Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sales etc.

Options
  • 08-08-2018 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭

After a little over 5 years vaping, not sure how long I've been signed up here on boards under different guises,but I've noticed that I always get more responses to threads for sales etc here than anywhere else, I'm referring in particular to the numerous Facebook groups that I'm a member of both here and abroad.
    There has always been a sense of security in dealing with members on this forum and I can't recall one sale or purchase that went belly up on me.
    I know members here are also on various FB groups but this forum still has a more personal feel to it in a less personal way,if that makes sense.
    Anyway I don't know whether this is a rant or whether I'm becoming nostalgic in my old age but I suppose the bottom line is that out of all the social media outlets available for vapers this is probably still up there with the best and I still see members posting here that were active when I joined so that probably sums up just how important a forum such as this has been to new and old vapers.
    Long may it continue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

You've always been a top seller, I've bought from you a fair number of times and always been satisfied :)

I joined a number of those FB groups, but I hate FB as a platform in general, mostly only use it to share photos with friends and family. The vape groups can be very cliquey and tiresome, same old crap on them daily, after 5 years of vaping here too maybe we have just seen and heard it all. I used to watch dozens of vape reviews and podcasts too but barely any recently. Even though my interest has waned on all that over time I still very much enjoy my vape and my mixing, and I do appreciate a nice bit of gear - I don't feel the urge to upload close up pics of coils or my set up anymore and I'm certainly not a fanboy of any reviewer in particular. I don't feel I have the same obsession that those guys on their daily [or hourly for some of them it seems] do.

I agree, this forum has always been reliable, just looking through old pms reminds me that i have never had any issues buying, selling or just chit-chatting with anyone who's contacted me over the years. Now, the old Photography forum on this place is a whole nother story :D I'll leave that well in the past though [still banned lol!]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

To be fair it's not just for vaping for me.... A lot of my "big" purchases are researched on here. All my vape mods and tanks (some juice) but even my electronics. Bought a phone from China researched and recommended here. Even my car was researched here.

I think it is because nobody here has an ulterior motive. If you believe they may, you can check their previous posts. There are people like yourself OP that have a great reputation even though I don't know you from Adam.
    This site has some of the very best people on it. I once bought the mini snes off a very kind fella (brand new) from here. He wouldn't take anything more than cost price. Gave me the receipt and all in case there was any issues. It was around Xmas and he could have made an easy few quid. I brought him a tin of roses as he wouldn't even take an extra tenner.

Genuinely love a few forums on here....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

To be fair it's not just for vaping for me.... A lot of my "big" purchases are researched on here. All my vape mods and tanks (some juice) but even my electronics. Bought a phone from China researched and recommended here. Even my car was researched here.

I think it is because nobody here has an ulterior motive. If you believe they may, you can check their previous posts. There are people like yourself OP that have a great reputation even though I don't know you from Adam.
    This site has some of the very best people on it. I once bought the mini snes off a very kind fella (brand new) from here. He wouldn't take anything more than cost price. Gave me the receipt and all in case there was any issues. It was around Xmas and he could have made an easy few quid. I brought him a tin of roses as he wouldn't even take an extra tenner.

Genuinely love a few forums on here....

WHAT :eek: ????.......Ye mean to tell me you haven't bought anything off me yet? :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

WHAT :eek: ????.......Ye mean to tell me you haven't bought anything off me yet? :D;)

Your wares are typically far too advanced for my ilk...... Recently been keeping an eye on your posts for a smok alien mod.... Got one? Hahaha

Your wares are typically far too advanced for my ilk...... Recently been keeping an eye on your posts for a smok alien mod.... Got one? Hahaha

Now that you mention it :D ...... Only joking,I haven't had one in a while but if your ever stuck for something similar drop me a pm and I'll let you know what I have. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Seems to be way more time wasters on the FB pages.

Everything is more straightforward here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

You can get much better than the Smok Alien at this stage to be fair.

But as for the original topic, I'd only consider buying secondhand from here, FB wouldn't ever be considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,227 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

To be fair there's feck all moderation on some facebook pages. Some of them are just nasty.

Grayson wrote: »
    To be fair there's feck all moderation on some facebook pages. Some of them are just nasty.

Yes I'd agree with you on that, one of my greatest annoyances is the number of FB groups that have been setup as chat/sales groups but are in essence only promoting the business of the person that sets them up,whether it's a vape franchise or a review channel. There are a couple of genuine independent groups that don't appear to be affiliated to any type of business and they are constantly active and have large membership,based primarily in the US though.
    I would have liked to see 1 active group here but unfortunately there are too many with basically the same membership spread through them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,227 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Yes I'd agree with you on that, one of my greatest annoyances is the number of FB groups that have been setup as chat/sales groups but are in essence only promoting the business of the person that sets them up,whether it's a vape franchise or a review channel. There are a couple of genuine independent groups that don't appear to be affiliated to any type of business and they are constantly active and have large membership,based primarily in the US though.
    I would have liked to see 1 active group here but unfortunately there are too many with basically the same membership spread through them all.

When I started vaping there were a few I was warned to stay away from. I checked them out but there was so much petty bickering and some were, as you said, were just shouting down the competition. This forum is far, far nicer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭MHP

I'm surprised that there isn't yet a vaping newsgroup on Usenet.

Advertisement