trying to please , the owners or the fans ? Why should the Glazers care about on field top honours ? What evidence over the last 5 years suggests its imperative for league/champions league success for the club to grow in value ? They only need win the odd league/champions league and keep United in the hunt for trophies .

Why do United fans even care about getting "value for money" on a signing ? I don't care what it costs for united to get a managers target. The club supposedly is the most valuable in the world so its going to have to pay more for players. That's just the way it is so I don't understand why people buy the "yeh Woody needs to negotiate better deals" narrative. Its not a secret that United has a lot of money, every other club knows Uniteds value. The club is worth over £3billion and is worth more then any club in the world and yet its fans somehow convinced themselves that they need to be frugal when buying players?

Get the players the manager needs and move on. Woodward isn't levy and shouldn't be hamstrung financially like a smaller club if the on field ambitions truly are to be as big on the pitch as the club is off it.

• Advertisement

****ing hell, same **** different day. It's like it's saved in notepad and every day it is copy pasted.

****ing hell, same **** different day. It's like it's saved in notepad and every day it is copy pasted.

Ha, its like you are waiting around for me to post . .

Why do you care ? What's wrong with pointing out the motives of the owners ? Do you not think this does have relevance to the state of the club or are the owners just passive observers with no control over the club ?

Drumpot wrote: »
    Ha, its like you are waiting around for me to post . .

Why do you care ? What's wrong with pointing out the motives of the owners ? Do you not think this does have relevance to the state of the club or are the owners just passive observers with no control over the club >

I care because I have to scroll down a lot to bypass your posts and tbh I don't read any of your posts except fist line as it's obvious what will follow next.

Everything is assumptions and bs theories, like how Jose is given players to work with, none of the players are his signings and all that.

Good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

A plane crash you say?

I care because I have to scroll down a lot to bypass your posts and tbh I don't read any of your posts except fist line as it's obvious what will follow next.

Everything is assumptions and bs theories, like how Jose is given players to work with, none of the players are his signings and all that.

Good day.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

:pac: Jesus lad, hate to know how you feel about someone actually impacting your life. Its a game, take a breath.

1496072158977.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Reality is though, you have to back Jose or sack him otherwise he will turn the atmosphere toxic. He has no interest in playing no.2 to City and Pep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Have you met Brinty?

oh wow... so we now know we have four female posters on the group

Mars Bar
    Cookie Dough
    FutureGirl and
    Mitch Connor...

Founding out Mitch is a female is like a new signing to me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

My thoughts exactly. A solid month at this stage of the same post over and over again.

• Advertisement

I thought this new thread was meant to be a new start with a bit of positivity.... only a day old and already decended into chaos.....

Imagine we dont win on friday!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

MODs Ban this clown!!!

No self respecting United fan would every make a comment like you have regarding people being killed in a plane crash.

Cop on you fool, I get you are frustrated with the club ownership, many of us are, but there is no need for a comment like that.

tumblr_inline_p7g4zkbq2M1swbjri_540.gif

Hopefully we appoint DoF, way too many signings are needed whenever manager is sacked. We changed almost entire 11 for Van Gaal, now we did it for Jose.

Also it's about time we appoint football men between Woodward and manager. Woodward is just a money man, need someone who has good network and signs players as per coach's request.

tumblr_inline_p7g4zkbq2M1swbjri_540.gif

s41Uv.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

28 hours left before the window closes, I'd say we are done for this window

Hococop wrote: »
    28 hours left before the window closes, I'd say we are done for this window

Nonsense. In 4 hours Woody will bust out an 80m bid for Maguire to save the season.

We've been here before with Moyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Lets all be honest with ourselves, who can say they are happy with this Transfer window?

Absolutely shocking from United who seem to be more interested in signing new sponsorship deals to guarantee money flowing into the club rather than actually spending money on players to win leagues and cups, which btw will be bring in additional income seen as that's what they are after.

Everyone knows we have needed a CB or even 2, a CM and a striker/winger.

What have we signed so far, a young full back and a goalkeeper :rolleyes: Oh and Fred :D

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    s41Uv.gif

HUFE.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement