Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to escalate unsatisfactory mortgage interaction? Ombudsmen?

Options
  • 08-08-2018 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hello team

We are currently trying to draw down mortgage fund since last TThursday. They still have not beenbeen released and we now are at rreal rrisk of being ithout a home next week. How can I escescalate sthis? We were expecting to complete this friday.

Do I need to go to tthe financial ombudsman?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Tow

You have to make an official complaint to the bank first and let them deal with it. If you skip this stage the financial ombudsman will have no interest in your complaint.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 redwifey

Thanks Tow for letting me know. I have been complaining to the bank for the last number of weeks but not officially I suppose. I'll do that today.
    Thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Tow

It is very important to word your complaint as such. eg.   Dear XXX, I wish to make a formal complaint about ....

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi redwifey,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

We would like to help you with this, we're very disappointed to hear of the recent experience.

We have sent you a PM, can you reply back and we'll escalate this for you?

Many Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement