Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Homeland Season 8 **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭lukin

Standman wrote: »
    Enjoyed that but credibility is being stretched to the limit with the president debacle.
    Apart from a small team of troops, the closest help is an hour away for the US president who ran into trouble on a pre-planned route in a warzone in the year 2020...

Yeah that was ridiculous but they had to do that to create the tension about getting the flight recorder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I don't think Ken Barlow's son is the bad guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Im struggling to remember but thought that chief of staff was portrayed last season as a bit dodgey, but it was red herring?... it was Keane herself who went off the rails. I was surprised to see him back either way.
    he was in a relationship with a Russian spy and now he is chief of staff?

he was in a relationship with a Russian spy and now he is chief of staff?

how many times has Carrie been taken back in after monumental f-ups lol?

Carrie trying to cover up the conversation with Yvevgeny will surely come into it.

Max obviously has to be still alive.

my guess is that the dying soldier beside him at the end shoots the Taliban man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

glasso wrote: »
    how many times has Carrie been taken back in after monumental f-ups lol?

Carrie trying to cover up the conversation with Yvevgeny will surely come into it.

Max obviously has to be still alive.

my guess is that the dying soldier beside him at the end shoots the Taliban man.
    carrie is background not a top official.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I don't think Ken Barlow's son is the bad guy.

Never knew that was his son

carrie is background not a top official.

she was special adviser (in same room as) to the president etc etc

moot point.

point is that in Homeland tv world it doesn't matter.

same applies to Saul etc.

it's only if you're a pedo like Dar Adal that you can't :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭corks finest

One of the best shows ever,along with the original "Wallander" and the swedish "The Bridge"

One of the best shows ever,along with the original "Wallander" and the swedish "The Bridge"

that's going a bit far in fairness

killed off a lot of its viewers with terrible seasons 2 and 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

It's Carrie who has been turned - or at least that is what the story so far is hinting at.
    She persuaded the president to come and meet the troops.
    She had a meeting with Yevgeny that nobody could listen in on.
    She went off script when the president was heading out to meet the troops.
    I can see all of this being used against her now and accusations being made. It would be quite the ending to the show if it ended with Carrie being (wrongly) found guilty of being turned!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Great episode last night, not your usual gung-ho american army stuff.
    These soldiers getting shot and been left behind.

I thought Max would've been getting that black box from the chopper without needing Carrie to bloody ring him and tell him to do it - rooting around in the president's body for bits and pieces and they getting overrun outside.

Surprised they didn't retreat straight away whille hauling the presidents body as best they could with them as soon as the Taliban showed up.

Good stuff though - Mandy Patinkin, the guy that plays Saul is a great actor

that's going a bit far in fairness

killed off a lot of its viewers with terrible seasons 2 and 3.

Na for me personally I loved it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

I have been following 'Homeland' for years but missed the last episode. Season 8 is a big improvement on previous seasons.
    Not sure how it will play out but I was thinking that the Russian guy clearly has an asset inside in order to get that note on to Carrie's desk, maybe the station chief who is not an Alpha. Could the Russians be trying to mess it up in order to keep the US there for another 20 years? I hope poor Max get some kind of medal for all his trouble over the years!

Dan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

6: Ah! I knew
    she'd be done for it!

Anyway..
    that felt like the only smart move for Haqqani to make. Probably he'd be done by his own or the ISI or his son.. or a a combo if he didn't.

Right at the end there
    as I watched yer wan Jenna, the other CIA agent, watching Carrie leave at the airport.. some kinda tingling about her possibly being the double agent the Russians have in the Kabul Station.

Max
    clearly going delerious from the gunshot wound from when he ran. Not sure but I think it was a through-and-through so maybe it's just infection in the wound. He's gonna need a doc though.

So Carrie and the Russians working together now....

Surely the Russians' own interests will come into play at some point before the end of this.

How are they going to construe the heli flight recorder (the red box) be found now that it's in the Afghan flea market system...?

"Haissam f###ing Haqqani at the west gate!"
    :D

• Site Banned Posts: 221 ✭✭SAM SO NITE

is this ****e still on? 8 seasons !!! my god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Slydice wrote: »

Right at the end there
    as I watched yer wan Jenna, the other CIA agent, watching Carrie leave at the airport.. some kinda tingling about her possibly being the double agent the Russians have in the Kabul Station.

Just watched it now. Yep, that's the vibe I got from her when she looked at Carrie. The writers must have felt we (the audience) needed to be pointed in the right (or wrong) direction as we head towards the finale. Assuming Jenna is the mole, then Yevgeny working with Carrie would imply that the Russians are not responsible for the assassinations. Carrie might still have been turned while in Russia but that might play out in another way.

They need to find that blackbox.

Still wondering about Haqqani's estranged son and the role of the ISI.

I'm enjoying this season more than the last couple. Much better pacing and the almost prescient portrayal of real world events in Afghanistan only serve to make it a must watch show for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭cmac2009

No, it finished last season, this thread is an elaborate hoax. Well done everybody, we got him. Back to the day jobs.

• Advertisement

Love it

I sure hope Carrie turns this around for herself as it is looking grim for her at the moment.

Dan.

8.7:
    F***********cck! Max is f*cked. I was all Do it Carrie, do-it, do-it do-it now! but then Yevgeny got her and I guess it makes sense. I can't see her or even her and Yevgeny being able take out all those guys with rifles. Didn't even look like homeland Yevgeny had a gun.
    Can't see how this isn't going to see the US dragged back into a War position.

Recommend: Don't watch the preview for episode 8.

cos
    it shows Max is in fact.. ok

oh, almost forgot.. I googled Kim Philby from that early moment in the episode:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Philby
    Harold Adrian Russell "Kim" Philby (1 January 1912 – 11 May 1988) was a British intelligence officer and a double agent for the Soviet Union
    In January 1963, having finally been unmasked as a Soviet agent, Philby defected to Moscow, where he lived out his life until his death in 1988.

Mr. Claire Danes makes his "long-awaited" appearance.
    Nice of his missus to get him a job, I thought nepotism only existed in RTE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

lukin wrote: »
    Mr. Claire Danes makes his "long-awaited" appearance.
    Nice of his missus to get him a job, I thought nepotism only existed in RTE.

Why would you think that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Not looking good for Max.

Why would you think that?

I'm just being smart. Maybe it wasn't nepotism although Hugh Dancy hasn't had a big role since Hannibal.

Not looking good for Max.

Seal Team 6 will bust in in the next ep and save his ass.

episode 7 - meh of an episode.

why would the Taliban just walk past a CIA woman to pick up the injured soldier?

suddenly the ISI are back onside.

warmonger adviser suddenly in the white house

lots of weird decisions in one episode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

best Homeland season ever? i think so

• Advertisement

fryup wrote: »
    best Homeland season ever? i think so

not for me.

season 4.

thought that the last episode in this season was fairly crap/ badly written

hopeful it will get back on form...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^

please no SPOILERS! (watching it at rte pace)

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^

please no SPOILERS! (watching it at rte pace)

I would suggest that you don't check the thread then - it does warn about spoilers in the thread title so it's not like you weren't warned.

just don't look at it.... just don't - a bit of self control!

RTE pace - lol - that's an oxymoron if I ever heard one - putting RTE and pace in the same phrase :pac:

better episode - liked the sharp about turn from the Afghan guy and the subsequent events that now threaten a ****-storm

also like the way they abruptly finished off Max also - he didn't have anything more to add to this season really so fair enough and it is the last season.

all threatening to degenerate into a royal sh1tshow now!

Haqqani's son is a cowardly little twerp - hope that he comes to a sticky end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

This is definitely the best season in a while. Claire Danes isn't even that annoying this season.

This is definitely the best season in a while. Claire Danes isn't even that annoying this season.

it is one of the better ones I think that most would agree yes for sure.

thankfully they seem to have skipped what was heretofore the seemingly mandatory 2 episode duration bi-polar meltdown.

first:
    - The homeland team sure has spent money on Helicopter hardware this season. That all looks like real machiney!
    - The homeland team also have gotten helicopter scenes down!

8.8: Hrmm..
    back to the feel of this season avoiding a war and going for the peace route again.
    Feels like the two key players will be Carrie getting the flight recorder and that other Taliban guy who was pushing for peace.
    Slydice wrote: »
    it shows Max is in fact.. ok
    Well done preview script-writers.. I wasn't expecting that!

I looked up Kompromat (although it became clear what it meant):
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kompromat
    In Russian culture, kompromat, short for "compromising material" is damaging information about a politician, a businessperson, or other public figure, used to create negative publicity, as well as for blackmail and extortion. Kompromat may be acquired from various security services, or outright forged, and then publicized by use of a public relations official. Widespread use of kompromat has been one of the characteristic features of the politics of Russia and other post-Soviet states.

Woah, Max getting smoked caught me by surprise I must admit. I was fully expecting him to be rescued. I did see that spoiler that was posted by someone who had seen the ep preview (I never watch those before a new ep).
    I think it was the way it happened more than anything. It was just done so casually, like stepping on a worm.
    Also Carrie pulling back at the end; for a while I thought there would be a shoot-out. I don't get why Yevgeny fired a shot in the air when he saw Carrie was under threat. He was outgunned big time, if that special ops team opened fire on him he wouldn't have stood a chance.
    I can only assume he has feelings for Carrie or else he wouldn't have put himself at risk like that. Carrie obviously doesn't trust Saul, she thinks he sold her out (even though he didn't).

Enjoying the season so far and I would agree it is one of the better ones. The story on the Afghan side is very good. However (and this is despite the current imcumbent!) I do feel the new POTUS is beyond pathetic and ruins that side of the story somewhat. It's just not believable that someone so unsure of his own mind could be in that position. The switching of speeches scene was especially maddening. If it were his own decision due to his own bull thickness (again the current incumbent springs to mind) it would be far more credible.
    Also one thing bugged me about the Jalal video and how it seemed to "change things". Did anyone seriously think that Haqqani himself show down the two helicopters? Surely the death sentence was because he ordered the shooting down - not that he actually did it himself! So his son boasting that he shot them down wouldn't really change anything would it - it was always believed to be the Taliban who did it. Or did I miss something there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Enjoying the season so far and I would agree it is one of the better ones. The story on the Afghan side is very good. However (and this is despite the current imcumbent!) I do feel the new POTUS is beyond pathetic and ruins that side of the story somewhat. It's just not believable that someone so unsure of his own mind could be in that position. The switching of speeches scene was especially maddening. If it were his own decision due to his own bull thickness (again the current incumbent springs to mind) it would be far more credible.
    Also one thing bugged me about the Jalal video and how it seemed to "change things". Did anyone seriously think that Haqqani himself show down the two helicopters? Surely the death sentence was because he ordered the shooting down - not that he actually did it himself! So his son boasting that he shot them down wouldn't really change anything would it - it was always believed to be the Taliban who did it. Or did I miss something there?

i think it was that haqani and his son were really on different sides. haqani wanted peace, his son didnt

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,565 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Seriously, how many times now has President Hayes just stormed out of the situation room?

Now Hugh Dancy, with his Conor McGregor beard/hair, has set the world on fire. Up the infidels and whatever you're having yourself.

With Max gone to the great gig in the sky, I now have an awful feeling a few more will be joining him. The opening credits and screenshots we have been seeing for a number of seasons seem to go along the lines of life flashing before Carrie's eyes.

Dan.

Saul has still got Carrie's back!

(just one clip - not an episode summary spoiler - safe to watch)

eh Trump anyone? Homeland always channels current events. They put the woman in as president the last time as it looked like Clinton was going to win. Now they have bs merchant relying on advisers completely.

doesn't know squat and constantly changing his story to make up for his uncertainty?

e.g.

eh Trump anyone? Homeland always channels current events. They put the woman in as president the last time as it looked like Clinton was going to win. Now they have bs merchant relying on advisers completely.

doesn't know squat and constantly changing his story to make up for his uncertainty?

e.g.

I did reference the current incumbent twice in my post! I still find this lad to lack any qualities at all. Trump is clueless but acts like he knows it all, this lad is clueless and acts clueless all the time.

I did reference the current incumbent twice in my post! I still find this lad to lack any qualities at all. Trump is clueless but acts like he knows it all, this lad is clueless and acts clueless all the time.

We don't see Trump behind the scenes like we do the guy in make-believe Tv land.

A weak president is one of the more believable things in this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 GCIREL

Hayes is ruining it for me a bit... big Bush head on him but loving the series apart from him so far... Max not being rescued actually shocked me a lot. I hate Carrie her crying face makes me want to box her face in but after series 7 I'm glad this seem good as 7 was ****e.

Erra this series has run out of steam, I kind of wish it was over.
    The first season was outstanding and some of the ones after it were decent but now it should really be put out of it's misery.

lukin wrote: »
    Erra this series has run out of steam, I kind of wish it was over.
    The first season was outstanding and some of the ones after it were decent but now it should really be put out of it's misery.

isn't that a bit redundant being that it is the last season so that is a fait accompli?

it was never the best show on tv (even season 1) but somehow did just about enough to keep one watching it (aside from seasons 2 and most especially 3 which were shyte - I stopped and went back to it later)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭dinorebel

With Max gone to the great gig in the sky, I now have an awful feeling a few more will be joining him. The opening credits and screenshots we have been seeing for a number of seasons seem to go along the lines of life flashing before Carrie's eyes.

What happened to Max's brother just seemed to disappear and not be mentioned.

Advertisement