Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giant TCR Advanced Pro

Options
  • 08-08-2018 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

Hi

Does anybody have experience with this bike? The reviews all look great, I took it for a test spin recently and liked it but I’ve since learned that carbon wheels, which it has, are very expensive to replace and the rim breaks may perform very poorly in the wet. So although I like the bike this aspect of it is putting me off.

Just wondering if it’s best avoided because of this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

who_ru wrote: »
    Hi

Does anybody have experience with this bike? The reviews all look great, I took it for a test spin recently and liked it but I’ve since learned that carbon wheels, which it has, are very expensive to replace and the rim breaks may perform very poorly in the wet. So although I like the bike this aspect of it is putting me off.

Just wondering if it’s best avoided because of this.

You’re going splashing out mega money on a bike and didnt know anything about carbon wheels ?
    Yes they don’t stop as efficiently as alloy or disc rims but I’ve descended at speed in races and lived to tell the tale , you get used to them .
    Did you know you can also buy different wheels for it , I wouldn’t let wheels determine the purchase of a bike when throwing a few grand at it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

I have a TCR Advanced Pro 1, got it 2 years ago, no issues at all,

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

If it says giant on the side your fairly safe the Toyota of bikes great bike great value won’t let you down giant own brand carbon wheels are as good if not better then any of the top off the shelve brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Hi

I’ve opted for the Defy advanced pro 1 instead. Disc brakes will add some confidence in the wet. More of an endurance bike and suited to Irish road surfaces. Not sure about the tubeless set up. See how it goes.

Need to get some accessories like fenders, chain catcher, repair stand, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭rayman1

Very nice bike. I have an older version of the Giant Defy Advanced Pro 1 and it has been great. Never had a problem with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement