Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC VERY SLOW Last 24 Hours

Options
  • 08-08-2018 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

as stated above, I thought it was just Steam being laggy, so I reinstalled and still having issues, games are stuttery and impossible to play...but its the same thing on UPlay...loading times are impossibly long...Broadband speed fine....any ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

Check task manager for anything working in background. If you find cpu/memory usage in normal, check hdd, ram for errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

Check for a broadcast storm
    Has anyone plugged a network cable in one port to another port? This will cause so much traffic going round and round the router until it locks up with the amount of traffic looping.
    Have you got some screen recording software running?
    Dodgy cheap usb key from China?
    Some usb keys are so poor that they can slow down your computer
    Had a fake iPod nano that used to freeze it every time I tried to explore contents wouldnt take any ctrl alt delete until I just tipped the usb out.

Advertisement