Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018/2019 [Mod note 31-Aug-18]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

More annoyed to see pereira out of the match day squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

It is pure sensationalism to include wages alongside a transfer fee.

Yea your right wages are not real anyway. Sure you might as well not include the transfer fee when saying how much a player cost either.

How much youll make in merch is guess work. How much you are legally obliged to pay in wages is not. How much a player costs depends on transfer fee agent fee sign on fees bonuses and of course wages. Pretending it doesnt include those is simplification at its worst.

If messi signed for man city for 75 million, would that just be written as the same as what it cost liverpool for vvd or united for pogba? Or would you have to take his 1 million a week wages into consideration?

Of course wages matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

More annoyed to see pereira out of the match day squad.

Seemed unfair. He definitely deserved a spot at least on the bench.

Clearly he does trust Smalling and Jones since they have replaced his 2 CB signings after last week's disaster

Or trusts them more than the two that were shocking last week.

Bailly and Lindelöf started the season over smalling so clearly he trusted them more than smalling then, going by your logic.

He has a bunch of players he doesn't trust. Players he doesn't trust will play cause he has to play them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Still reckon it’s 352 with Matic in the middle

• Advertisement

Mr.H wrote: »
    Yea your right wages are not real anyway. Sure you might as well not include the transfer fee when saying how much a player cost either.

How much youll make in merch is guess work. How much you are legally obliged to pay in wages is not. How much a player costs depends on transfer fee agent fee sign on fees bonuses and of course wages. Pretending it doesnt include those is simplification at its worst.

If messi signed for man city for 75 million, would that just be written as the same as what it cost liverpool for vvd or united for pogba? Or would you have to take his 1 million a week wages into consideration?

Of course wages matter.

No one is saying they don't matter. If you don't want to discuss the actual point just stop posting this nonsense..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

astradave wrote: »
    Still reckon it’s 352 with Matic in the middle

:(

Rossi IRL wrote: »

:(

Lingard will probably be man marking KT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Incredibly frustrating to see Pereira dropped along with seeing Smalling/Jones start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Bailly and Lindelöf started the season over smalling so clearly he trusted them more than smalling then, going by your logic.

He has a bunch of players he doesn't trust. Players he doesn't trust will play cause he has to play them.

In fairness Bailly was fantastic last season and should be still in the team regardless of one poor game. Lindelof is still looking abysmal.

Bailly/Smalling would be my choice. Jones too error prone.

• Advertisement

I think José is a fan of Jones but was hoping Lindelof and Bailly would come good.

He tends to praise Jones, my issue is Jones is normally pushed out to left CB when Smalling plays, as Smalling isn't comfortable there, unless that changes tonight.

Jones will give it his all but when he plays on the left of the pairing I do have concerns of the odd mistake. But key thing is hell give his all, something José wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Headshot wrote: »
    Sigh it's very hard for a CB pairing to gel if your not going to consistently play them

What makes it worse your replacing them with players who shouldn't be starting these big games too.

I fear tonight

Agreed on your first point. Disagree on your second.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

Don’t laugh, but most players get a £1,000 a month accommodation allowance; should that be included alongside the transfer fee too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

No martial at all,is there a fallout there,have i missed something.

No one is saying they don't matter. If you don't want to discuss the actual point just stop posting this nonsense..

Noone is saying what now?
    It is pure sensationalism to include wages alongside a transfer fee.

So this isnt nonsense?

In fairness Bailly was fantastic last season and should be still in the team regardless of one poor game. Lindelof is still looking abysmal.

His injury record, particularly around the west brom game are seemingly huge black marks against him

Tough to say he was brilliant when he barely put a run of games together.

Like I said in the above, Jones is less error prone in my mind when playing on the right of the pair, the position he's more suited too.

When he and Bailly teamed up it was my favorite of the pairings.

No martial at all,is there a fallout there,have i missed something.

Where have you been the last two years.. :D

Bailly hardly played last season; do you mean the season before that?

• No martial at all,is there a fallout there,have i missed something.

He's been brutal, deserved to be dropped

• Advertisement

Noone is saying what now?

So this isnt nonsense?

Yes. A transfer fee is separate from wages. For everyone except United it seems.

They are both costs on the club, but both SEPARATE costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Don’t laugh, but most players get a £1,000 a month accommodation allowance; should that be included alongside the transfer fee too?

They are also costing the club with whatever portions they take from the canteen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Where have you been the last two years.. :D

But not even the bench .

So lets say two players went for 10 million.

Player a is going to get 20k a week and player b is going to get 200k a week.

Your saying those transfers are the same because both cost 10 million?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Bailly was injured preseason, maybe that is why he is out now, Jones and Smalling ready to go? Lindelof needed to be dropped.

Happy with the team. Only change would be Sanchez but he was injured last week so might be better to keep him back.

Matic, Ander, Lingard should stop the lacklustre attitude anyway.

But not even the bench .

His running stats didn’t make for good reading against Brighton. Deserved to be dropped completely

Yes. A transfer fee is separate from wages. For everyone except United it seems.

Its fcukin hilarious.

His running stats didn’t make for good reading against Brighton. Deserved to be dropped completely

Wait he ran against Brighton?

In any world other than “Bizarro Let’s Discredit Manchester United World”, the transfer fee is “what a player cost”. Wages only get added in to sensationalise the story. It has always been thus; Roy Keane cost United £3.75m, Shearer cost Newcastle £15m, Ronaldo cost Real Madrid £80m. Should the insurance premiums (which are hefty) be included too?

• Advertisement

No they are not. Both are costs to bring the asset to the club. You cant buy a player without one of those costs being incurred.

You, You just said noone is pretending wages dont count and now your saying this.

No such thing as a free signing.

You can pretend ibra cost united nothing all you want but its far from true

His injury record, particularly around the west brom game are seemingly huge black marks against him

Tough to say he was brilliant when he barely put a run of games together.

When fit, which he is at present he's our best CB in my opinion

What if the guy on 20k gets a new contract after 12 months, do we now add the new wages to his old transfer fee or is it it still reported that he cost 10million.

How much is it reported shaqiri cost? 12million? Or 15 or 20 million?

Is VVD reported at 75 million or 100mullion or 125million?

How about matip? Is he reported as a free transfer or 5million or 10million?

When fit, which he is at present he's our best CB in my opinion

Not disagreeing really. Just pointing out the reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,281 ✭✭✭limnam

?

No it was the magical figure reached by including some transfer fees, some but not all wages and signing on fees (very important) and the cost of the extra seats for the new players wasn't?

First of all, I retracted the figure. As I have no way to prove anything.

If you take in the 4 signings we know about that's 110m.

Sure we can put our head in the sand and say Sanchez didn't manage to to extract anything else and his cost was 0. It's 110m.

As I said even forgetting about anything else.

That's not something a management team spend when they're not going to back you.

If you want to consider this trolling. Shrug.

Ok so we have learnt that wages in fact dont exist and cost the clubs nothing. Cool.

Juat dont tell my boss ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

But not even the bench .

With the formation/selection tonight, we only have one out-and-out attacker on the pitch.
    So that puts both Sanchez and Rashford as subs.

Not really surprising Martial excluded.

He wasn't going to put 3 attackers on the bench.

limnam wrote: »
    First of all, I retracted the figure. As I have no way to prove anything.

If you take in the 4 signings we know about that's 110m.

Sure we can put our head in the sand and say Sanchez didn't manage to to extract anything else and his cost was 0. It's 110m.

As I said even forgetting about anything else.

That's not something a management team spend when they're not going to back you.

If you want to consider this trolling. Shrug.

Give us your figures for this 4 so?

Ok so we have learnt that wages in fact dont exist and cost the clubs nothing. Cool.

Maybe you missed when I said it earlier 99.9% of the time when it is said a footballer "cost X" it is relating to the transfer fee.

How much did VVD cost Liverpool

Not disagreeing really. Just pointing out the reality.

Reality of his injury record? Fair enough but you should start your best players was my point. Regardless of 1 bad game. Majority of the team had a stinker last week.

• Advertisement

Give us your figures for this 4 so?

They're public.

Fred/Dal/Grant/Miki's AMV. = 110m

I didn't realize that much was disputed.

No. What we've proven is your are unable to actually discuss a point or understand context.

Can't expect everyone to understand even things as simple as transfer fees and wages are different things. It's clearly beyond some people, like yourself.

Sanchez “cost” the market value of Mhkitarian, no more and no less.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Spideog Rua

Game starts in 25 mins and they're still talking about City Wolves

If that's true, its about 40 mil + the 70 spent = 110m

That's not backing a manager?

What is it? Freezing him out?

How much did VVD cost Liverpool

I’ll let you answer this one
    Mr.H wrote:
    The difference is we sign players that fit the club. So Matip was free, he is what was wanted. VVD cost 75 million. Doesnt matter he is what was wanted.

The difference is other clubs sign big names to appease sponsors. We sign players we need.........................

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105662468&postcount=595

Wow VVD isn't getting any wages at all :pac:

limnam wrote: »

If that's true, its about 40 mil + the 70 spent = 110m

That's not backing a manager?

What is it? Freezing him out?

He wasn’t worth £40m...he signed for what, £28m or thereabouts, and had been average at best. I would have said £20m.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Wow VVD isn't getting any wages at all :pac:

Surely not, the revenue insist a player gets paid.

He wasn’t worth £40m...he signed for what, £28m or thereabouts, and had been average at best. I would have said £20m.

was 42 mil euro.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement