Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC alarm triggered Alarm Pulse Z017 Kitchen

Options
  • 08-08-2018 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    My alarm went off today with nobody in the house the logs is as follows
    Alarm Pulse Z017 Kitchen 16:16:43
    Ext Fuse flt 16:18:39
    Two questions if that is ok:
    1. From what I gather the PIR alarmed in the kitchen which I guess is zone 17, Is the pulse a separate issue like the PIR being faulty? as I have seen PIR faults before and no pulse mentioned?
    2. The Ext Fuse flt which followed the initial PIR alarm, this is a fuse but external? like a fuse on the house circuit board or a fuse in the panel?
    I have reset the alarm but not home yet, my neighbour told me and checked around the house but to be honest if I was to guess the PIR is faulty in the kitchen and as the alarm was going for a few minutes it triggered a fuse alarm?
    Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Try activate the alarm again & see if the fuse fault returns. If it does there is a problem with the wiring or the external bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

KoolKid wrote:
    Try activate the alarm again & see if the fuse fault returns. If it does there is a problem with the wiring or the external bell.

I have visitors tonight so cant do any checks until the house is back empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi All,
    My alarm went off today with nobody in the house the logs is as follows
    Alarm Pulse Z017 Kitchen 16:16:43
    Ext Fuse flt 16:18:39
    Two questions if that is ok:
    1. From what I gather the PIR alarmed in the kitchen which I guess is zone 17, Is the pulse a separate issue like the PIR being faulty? as I have seen PIR faults before and no pulse mentioned?
    2. The Ext Fuse flt which followed the initial PIR alarm, this is a fuse but external? like a fuse on the house circuit board or a fuse in the panel?
    I have reset the alarm but not home yet, my neighbour told me and checked around the house but to be honest if I was to guess the PIR is faulty in the kitchen and as the alarm was going for a few minutes it triggered a fuse alarm?
    Thanks for the help.

Gross and pulse should be turned off on that zone if a PIR is installed.
    The external fuse relates to the external bell.

altor wrote:
    Gross and pulse should be turned off on that zone if a PIR is installed. The external fuse relates to the external bell.

There is two external bells is there a way to see which one is the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

There is two external bells is there a way to see which one is the problem?

You may need to problem solve if there are 2 bells on the system.
    Activate the system and see if the fault comes up again.
    If so disconnect wiring to one of the bells and try again, then do the same for the other bell.

• Advertisement

Seems to be working fine since with no repeat occurrence. Ill keep and eye on it to see what happens

Advertisement