Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement mattress Chicco next to me ??

Options
  • 08-08-2018 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hi- first Chicco next to me mattress was used two years ago for first baby. Is it recommended to get a new mattress every time? If so, where would I get a replacement?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Hi- first Chicco next to me mattress was used two years ago for first baby. Is it recommended to get a new mattress every time? If so, where would I get a replacement?

Look on ebay or amazon. There are companies who make replacements.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭StarBright01

Millem wrote: »
    Brilliant thanks for that! Just wasn't sure what the rules were and getting new mattresses for each baby but best purchase just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Millem wrote: »
    Brilliant thanks for that! Just wasn't sure what the rules were and getting new mattresses for each baby but best purchase just in case.
    Yeah I buy all new mattresses including pram one tbh!
    I got my bugaboo replacement one from “little green sheep” but dispatched from amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Could you let me know what you find, starbright? I need to sort this too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

I got one on Amazon from an English company, think it was called Suzy? About 500 reviews, majority very good. It was about €30 all in if I remember and it fits the Next to me perfectly. We only got the next to me on our second baby so this is my first time changing it but we have our cotbed since our first child was born, changed the mattress when our second came along and are changing it this time again.
    It’s recommended to change the mattress for each child because of spit up and other liquid in the fibres.

• Advertisement

Could you let me know what you find, starbright? I need to sort this too!

Ended up purchasing from Amazon, it hasn't arrived yet so I'll keep you posted on quality!

Has anyone used a cocoonababy or sleepyhead in the Chicco next to me for the early weeks? LO was a bit lost in it at the beginning so want to get something to make second baby a bit cosier!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Has anyone used a cocoonababy or sleepyhead in the Chicco next to me for the early weeks? LO was a bit lost in it at the beginning so want to get something to make second baby a bit cosier!

I would steer clear, personally, as those things carry an increased risk of SIDS. We just swaddled baby nice and snug and he was happy

Advertisement