Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health Insurance Query

• 07-08-2018 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi
    I am 35 and looking to get Health Insurance for the first time. My wife also wants to get health insurance and she is 36. The main reason we are looking to get insurance is due to the fact she may require to have a procedure laparoscopy.....and she is on a public waiting list for over two years.

If we are to get cover immediately do the insurance companies request written confirmation from your GPs regarding past health issues?

Typically how long does your plan need to be in place for your to be covered for a procedure? and is this potential procedure something I should raise with the insurance company when getting a plan?

I prefer asking these questions rather than bringing them up with the person I will be negotiating my plan with.

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭Brian201888

26 Weeks for new conditions
    5 years for pre-existing

They won't ask about pre-existing conditions at the time you take it out but they will establish if something was pre-existing when you go to make a claim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Worth reading up about lifetime community rating

It is a system whereby the premium that individuals pay for health insurance rises with the age they enter the private health insurance market, but does not vary in relation to their current age.

https://www.hia.ie/consumer-information/lifetime-community-rating-explained

Advertisement