Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Luggage Allowance

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

So the second carry on bag for non priority customers is still free for booking before 1st sep and for travel before 1st nov and will be tagged to be put on hold? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

So the second carry on bag for non priority customers is still free for booking before 1st sep and for travel before 1st nov and will be tagged to be put on hold? Thanks

Yes. All flights before 1st November are still inclusive of two pieces of cabin luggage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Yes. All flights before 1st November are still inclusive of two pieces of cabin luggage.

Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Bebop

It seems that from Nov 1 if you buy the option of 2 cabin bags and priority, you can take your 10Kg cabin bag to the bag drop and avoid all the hassle of bringing liquids through security,
    I thought the limit used to be 20Kg?,
    If your bag is over that weight or does not fit into the bag gauge the charge goes up to €25, but they are still selling the €40 option for a heavier bag on the website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

€40 is for a 20kg bag. They always sell this for all flights.

If your bag is overweight you pay a per kilo fine of €10. Again standing practice going back years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Looks like those who booked previous to September 1st will receive a free checked 10kg bag or a refund on priority on bookings up to the end of the year:

https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-gives-free-10kg-check-bag-to-all-2m-non-priority-customers-who-booked-on-before-31-august-to-fly-after-1-november/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭trellheim

I find this really confusing has anyone got a tl'dr version of the new policy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

From my observations it appears that the price of a ticket per leg has dropped somewhere around €6.
    I was forced to rebook one ryanair flight because they changed the departure time and then went to look at my other reservations and if I cancel and rebook other flights(which I am entitled to do because of the change to conditions relating to baggage) I will save just under €6 per leg. It is just too much hassle for me to do this but it appears that Ryanair are genuinely dropping ticket prices(at least in the short term) and adding on for baggage to compensate.

Other observations: Flights to FRA are so cheap at the moment and must be below cost.

trellheim wrote: »
    I find this really confusing has anyone got a tl'dr version of the new policy ?

Base fare: One small personal item in cabin (e.g. backpack or something that fits under the seat)

Base fare + €6 priority: 10kg wheelie case + one small personal item both in cabin

Base fare + €8 checked bag: One small personal item in cabin + 10kg wheelie case checked in before security

These are the 3 options under the new policy beginning 1st November and for any booking placed after 1st September.

There's been some confusion around bookings made before 1st September for flights taking place after 1st November (as these were booked under the old policy) but it looks like they're aiming to alleviate this issue by giving folks on these bookings either a free 10kg check in bag or a refund on priority that was purchased after the policy change although I'd expect some teething issues until the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

grimm2005 wrote: »
    There's been some confusion around bookings made before 1st September for flights taking place after 1st November (as these were booked under the old policy) but it looks like they're aiming to alleviate this issue by giving folks on these bookings either a free 10kg check in bag or a refund on priority that was purchased after the policy change although I'd expect some teething issues until the new year.

I’ve a few of these in November that were booked before the announcement. Got an email for each flight

I can either:
    Pay €8 for priority
    Pay €10 for checkin
    Cancel for full refund but you must do within 14 days of you receiving their email

• Advertisement

mikemac2 wrote: »
    I’ve a few of these in November that were booked before the announcement. Got an email for each flight

I can either:
    Pay €8 for priority
    Pay €10 for checkin
    Cancel for full refund but you must do within 14 days of you receiving their email

I would hold off purchasing anything as it looks like they are adding these on for free based on this mornings announcement. If you don't see any changes in your bookings in the coming days, I'd try them on live chat.

Edit: I just received an email stating that a 10kg wheelie bag has been added to my flight in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

You are correct sir, last night I received new emails stating I get free 10kg checkin because I booked before the policy change was announced

Very happy :)

Advertisement