Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018/2019 [Mod note 31-Aug-18]

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyway...

[Alasdair Gold - Tier 2 Tottenham] Spurs expected to make late move for Martial amidst United Alderweireld interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I rarely post here especially as it often resembles a playground with some of the name calling and I don't have the will or the time to get involved in that sh1te. But I'm old enough to very clearly remember the early Fergie days and all I can say is there are some very spoiled children around...

Anyway for what it's worth I have a lot of respect for Mourinho and what he has achieved on the pitch over the years. But the man is toxic and I can only see all of this ending in tears. I'm very aware that the club has 'progressed' in terms of league finish last season but it's very difficult to get behind a man who undermines his players in public the way he has. Mourinho has sucked the life out of this great club and every time United lose a game the pressure will increase tenfold. Should Liverpool prove to be City's main challengers I think this will prove too much for most fans.

I honestly hope he proves me wrong and I'll hold my hands up if he does. Maybe it's all much more relaxed at the club that it appears to be. But all the evidence is pointing to a major meltdown over the next few weeks or months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

My thoughts exactly. A solid month at this stage of the same post over and over again.

Has it been a month ? I thought it was longer to be honest . .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Anyway...

[Alasdair Gold - Tier 2 Tottenham] Spurs expected to make late move for Martial amidst United Alderweireld interest.
    [Stone] My understanding Paul Pogba has not been asking for more money from @ManUtd on the back of Alexis Sanchez. Club stance remains as it was, no intention of selling. (Tier 1 on r/reddevils)

Tier 1, Tier 2. Whats that all about then ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

pjohnson wrote: »
    s41Uv.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=4945989

• Advertisement

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Tier 1, Tier 2. Whats that all about then ?

Tier system on Reddit, tier 0 is clubs official, tier 1 is reliable, and so on down to tier indykalia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

astradave wrote: »
    tenor.gif?itemid=4945989

tumblr_o67unf21ec1rvawzlo3_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Woodword and the Glaziers are a ****ing stain on our great club, all they care about is business. Finishing in the top 4 is good enough because it generates profits, the extra cash we might get by winning the PL or CL is offset by the cash they would have to invest to make us competitive enough to have a chance of doing it and since there are no guarantees they wont bother . Jose gives them the best chance of finishing in the Top 4 because of his pragmatic style. Id love to wake some morning to hear they have all been killed in a plane crash

Should really be a lol option on boards

Tell us how you really feel

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Might avoid relegation if we are very lucky.

Just wait for the sky to fall in on United on Friday, maybe only a 2-0 win, rather than a 4-0 win.

10b.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Anyway...

Loan swaps all round.

Giggsy11 wrote: »

Look at United spending £15mil less on two defenders that Liverpool spent on one player in the same position . .

The cost of Mina prohibitive ? As in the club cant afford it ?

If that tweet is to be believed, maybe we should have a whip around since the club is apparently struggling to find the funds to get in top players/targets ?

Stone continues

Re signings. United have the money. As I understand it, they don't want to be drawn into paying big transfer and agents fees for players who are no better than the ones they have.

Stone continues

Re signings. United have the money. As I understand it, they don't want to be drawn into paying big transfer and agents fees for players who are no better than the ones they have.

Think Simon stone knows something here

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1027155070113251328

Think Simon stone knows something here

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1027155070113251328

29 isn’t bleedin the end, it’s exactly what we need, an older head in defence. Getting 3-4 good years out of Alderweirald is worth 60m easily..

Stupid that the club won’t allow Jose to bring in much needed experience, it was probably the same with Willian, and Perisic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Tier system on Reddit, tier 0 is clubs official, tier 1 is reliable, and so on down to tier indykalia

Came across him on twitter the other day, can't believe he's still at it :pac:

tenor.gif?itemid=7858870

• Advertisement

Came across him on twitter the other day, can't believe he's still at it :pac:

Has a website and a huge following too.. he does be going mad at Journos for not crediting him with breaking news if they report something that he has done previously, he throws so much shît at the wall some of it will eventually stick :D I follow him for the replies he gets on some of the posts, pure entertainment plus so many gullible people. One of the lads posted in the WhatsApp group seriously linking him and we threw him out of the group :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Maybe I'm just being curmudgeonly, but am I the only that find's it a bit tiresome seeing it copied over to here?

I mean I think most people have an idea of what sources are just making stuff up and which ones occasionally get stuff right. Not to mention the fact that there isn't the same posting format here as Reddit where you'd have to click into a thread to see if it was BS or not, nor is there the same footfall here that's likely to post random news anyway.

I still think we'll panic buy Maguire. Leicester closing in on Soyuncu for £20m. They just signed Evans to partner Maguire so if they are after another they must expect Maguire to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Better pinch those pennies Woodward, gonna need them when we finish 5th

29 isn’t bleedin the end, it’s exactly what we need, an older head in defence. Getting 3-4 good years out of Alderweirald is worth 60m easily..

Stupid that the club won’t allow Jose to bring in much needed experience, it was probably the same with Willian, and Perisic.

Bit of a joke if we're only willing to sign players based on resale value. May as well just resign ourselves to taking our place as a feeder club in that case.

Only 28 hours to go

frustrated.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Roll on the 19/20 season :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Stone continues

How about going for players that are better than what they have?

• Advertisement

Better pinch those pennies Woodward, gonna need them when we finish 5th

Like...I fully get us eventually wanting to destroy the narrative that we overspend on everything. Clubs see us coming and jack up prices, and from a business perspective, I fully get why they'd want to cut that out.

But from a fan perspective, it was utterly the wrong year to do it, and probably the wrong manager to have as well. Everyone knew Jose's transfer policies would be short term, older but efficient now players. And the board seem to have shifted this summer away from that mindset, without also looking for a more efficent manager to help carry out that plan.

Its the sort of thing you can do when you're already established as a top team. Not what you do when you're trying to reassert dominance and are still a way off....

TitianGerm wrote: »

Thats poor. Hopefully we get another sponsor over the line. Sponsored Shoelaces anyone?

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm just being curmudgeonly, but am I the only that find's it a bit tiresome seeing it copied over to here?

I mean I think most people have an idea of what sources are just making stuff up and which ones occasionally get stuff right. Not to mention the fact that there isn't the same posting format here as Reddit where you'd have to click into a thread to see if it was BS or not, nor is there the same footfall here that's likely to post random news anyway.

Two things (since I'm usually the one to do it....)

1. I tend to just straight copy/paste things. If I'm on mobile, it's quicker and handier to just copy/paste like that. So if the title of threads has "Tier Blah" in it, I tend to just paste that in too.

2. Not everyone knows every journalist, nor the credibility of every paper. Which includes me. I know the United ones, but not a clue about others. So when I see a random guy I don't know posting Spurs news, and Spurs fans say he's Tier X, then I feel it doesn't hurt to facilitate discussion here by offering some sort of context to the quotes.

Thats poor. Hopefully we get another sponsor over the line. Sponsored Shoelaces anyone?

I hear green and gold scarves are in................ :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I think the tier system is great to be honest. When some news breaks from a journalist I wouldn't be familiar with, especially those who deal primarily with other clubs, it's handy to see tier 1 and know it might have some truth to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I really thought United would go String this summer. Thought we'd bring in Sandro, Alderweireld and Fred early, and then see what could be done in attack depending on martial.

But nope.

Incredibly disappointing how united have let the summer go and decide the league title isn't worth it.

Club ambitions nailed this summer, sponsors and top 4, goal beyond that.

Remember, woody did gleefully announce sporting performance has no impact on commercial success

• Advertisement

What about Brawndo the thirst mutilator? Its got what plants crave. .

Jhca6Xb.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,764 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

This should have been the summer that MU build on decent, but largely forgettable, season. Improved on the bad things, made changes in the squad to start to close the gap on City and hold off a strengthening Pool.

But instead we have nothing of note in the transfer market, a manager clearly unhappy with the club, our top player, our marque signing, the player we want to build the team around for 10 years, clearly eyeing a transfer.

Its deeply unsettling. Whether the Pogba story is true or not is not the issue. The fact that it can be accepted is the problem. When stories come out about Messi or Ronaldo, (prior to this year) it was always accepted that it was about them getting more money. But even MU supporters can accept that it is reasonable for Pogba to be thinking this way.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Stone continues

Good policy.

Spending all Summer trying to replace existing players and the manager saying he needs them replaced is a terrible policy.

United should have ended this long ago and worked on using what they have if they were not sure of getting people in.

Huge disconnect betwern team, manager, executives/board.

Terrible management and organisation all round.

I think this will be Jose's last season at ManUtd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Stone continues

But we can do things in the transfer market that others cant... Cant we!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Lol that is all.

Think I'll just rewatch the world cup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Leroy42 wrote: »
    This should have been the summer that MU build on decent, but largely forgettable, season. Improved on the bad things, made changes in the squad to start to close the gap on City and hold off a strengthening Pool.

But instead we have nothing of note in the transfer market, a manager clearly unhappy with the club, our top player, our marque signing, the player we want to build the team around for 10 years, clearly eyeing a transfer.

Its deeply unsettling. Whether the Pogba story is true or not is not the issue. The fact that it can be accepted is the problem. When stories come out about Messi or Ronaldo, (prior to this year) it was always accepted that it was about them getting more money. But even MU supporters can accept that it is reasonable for Pogba to be thinking this way.

At least Ronaldo and Messi were producing the goods for their clubs.

Glazers Out!

We will see lot of leaks in the next few days, with Simon Stone, Ducker, Jamie Jackson reporting club's version and Duncan castle reporting Jose's version.

Yep. The board clearly decided this a few months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

I really thought United would go String this summer. Thought we'd bring in Sandro, Alderweireld and Fred early, and then see what could be done in attack depending on martial.

But nope.

Incredibly disappointing how united have let the summer go and decide the league title isn't worth it.

Remember, woody did gleefully announce sporting performance has no impact on commercial success

Do you ever consider

A) the player doesnt want to join

B) the club dont want to sell the player

Its not just all black and white, we want a player so he should sign early

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

When they gave him a new contract?

Yeah. Especially if Poch is having issues at Spurs.

Stories will write themselves, anyways. Jornos will be thrilled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

But nope.

Why should the club be held accountable because of what you think?

Who told you we where going to sign Sandro? Twitter accounts and red tops?

We came second last year. We have more or less have the same team.

It's your own expectations that have got you disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Following United since was kid but I get very little enjoyment out of supporting this club last few years.

Even if the football was good I'd be happy but no everything is wrong everything is negative.

Football itself has lost a lot of its excitement and joy it's just flash money and business now not about enjoying the actual game anymore.

Ah well least I have Dublin in the gaa!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

How exactly?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement