Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reflux or Formula not right?

• 08-08-2018 12:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a 6week old little man. We changed his formula about 10 days ago to Cow and Gate after reading about Aptamil changing their formula. He would have spit up a normal amount on the Aptamil but since changing to Cow and Gate he is spitting up a lot of his bottles and I am unsure if it's the formula or reflux. The odd time he is unsettled with a little pain bit mostly he is well settled. I'm following all of the advice online for reflux, feeding upright, keep him sitting up after his bottle etc and sometimes he won't spit up at all.

Any advice or thoughts?never had any of this with my first. And yes, I will be going to go or speaking to phn

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I think it's classified as a problem if they are spitting most of every bottleup or it's projectile...hitting the opposite wall.
    My first never puked and had silent reflux.My second and third puke(d) continuously.Combination of wind and just being babies I figure.After my first, I am happier that they do puke.It may just be the baby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

shesty wrote: »
    I think it's classified as a problem if they are spitting most of every bottleup or it's projectile...hitting the opposite wall.
    My first never puked and had silent reflux.My second and third puke(d) continuously.Combination of wind and just being babies I figure.After my first, I am happier that they do puke.It may just be the baby.

Thank you,it's not every bottle and it's never been projectile and he's also thriving weight wise.
    They should come with manuals...I thought the second woukd be a breeze haha

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I was praying my second would be a breeze, and she was certainly a lot easier than my first...the jury is still out on my third!!!
    I am wondering about him and the formula too, because there was a definite increase in spitting from about 8 weeks on, but we are 13 weeks now, so I've kind of just given up...he's feeding well and thriving so I'll run with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Milly33

can I ask a silly question, but are you making up the formula correctly ie what it says on the back of the tin?

They really should come with a manual, Im first time mum and well they seem to tell you all the bad things that can be wrong rather than just telling you, yeah they do that sometimes.. Can be very worrying.. Herself used to spew up a lot too, I think it was just finding the correct amount to give her, and just herself getting used to things..

Their bellies are so small it is easy for them to fill up... I started writing down how much I thought she spewed up after each feed for about a week, and it kinda made you feel better looking back seeing that maybe all in all it was maybe 2oz a day.. Just kinda eases the mind a bit.. When she got to maybe 2-3months it eased off...

My attitude would be that most babies spit a lot.Of my own, 2 out of 3 do and my friends kids were the same.It was made more noticeable my the fact that my first never did, so when no.2 came I was caught out as I had no muslins amd not enough bibs, assuming I wouldn't need them.As I said, I believe it's only a problem if they are puking up most of all of their bottles, or the vomit is projectile every time.My first had gastroentritis at 12 weeks so we got a good exprience of what puking up every bottle was like, to be honest I haven't worried about it much since then

• Advertisement
Advertisement