Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018/2019 [Mod note 31-Aug-18]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

If we brought in SMS I think it is 100% as a replacement for Pogba. Would barca stump up coutinho money, plus, for Pogba though?

SMS, Dembele in with Pogba to barca. Possibly for near zero net?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If we brought in SMS I think it is 100% as a replacement for Pogba. Would barca stump up coutinho money, plus, for Pogba though?

I don't know much about Dembele other than Barca paid a crazy amount for him. What's he like?

If we got SMS before Pogba went, it would put us in a much better position, negotiations wise. WIth a replacement already acquired, we could really demand every penny possible from Barca.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Whilst i agree with the sentiment my dear lady ;) i doubt there's any way barca gives us Coutinho money (which then gets used to purchase SMS) and Dembele for Pogba

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I don't know much about Dembele other than Barca paid a crazy amount for him. What's he like?

If we got SMS before Pogba went, it would put us in a much better position, negotiations wise. WIth a replacement already acquired, we could really demand every penny possible from Barca.

Obviously we'd have to get that over the line tomorrow too if we wnat Dembele coming our way

Drumpot wrote: »

Or

DDG
    Valencia - Bailly - Toby - Young
    Matic
    Fred - SMS
    Rashford - Lukaku - Sanchez

Absent: Pogba (getting haircut)

Swap rashford and Sanchez - at least there is proof Sanchez performs there.

• Advertisement

brinty wrote: »
    Whilst i agree with the sentiment my dear lady ;) i doubt there's any way barca gives us Coutinho money (which then gets used to purchase SMS) and Dembele for Pogba

Not coutinho money and Dembele. There were two poorly separated thoughts.

Straight cash would be coutinho plus money imo.

Maybe half with Dembele.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭paulbok

tenor.gif?itemid=9264828
    bangkok wrote: »
    All gifs should be banned from a discussion forum imo. They add absolutely nothing

Maybe half with Dembele.

Feck it mate, if we got SMS fleece them for both ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭thetimeisnow

Joking aside...
    DDG
    Matic
    Fred - SMS
    Pogba
    Lukaku - Sanchez
    The fullbacks are dirt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Maybe half with Dembele.

They paid over €110m (or was it €120m) for Dembele. I doubt they'd give United €70m and Dembele for Pogba.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Savic was poor at world cup. Id be wary about signing him for massive money

Would it not make more sense to judge a player on more than 5 or 6 games with a team he plays with a handful of times a year? His price tag is based on his performances over a much longer period of time than that.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    They paid over €110m (or was it €120m) for Dembele. I doubt they'd give United €70m and Dembele for Pogba.

If they want rid of him (second choice to malcom?) then his value has dropped from the too high figure they paid. Pogba is a guy they want... 150 cash,imo.

Would it not make more sense to judge a player on more than 5 or 6 games with a team he plays with a handful of times a year? His price tag is based on his performances over a much longer period of time than that.

In fact, I'd prefer to sign a player on the back of a poor WC (SMS) where its indicates we have scouted him and have him long identified as a target. Rather than just seen something shiny at the WC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If they want rid of him (second choice to malcom?) then his value has dropped from the too high figure they paid. Pogba is a guy they want... 150 cash,imo.

Even if they want rid they are not stupid, Arsenal apparently had offered £10m loan fee with an option to buy for £90m at the end of that.

He's a super player who struggled a bit last season with injuries. They'll have plenty of suitors if they do decide to sell.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Even if they want rid they are not stupid, Arsenal apparently had offered £10m loan fee with an option to buy for £90m at the end of that.

He's a super player who struggled a bit last season with injuries. They'll have plenty of suitors if they do decide to sell.

Then I'd want full cash 150+ for Pogba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Man you are attached at the hip to Pogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

There is two days to go. Dembele or SMS isn't getting done.

Alderweireld might be a mad scramble.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

J. Marston wrote: »
    There is two days to go. Dembele or SMS isn't getting done.

Alderweireld might be a mad scramble.

Less than 24 hours actually......

J. Marston wrote: »
    There is two days to go.

You're off by double....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

A loan with obligation to buy would be the best we could hope for at this stage IF we are actually trying to sign any non-English based player be it SMS/Dembele/Mina/Boateng etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

pjohnson wrote: »
    A loan with obligation to buy would be the best we could hope for at this stage IF we are actually trying to sign any non-English based player be it SMS/Dembele/Mina/Boateng etc.

Don't think there's anything about this deal structure that makes them any easier to agree per se, think they're more for controlling which year's books the money gets accounted for in.

Pogba being replaced by SMS just puts the final nail in what has been a terrible Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

(Serbian source) Manchester United have offered €100m for Sergej Milinković Savić, Lazio want €120m

If United value him at 100m and they want 120m and similar with Toby 45m v 65m just stump up the extra and get a new corn flakes sponsor, tractor sponsor, toe nail clipper sponsor. Whatever :)

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Don't think there's anything about this deal structure that makes them any easier to agree per se, think they're more for controlling which year's books the money gets accounted for in.

Pogba being replaced by SMS just puts the final nail in what has been a terrible Summer.

Those structures seem to be more popular in Europe for some reason.

rob316 wrote: »
    Man you are attached at the hip to Pogba

??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Joking aside...
    DDG
    Matic
    Fred - SMS
    Pogba
    Lukaku - Sanchez

Not bad, full backs still kill our forward play :) Will result in congested middle as teams won't be under threat out wide and a lot of frustrating home games trying to kick the opponent's door down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Not at all, 6 appearances is the perfect amount to judge a player, hence the feeling that Dalot is going to surprise people.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Sanchez was speaking pretty positively in that interview. Wants to win every trophy on offer etc, feels he will be a totally different proposition himself now he knows the training the methods the teammates etc

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We sign someone alright

#Believe

I thought a player was done by the age of 29? Vidal is 31?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

What would the outcome be if Barcelona applied that (absolutely logical) criteria to valuing Pogba? Ignore the few good games he played for France in the WC as he only plays a handful of games a year with them and judge him on his performances for Utd since he (re) signed?

What would the outcome be if Barcelona applied that (absolutely logical) criteria to valuing Pogba? Ignore the few good games he played for France in the WC as he only plays a handful of games a year with them and judge him on his performances for Utd since he (re) signed?

Same outcome as united offering a straight swap, Jones for Messi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Their offer still would have been derisory. Are you on a wind up here or what's the story?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Sanchez was speaking pretty positively in that interview. Wants to win every trophy on offer etc, feels he will be a totally different proposition himself now he knows the training the methods the teammates etc

I think he will be a different player for united this season. Be like a new signing....

There really is a lot to be excited about this season. People getting hung up on transfers, I’d be happy enough if we just had a happy squad with the existing team.

• Advertisement

[Simon Stone] Was told earlier today that @ManUtd highly unlikely to get Jerome Boateng but since been told player still keen if he feels Utd really want him. Jose thinks it can be done. Were talking loan. Bayern wanted straight sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Their offer still would have been derisory. Are you on a wind up here or what's the story?

Absolutely not, thought it might help explain their offer.

Toby and boateng on loan would be great business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

The fullbacks are dirt

You should post up your fantasy United line up

astradave wrote: »
    You should post up your fantasy United line up

Good man Dave, what's that code again?

• Advertisement

[LeParisien] Jérôme Boateng has chosen PSG

Looks like the grim reaper

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

That an actual photo or one from years ago

Edit: probably boxes of scotch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

[LeParisien] Jérôme Boateng has chosen PSG

Phew

Lord Voldemort?

Or Nazgûl

Di Marizio saying Darmian likely to stay, due to Valencia injury problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Good man Dave, what's that code again?

It’s in my sig there :D

Di Marizio saying Darmian likely to stay, due to Valencia injury problems.

I'd imagine he won't be moving until the end of August alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Clicks into thread for the first time since this morning.

Sees about 200 new posts.

Gets excited.

Sees it's more of the same scutter.

tenor.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement