Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gay people

• 08-08-2018 3:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

Gay people use to be so cool. Snazzy dressers, boiler rooms, hyper libabdos.

Over the past couple of years they appear to have turned into a pack of over weight soccer mum's, protesting with their bill boards

The Pope is the next protest..

Someone has hijacked this cool set of people and replaced it with a group with the mentality of a Dublin cyclist

The World is in a strange place right now

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

utmbuilder wrote: »

The World is in a strange place right now

Amen to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

The Pope is the next protest..
    ...ant?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭utmbuilder

...ant?

Hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

It went down hill after they let everyone in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

Twas marriage ruined their hyper libabdos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Oh be nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,854 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Once they don't go around wearing shoes without socks with their ankles hanging out. I don't really mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Oi leave the Dublin cyclist out of this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

OP I suggest you read up on the history of Pride. It has historically been about protest and not the vomit inducing corporate advertising opportunity it currently is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I'm shunning all gays until their fashion sense returns to it's former levels of flamboyance.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Funny that they should protest the Pope, but they'll have no problem with anti gay hate preachers in the Clonskeagh mosque ...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Funny that they should protest the Pope, but they'll have no problem with anti gay hate preachers in the Clonskeagh mosque ...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'd consider myself a long time ally of the gay community - and I have serious issues with that.

Sadly, the minute you say that out comes "RACIST" and the usual crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Yeah.

And they ruined all the best names like Bruce, and Lance, and Julian. Those were the toughest names we had!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

I'd consider myself a long time ally of the gay community - and I have serious issues with that.

Sadly, the minute you say that out comes "RACIST" and the usual crap.
    I think a lot of the LGBT community are realising finally, I'm sure JupiterKid would agree - if he posts on here he can confirm/deny ...

can we mention users ? I mean ... like on other forums you get a notification @JupiterKid ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

everything I know about gay people comes from the movie The Birdcage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I love how equality works.we want to be equal and have our rights but you can't be right or enjoy Freedom of belief, so you can't be our equal if you disagree.

Cue...name calling and allegations of phobia!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭cgcsb

I love how equality works.we want to be equal and have our rights but you can't be right or enjoy Freedom of belief, so you can't be our equal if you disagree.

Are you frustrated sexually dear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

everything I know about gay people comes from the movie The Birdcage.

Ahhh yes, that weekend a long time ago when my husband still says I ''forced'' him to watch The Birdcage and Brokeback Mountain one after the other. Hahah I just really liked the movies and didn't anticpate that he might find it gay overload. It was good times back then...we watch our own movies alone now :(

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Those pricks?

Oddly I guess you could say they dont have a direct influence over us hence the lack of protest.

It is a fierce double standard though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

hyper libabdos.

Sounds like a South American cocktail - i'll have 2 please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

cgcsb wrote: »
    Are you frustrated sexually dear?

Not at all. And less of the patronising please!

So can I go into the lbgt etc forum an question homosexuality without being banned?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

P_1 wrote: »
    Those pricks?

Oddly I guess you could say they dont have a direct influence over us hence the lack of protest.

It is a fierce double standard though
    Where's the double standard though?

Do you ever hear gay people say, "Ah yeah, that's OK cos they're Muslim".

No, you don't. Rather, you just don't hear about it because the number of Muslims in Ireland is small and they don't make the Church's mistake of going to the media and declaring things to be right and wrong.

Every now and again Ali Selim sticks his head above the pulpit (pun intended), says something barbaric, gets slaughtered for it and then slinks away back into his Mosque.

You find gay people in general have very little time for the hateful nonsense spouted by practically all religions. The reason Catholicism seems to take the brunt of it in Ireland is because it's the only one that holds huge public rallies in public spaces, and puts their hate speech out in the media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

I think a lot of the LGBT community are realising finally, I'm sure JupiterKid would agree - if he posts on here he can confirm/deny ...

can we mention users ? I mean ... like on other forums you get a notification @JupiterKid ...

I'd tend towards more right-wing slant myself. Maybe some blame for this silliness lies with a certain groundless narrow-mindedness of those on the right. The gays were closed out and naturally opted for the alternative left-wing take on the world. The left has some serious baggage though that will not sit well with freedom for gays in the long run.

DUP and Pres church in north are making the exact same mistakes right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

topper75 wrote: »
    I'd tend towards more right-wing slant myself. Maybe some blame for this silliness lies with a certain groundless narrow-mindedness of those on the right. The gays were closed out and naturally opted for the alternative left-wing take on the world. The left has some serious baggage though that will not sit well with freedom for gays in the long run.

DUP and Pres church in north are making the exact same mistakes right now.

Couldn't agree more. It's also quite interesting that as well as being the Taoiseach, the leader of Fine Gael, Arthur J. Smith of the Sensible Party himself, is gay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Your above nonsensical rant is pretty patronizing.
    So can I go into the lbgt etc forum an question homosexuality without being banned?
    What kind of question? Given your apparent attitude, probably not.

seamus wrote: »
    Where's the double standard though?

Do you ever hear gay people say, "Ah yeah, that's OK cos they're Muslim".

No, you don't. Rather, you just don't hear about it because the number of Muslims in Ireland is small and they don't make the Church's mistake of going to the media and declaring things to be right and wrong.

Every now and again Ali Selim sticks his head above the pulpit (pun intended), says something barbaric, gets slaughtered for it and then slinks away back into his Mosque.

You find gay people in general have very little time for the hateful nonsense spouted by practically all religions. The reason Catholicism seems to take the brunt of it in Ireland is because it's the only one that holds huge public rallies in public spaces, and puts their hate speech out in the media.

Hilarious!

No, they just march into a newspaper office to shoot dead a dozen people over a drawing.

...So can I go into the lbgt etc forum an question homosexuality without being banned?

You could just leave them alone if you've nothing constructive to say to them? They're not doing you any harm.

Hilarious!

No, they just march into a newspaper office to shoot dead a dozen people over a drawing.

Without opening that can of worms it's a different situation and you know that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Asshole thread. Op must have little to be worrying him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

What kind of question exactly? The forum is open to everyone as long as you stick to the charter but considering you got your last yellow card overturned on a technicality I doubt the cmods will give you the benefit of the doubt if you cross the line again ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Perhaps I'm missing the point here.

The church have made their position on homosexuality abundantly clear.

Why do gays want to be part of an institution that wont accept them?

Surely it would serve them better to get on with their lives.

P_1 wrote: »
    Without opening that can of worms it's a different situation and you know that

Possibly so - but to say there are no mass Muslim anti-gay rallies ?

Utterly stupid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Utterly stupid!

when was the last one in dublin? I must have missed it. I do remember mass protests organised by the lackeys of the church against giving gay people the same rights as heterosexual people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Is this thread officially about muslims now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Is this thread officially about muslims now?

Isn't every thread in the end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

OldGoat wrote: »
    I'm shunning all gays until their fashion sense returns to it's former levels of flamboyance.

I like beer cold, my TV loud and my homosexuals fah-laming.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

We just need a way to shoehorn travellers into the thread and we'll have the full house.

I must have missed that one. When did this happen? Was the Irish Times or the Independent?

Don't answer; I'm being facetious. We're talking about Ireland here. When is the last time you had Muslim clerics in the Irish media condemning homosexuality, or preaching about it outside a Mosque?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭DONTMATTER

Is the op saying that gay people suck?

OldGoat wrote: »

I think they need a more disciplined approach:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

According to their very own charter, you can.

I'm very curious as to how you would actually question homosexuality, however? What's to question exactly?

10. While posting of controversial questions to stimulate debate is acceptable, soap boxing, i.e. constant repetition of a single viewpoint while refusing to entertain discussion on it, is both disruptive and annoying, and will not be tolerated. You are expected to contribute something other than placard proclamations.

RWCNT wrote: »
    I'm very curious as to how you would actually question homosexuality, however? What's to question exactly?
    Well, men wearing belly tops for one. Just, no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

HOMOPHOBE!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Maybe you should organise a counter-protest!

By the way, and this is genuine curiosity, can someone send me a link for info on an LGBT protest of Pope Francis' visit? Im googling and can't find anything.

Utterly stupid!

In Ireland? No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

I gotta be me.

The other thing that needs to make a comeback - late '80s-style NRG dance music:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

RWCNT wrote: »
    Maybe you should organise a counter-protest!

By the way, and this is genuine curiosity, can someone send me a link for info on an LGBT protest of Pope Francis' visit? Im googling and can't find anything.

Colm O'Gorman, who was a victim of clerical sex abuse that also happens to be gay, is spearheading a protest called Stand4Truth to try and get the Vatican to come clean about their involvement in covering up sexual abuse of children by priests.

Maybe O'Gorman being involved is enough in the OP's mind for it to be called a gay protest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

DONTMATTER wrote: »
    Is the op saying that gay people suck?

not once they're married apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Malayalam wrote: »
    Twas marriage ruined their hyper libabdos.

Now they're as miserable as the rest of us!

• Advertisement
Advertisement