Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warranty

Options
  • 08-08-2018 4:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

I buy E-Cig batteries from a Vape shop in the NW. They cost about €38 and come with just a 2 month warranty. One i bought in January failed just outside the warranty term. Its replacement just failed last week, outside warranty by 25 days. I've just bought my third this year. My question is...would I have any recourse in the Small Claims Court? My total spend this year is €118.00, including the newest battery.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

A warranty is addition to your consumer rights. Start with your consumer rights first.

Bur first, I see you mention batteries. Are you referring to the batteries only, not the full kit?

Batteries are often classed as consumables, meaning that they are expect to wear out. Is this a normal battery life for this kind of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,014 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its extremely difficult to show that batteries were charged to manufacturers recommendations and that a failure is due to a design fault - even the same brand failing again and again doesn't prove it if its the same person charging them with the same charger.

You could take a small claims case but after costs and the cost of your time it probably isn't worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Dr. Fell

Vape kits come (usually) in 3 pieces. A reservoir to hold the liquid, a coil to vaporizer the liquid, and a battery unit to power the coil. This is the unit I buy.
    http://www.eleafworld.com/eleaf-istick/

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Timfy

Batteries are generally classified as consumables and usually come with a very limited warranty that's pretty much only there in case the device is dead on delivery.

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,014 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Are you charging the batteries via the base unit or in a third party charger?

• Advertisement
Advertisement