Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym/Exercise in Carrigtwohill

Options
  • 08-08-2018 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

Moving to Carrigtwohill soon and will be looking to join a gym heading into the winter months.

Had been thinking of Fota as it has a pool and in fairness, isn't that badly priced considering it's a 5 star hotel.

That said, I'm wondering if there's any PAYG gyms in the Carrig/Middleton area that are worth checking out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

D'Agger wrote: »
    Hi All,

Moving to Carrigtwohill soon and will be looking to join a gym heading into the winter months.

Had been thinking of Fota as it has a pool and in fairness, isn't that badly priced considering it's a 5 star hotel.

That said, I'm wondering if there's any PAYG gyms in the Carrig/Middleton area that are worth checking out.
    Haven't been there myself, but the GAA club has a gym.
    NRG Xpress and the Radission in Little Island.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

After that you're into midleton :

The Train station gym
    Midleton Gym
    The park hotel has a gym

All of these will have reviews on their facebook/social media pages

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

Outside of Fota, is there any other pools in Carrigtwohill?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

horgan_p wrote: »
    After that you're into midleton :

The Train station gym
    Midleton Gym
    The park hotel has a gym

All of these will have reviews on their facebook/social media pages

Also Red Iron Crossfit, fit4less, there's one by fastfit I can't think of right now (Paul Mulcahy?) and I think there's a new gym opening in Midleton too.

In Carrigtwohill I've heard a few people say good things about Fusion health and fitness, but the prices always seemed exorbitant to me. I've had a few people ask me about Sean CB lifestyle and fitness but I know absolutely nothing about it.... ...apart from where it is. I've always wanted to have a proper look around the facilities in Fota. They look pretty decent, though I've heard the pool is more of a 'spa pool' than a 'train for triathlon pool'.

I think most gyms will do PAYG, but I'm certain Midleton Fitness do. They seem to have a good range of equipment and offer some classes too. I was going there for a while but the classes kept getting cancelled due to insufficient numbers. I think their membership numbers have improved since.

If cost is an issue, I think Carrigtwohill GAA gym has a good range of equipment and GAA gyms are always cheap.

I'm a member of two gyms in Midleton; Red Iron Crossfit which I can't recommend highly enough, and the Park Hotel gym (whatever they call it now).

The Park has tonnes of equipment; running machines, rowing machines, cross trainers and loads more. They also have free weights and offer classes at different times during the day that might suit you. They also have a pool, steam room and sauna and you get discounts on the onsite spa. The pool is 18m, so not the best, but not too bad for training.

I pretty much just go to the Park for the pool. I do all my actual training at Red Iron Crossfit. Constantly varied, constantly challenging with friendly members and top notch coaches. Usually the most fun part of my day.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Outside of Fota, is there any other pools in Carrigtwohill?

Nope, would be great if there was though

• Advertisement
Advertisement