Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018/2019 [Mod note 31-Aug-18]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

limnam wrote: »
    Interesting.

So much did Sanchez cost?

Well adding in security costs, how much it takes to run old Trafford, the cooks wages, not to forget the cleaning woman..

About seventy bazillion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,281 ✭✭✭limnam

astradave wrote: »
    Well adding in security costs, how much it takes to run old Trafford, the cooks wages, not to forget the cleaning woman..

About seventy bazillion

Leave my witness alone :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I move to declare the witness unreliable and not a expert in the field!

I move to declare the witness unreliable and not a expert in the field!

tenor.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

So how long does Alexis get starting without hitting any kind of form , 
    He has been nothing short of dreadful since he signed, Not just for his standard but in general he has been awful

He has been nothing short of dreadful since he signed, Not just for his standard but in general he has been awful

He was great in preseason in a different system, then Jose didn’t get his CB transfer to move permanently to that system (imo) so moved back to the LW and he’s poor again.. I think Jose knows that even when he isn’t firing he is still capable of creating something from nothing, probably why he has been left so long.. he also runs his bollox off for the cause so that goes a long way in Jose’s eyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

He's had 5 months plus a pre season (where he was good - very good) time is rapidly running out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Rumours on twitter of Matic potentially starting tonight in a back three. Smalling may also come back in.

Rumours on twitter of Matic potentially starting tonight in a back three. Smalling may also come back in.

Bet you Mitch started that rumour :pac:

• Advertisement

Back three? That plan went well for Rangers yesterday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Liverpool lads in Liverpool thread - “12m for Shaqiri was a great bit of business”

“Yes, it was” thank, thank, thank, thank, thank...

Liverpool lads in United thread getting the calculators out to factor in every penny that can be attributed to the cost of having Sanchez at United :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Mr.H wrote: »
    Yes you can. In fact revenue insist on it.

Revenue don't insist on counting the wages as part of transfer fee.

And why do people keep responding to limnam as if he is being genuine? I am genuinely puzzled by that.

He also includes wages as part of the transfer fee (selectively) Mr. H so your both on the same side.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,636 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Moving to a back 3 might not be such a bad idea, could help offer extra protection to the center backs and allow wing backs to get further forward and maybe move Sanchez more central. Moving Matic into a back 3 on the other hand?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Liverpool lads in Liverpool thread - “12m for Shaqiri was a great bit of business”

Liverpool lads in United thread getting the calculators out to factor in every penny that can be attributed to the cost of having Sanchez at United :pac:

HonestVainAfricanaugurbuzzard.webp

Well paid off!

I think people just speak about Alexis wages because aren't they the highest in Prem history ?
    Media and fans always have and always will look at every detail of the most expensive or most paid player in the league ,
    It doesn't help that Alexis has been awful so far,
    As a Liverpool fan I was delighted Chelsea spent more and a keeper than us it straight away lessened the pressure on Becker,
    Wages and price tags shouldn't matter to fans but they always will if a player is falling short on the pitch,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Everyone has their calculator out today!

OMCLJOC.gif

And why do people keep responding to limnam as if he is being genuine? I am genuinely puzzled by that.

He also includes wages as part of the transfer fee (selectively) Mr. H so your both on the same side.

:pac:

I'll have to go back but I don't recall stating the wages were part of it. The point was there's much more to the cost than a swap for an asset worth 30+mil

How that cost was hidden we'll probably never find out but to suggest we got him for a straight swap is ludicrous and to add it evidence Jose wasn't back is even more ludicrous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Seriously, why would revenue insist on wages being included in transfer fees? I've never seen that.

Revenue as in the tax man has always included all outgoings and incomings as accountable figures. How is this news to you? Maybe you are talking about something else?

Why would the tax man ignore wages paid and focus just on transfer fees or vice versa? All outgoings are accountable.

I'll have to go back but I don't recall stating the wages were part of it. The point was there's much more to the cost than a swap for an asset worth 30+mil

How that cost was hidden we'll probably never find out but to suggest we got him for a straight swap is ludicrous and to add it evidence Jose wasn't back is even more ludicrous.

His value at Arsenal with no time left in his contract is less then it is at United with however many years on his contract at United so how does that work out in your calculations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

There's gonna be some craic in here if we get hockeyed tonight.

• Advertisement

Revenue as in the tax man has always included all outgoings and incomings as accountable figures. How is this news to you? Maybe you are talking about something else?

Why would the tax man ignore wages paid and focus just on transfer fees or vice versa? All outgoings are accountable.

So when you said the tax man insists that transfer fees and wages should be calculated together what you ment was every single income and outgoing stream.

Right, yeah, that wouldn't be new at all. But it isn't what you seemed to be saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

There's gonna be some craic in here if we get hockeyed tonight.

United, and Jose, really really need a win IMO. Biggest league game in a long long time.

Revenue include all expenditures together. I am not lumping transfer fees and wages together. I said both are taxable amounts on the same asset. Both are fees it cost the club to aquire that asset.

Lets say liverpool signed Joe cole on a free....... did they get him for nothing? No of course not. That would be ridiculous to suggest. Sign on fee wages (for that current financial year) and any other extras are 100% included in the clubs spend.

Some clubs such as city move salaries to other companies by passing their "spend" but i assure you revenue include every cent.

Joe cole was not free and neither was ibra

Where is my selctively?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Both at White Hart Lane and in the Cup, Spurs really hurt us with the long ball in behind our left back last season. Fingers crossed Shaw, Young or the left of the CBs is better clued in this time. Also hope we see the Pogba that played Spurs at Wembley, rather than the one at WHL - same for Sanchez if he plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

FitzShane wrote: »
    United, and Jose, really really need a win IMO. Biggest league game in a long long time.

A win yes, but at some point soon I think some kind of cohesive attacking plan is going to have to come through. We have a lot of good attacking players, but I can't see how Jose continues if the best he can offer is grinding out results while Sanchez, Martial, Pogba et al kick up a stink every second week.

Revenue include all expenditures together. I am not lumping transfer fees and wages together. I said both are taxable amounts on the same asset. Both are fees it cost the club to aquire that asset.

Lets say liverpool signed Joe cole on a free....... did they get him for nothing? No of course not. That would be ridiculous to suggest. Sign on fee wages (for that current financial year) and any other extras are 100% included in the clubs spend.

Some clubs such as city move salaries to other companies by passing their "spend" but i assure you revenue include every cent.

Where is my selctively?
    Revenue don't include wages IN the transfer fees, as you said they INSIST on.

They simply look for both to be accounted for. Same as the money spent on printer ink.

Right, yeah, that wouldn't be new at all. But it isn't what you seemed to be saying.

No all i am saying is that you never get a player for free. No matter what club or what rose tinted fan base you have (including liverpool fans in that of course).

No all i am saying is that you never get a player for free. No matter what club or what rose tinted fan base you have (including liverpool fans in that of course).

but what you said was Revenue insist wages are included in transfer fees.

A win yes, but at some point soon I think some kind of cohesive attacking plan is going to have to come through. We have a lot of good attacking players, but I can't see how Jose continues if the best he can offer is grinding out results while Sanchez, Martial, Pogba et al kick up a stink every second week.

2 seasons in and there doesn't seem to a repetitive attack that seems to be United's main attacking play, apart from the back post chip & header between Pogba & Sanchez. There is no real 'typical United goal' that you could describe, whereas City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs etc all seem to have one.

Agree that you need to get these attackers playing together cohesively but there is no real signs of that happening, and it won't start tonight. Only way United win this tonight is through a set piece or a scrappy goal IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭garra

Let's see which one of them contributes the best bang for their buck at season's finish.
    If their stats are similar then it's of no great satisfaction to me that one is paid a multiple of the other, other than to be assured my club is well run.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

garra wrote: »
    Let's see which one of them contributes the best bang for their buck at season's finish.
    If their stats are similar then it's of no great satisfaction to me that one is paid a multiple of the other, other than to be assured my club is well run.

Oh great, a my fave club is run better than yours post.

2 seasons in and there doesn't seem to a repetitive attack that seems to be United's main attacking play, apart from the back post chip & header between Pogba & Sanchez. There is no real 'typical United goal' that you could describe, whereas City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs etc all seem to have one.

Agree that you need to get these attackers playing together cohesively but there is no real signs of that happening, and it won't start tonight. Only way United win this tonight is through a set piece or a scrappy goal IMO.
    I think a goal can come from a moment of magic from Pogba, or Sanchez or Lukaku for example, but in general I 100% agree, and have been saying it for a while.

It doesn't look like any work is done on attacking, on planned movements or creative play. It's throwing 11 players out there and hoping one of them does something.

It's the biggest reason I have for understanding if Jose was sacked. We are the most aimless club in the PL.

Even if you do that its not really a fair comparison , its impossible to compare most players due to there fee's or wages,
    Hear me out here
    Sanchez is on big wages because he is bought to be a star, a week in week out game changer,
    Shaq is bought to be back up and contribute when one of our front 3 needs a rest , So he is paid to reflect this,
    If United can afford to pay Sanchez his wages and he gets them one goal and its a goal that wins a trophy is it worth it ?  
    If Shaq scores 20 goals and Liverpool fail to win anything is he worth it ?
    See its impossible to call who is worth it or not worth it and even more so at this stage of the season its just daft,

Well your guy may have scored more goals but my guy did it at a cost of 150k less per goal! So who's the real winner? Eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Everyone has their calculator out today!

OMCLJOC.gif

Is every other week at this stage

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Brinty's calculator always arrives at the same answer:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

they are all here today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭garra

DM_7 wrote: »
    Oh great, a my fave club is run better than yours post.

Cheer up lad your team are on the box tonight!

I think a goal can come from a moment of magic from Pogba, or Sanchez or Lukaku for example, but in general I 100% agree, and have been saying it for a while.

It doesn't look like any work is done on attacking, on planned movements or creative play. It's throwing 11 players out there and hoping one of them does something.

It's the biggest reason I have for understanding if Jose was sacked. We are the most aimless club in the PL.

I suppose I am forgetting one - it involves Fellaini :pac:

Interesting to see what United show up tonight, and how they will set up and play.

• Advertisement

Interesting to see what United show up tonight, and how they will set up and play.

Yes, it's a real mystery. :pac:

Matic in a back 3 apparently:)

Sanchez v trippier will be the key battle tonight.

bangkok wrote: »

Hope he can keep tight to him and stop him getting crosses in. Has to be careful to not give away free kicks though, obvs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Hope he can keep tight to him and stop him getting crosses in. Has to be careful to not give away free kicks though, obvs.

Was literally about to post the same thing :D

I have a very fine bridge I'd like to sell you, I think you'd be very interested if you come take a look.

Only cost ya 150mil?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

That's a different position. Revenue do not insist on the wages and transfer fee being included together.

They are two separate contracts
    They are accounted for separately
    The wages are of no interest to revenue when accounting for tax on the expenditure to acquire the registration from the club.
    Where is my selctively?

I said he also does it selectively. Not that you don't selectively. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

I have a very fine bridge I'd like to sell you, I think you'd be very interested if you come take a look.

Only cost ya 150mil?

150 mil was not the figure I was suggesting for sanchez.....

bangkok wrote: »

It won’t by the leaks on Twitter 352 apparently

Meh.

Strong in the air and tackle, good passer, im sure he will be fine

astradave wrote: »
    It won’t by the leaks on Twitter 352 apparently

Shaw v trippier will be the key battle tonight :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement