Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In defence of the fada

Options
  • 08-08-2018 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭

FYI fadas are broken.

Sample
    This line has normal I's.
    Thl has fada s.

It's like they're treated as an escape character or something. Even previewing a post strips them.
    Google Chrome is up to date
    Version 68.0.3440.84 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1607 - 14393

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi ED E,

What version of the site are you using? And what device do you use?

á é í ó ú

Tésting

Seems to be working fine for me. When are you noticing it occurring (i.e. starting a thread, quick reply, post reply, preview, etc.)? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Boards.ie: Ronan

Téstíng fróm Légácy Síté

Téstíng fróm Légácy Síté

Téstíng fróm Tóúch Síté

Téstíng fróm Légácy Síté

Téstíng fróm Tóúch Síté
    Téstíng fróm Réspónsívé Síté

*Edit*
    Tested and working on all supported versions of the site.
    Version 70.0.3515.3 (Official Build) canary (64-bit) (Mac)

Fada's do fail on m.boards.ie but as that is no longer supported it won't be resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Classic punBB(?) version of the site with the "-- Boards.ie Beta" theme. Its unfortunate if thats discontinued as the new site is far less functional (the old nav bar is 1000x better).

Not sure if it happens in OPs but definitely all replies. Think it works in the Talk2s fine.

• Advertisement

I'm not familiar with that theme but if it's one of the older unsupported themes then chances are it is using an older form of the editor that does not support fada's.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement