Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Non-skinny/elasticated jeans (Men)

• 08-08-2018 7:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭

I need to buy multiple pairs of jeans as the multiple pairs I bought last time are wearing out.

Everything in the shops I'd usually buy in is elastane and skinny at some point - the least skinny ones hug my calves in a rather disturbing manner. Some of the shops I buy other clothes in don't go near my size - 38/34 (but do for other items - do they think larger guys go around like Donald Duck?

I don't, won't and never had the body for skinny jeans hence I haven't bought anything for about 6 years. I also refuse to show my ankle off unless I'm wearing shorts, which removes another block of options.

I'm willing to spend a reasonable enough amount on them and would prefer not to be going to Penneys or Dunnes if at all possible. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Try Next - I got a pair of the "loose" style jeans, very comfortable fitting, they go quite long too though I prefer them a little shorter so you don't get too much gathering on the shoe.

Only about €40 as well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

If you're ever near Kildare Village they have a Levi's outlet that's usually pretty good! They often have offers on if you're buying more than one pair.

Tommy Hilfiger also worth a look as well, they have good classic fits in the Tommy Hilfiger range (not Tommy Jeans range). Bit on the spendy side however!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

S.Oliver do your sizes and the type of fit you are looking for. I don't know if they are available outside independent shops in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Try Next - I got a pair of the "loose" style jeans, very comfortable fitting, they go quite long too though I prefer them a little shorter so you don't get too much gathering on the shoe.

Only about €40 as well.

Got these today - as you experienced they are extremely long. Actually had to buy the R leg length despite (according to some random website that could be bollox) in the top percentile for height in the UK which they're designing for and needing L basically everywhere else.

Were €53, only pair in the shop of that size and I had to go to a bigger Next to find any that big (Blanch vs. Liffey Valley). May order some more online.

Will keep the other suggestions in mind, I'm usually somewhere in Central Europe once or twice a year and s.Oliver is commonly found there anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They're cheaper online as they don't come with an unwanted not-actually-free belt. Wahey. Some colours are significantly cheaper.

• Advertisement
Advertisement