Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weight Loss 2: Judgment Day

Options
  • 08-08-2018 1:33am

Howdy do.

Anyone who clicks into this may well remember my username as I posted here before, and made a good effort at getting stuck into a decent exercise and diet plan that seen a lot of weight come off quickly enough (if I recall correctly, I lost over 3 stone in less than 3 months).

Unfortunately, since achieving my goal that time, I had nothing really going on, and between a small injury from running, a lack of enthusiasm for any activities in day to day life, a tough time in a relationship, etc (all the usual stuff). I gradually gained back the weight I lost.

Today, I weigh in at bang on 20st.

Truth be told, I am actually generally happier day to day, these days, so the extra weight hasn't really bothered me as much as it did before. I find I've become a little more accepting of myself as I am.

Unfortunately, my lackadaisical attitude walked me into an uncomfortable situation (and a common 'fat man' problem) of not fitting into a ride at a theme park (in this case, Tayto Park).

I don't really anticipate anyone will read or follow this thread, but i find that writing a log on here (as I spend a lot of time on boards in general) helps me stay on track and keep a little bit dedicated. So that's why I'm clogging up space on boards. :)

Coupled with the Tayto Park embarrassment; I've also a holiday booked in 9 weeks. I would like to drop about 2.5 stone before then (as someone who weighs in at 20st, this should be fairly achievable).

Means I need to drop about 4lbs per week.

Starting Weight: 20st 00lbs
    Goal Weight: 17st 7lbs

My approach this week is to simply cut back on any 'bad' foods (I eat a scary amount of sweets/snacks) and walk 10k per day for the next 7 days.

Wish me luck! :)

Comments

3 weeks in and I'm down about 8lbs :rolleyes:

Need to get the finger out. Have been eating mildly better, but still eating a lot of sh/te.

I got dragged into non-stop work for about 2 weeks from the day after I made this thread (very long days, literally wouldn't have time to do a 5 minute walk, barely get sleep) and spent a couple of days afterwards feeling groggy and sleeping. knee is hurting for no reason whatsoever. Lots of silly things but need to try and work on the diet (not even to improve my food, but even to just cut down on the amount of it).

I'm like a wheelie bin (not just the shape :pac: , but also in that i will swallow up any old crap).

Advertisement