Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Stores, Bishopstown Court branch

Options
  • 08-08-2018 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Hi,

Is there just a Dunnes in Bishopstown Court or is there a cafe or anything else? I need to go out to meet someone and if I'm early, wondering if there is somewhere to wait?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

There's both a Café Sol and a Timepiece Café there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

There's also O Brien's garage next door. They have seating inside and out and do some really nice food in their deli and hot couner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Went there recently, first time there since Supermacs & P
    apa John's opened and its ridden with flies, shame because I never saw this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

bogman wrote: »
    Went there recently, first time there since Supermacs & P
    apa John's opened and its ridden with flies, shame because I never saw this before.
    Where's that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

TheChizler wrote: »
    Where's that?

The Amber garage next to Dunnes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Oleander

Great stuff thanks. Won't be going near the Amber garage. Have since paid the Dunnes a visit and its good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,885 ✭✭✭sporina

Was in DS Bishopstown earlier - had never been before.. not a DS shopper - but had a go to Sheirdans and so had a good look around - wow impressive.. v much so.. still, popped into TS on the way back for some supplies.. lol.. but nah... its really cool - must go again and have a proper look around - see what takes my fancy

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

It's a great shop. Pretty new concept for Ireland, reminds me of something you would see in the states. Very lucky to have it as our local. Notice lately they are letting the place get a bit too busy though, can be uncomfortable in there at times taking social distancing into consideration.

Samhain wrote: »
    It's a great shop. Pretty new concept for Ireland, reminds me of something you would see in the states. Very lucky to have it as our local. Notice lately they are letting the place get a bit too busy though, can be uncomfortable in there at times taking social distancing into consideration.

Yep - i was impressed..
    Reminded me a little of Scally's SV in Clon.. gee wish I lived closer to it!
    Twas't too bad this morn thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I went in after work and it was packed even though they were only letting in a few at a time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

sporina wrote: »
    Yep - i was impressed..
    Reminded me a little of Scally's SV in Clon.. gee wish I lived closer to it!
    Twas't too bad this morn thankfully

I was General Manager in Scallys Clon and oversaw the move from the old store to the new one. Eugene flew the whole senior team out to Boston Roches ( no connection) to see how they did fresh before designing the new store. Massive leap in store design

I was General Manager in Scallys Clon and oversaw the move from the old store to the new one. Eugene flew the whole senior team out to Boston Roches ( no connection) to see how they did fresh before designing the new store. Massive leap in store design

wow - class store - why did you leave and where are you working now? apologies if too personal

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Was in DS Bishopstown earlier - had never been before.. not a DS shopper - but had a go to Sheirdans and so had a good look around - wow impressive.. v much so.. still, popped into TS on the way back for some supplies.. lol.. but nah... its really cool - must go again and have a proper look around - see what takes my fancy

What's TS?

What's TS?

tesco..

wow - class store - why did you leave and where are you working now? apologies if too personal

It was job done to be honest. I was placed there by Musgrave and had an amazing time but when the new store was finished it was time to move on. I'm not in retail any more, varied career, I'm back in IVF and loving it.

It was job done to be honest. I was placed there by Musgrave and had an amazing time but when the new store was finished it was time to move on. I'm not in retail any more, varied career, I'm back in IVF and loving it.

IVF?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭lalababa

What's TS?

Transsexual

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Quite a career change from retail to helping conceive babies! No wonder you're loving it!

ongarboy wrote: »
    Quite a career change from retail to helping conceive babies! No wonder you're loving it!

There's an element of delivery to both :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

What's TS?

Typescript

• Advertisement

Typescript

?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Acosta

Bloody he'll I've never seen that place as busy as it was earlier, even though there was someone on the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

Thursdays are a no-go up there for some reason. All older folks too...is Thursday pension day I wonder? ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Typescript

Nerd :D

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭112143

I love the place, they have the best scotch eggs that I can find in Cork, please let me know if any other place stocks fresh ones.
    The selection in there has always been awesome.
    They used to have an option to suggest items you would like to be stocked which I thought was class, all Dunnes might do this I'm not sure.
    The only problem I have is the queue for the tills, perhaps it's from using Lidl and Aldi for so long but I absolutely hate the checkouts in any Dunnes, it takes far to long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Acosta

112143 wrote: »
    The only problem I have is the queue for the tills, perhaps it's from using Lidl and Aldi for so long but I absolutely hate the checkouts in any Dunnes, it takes far to long.

That was as much people as I had been around in a indoor space since February last year. And even though they were all open it took ages. I think they were letting people in based on the clothing/homeware section being open, but there was only about 5 or 10% of the people in that section as most of the items are restricted and closed off.

Aldi in Bishopstown was pretty bad too. Has anyone ever seen them use that traffic light system or is it just for show?

My own fault for coming up and not staying out in the country were I belong.

Wednesday is the quietest day in there..

Truckermal wrote: »
    Wednesday is the quietest day in there..

There is no quiet day there anymore.

There is no quiet day there anymore.

I was there Wednesday gone at 2pm and it was very quiet I even got a spot outside the Door but I agree it's normally mental there.

• Advertisement

Truckermal wrote: »
    I was there Wednesday gone at 2pm and it was very quiet I even got a spot outside the Door but I agree it's normally mental there.

no advantage to that anymore as the exit is at the other end grr bloody covid

Advertisement