Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mobile home vs touring caravan

• 09-08-2018 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here have experience of both ..
    I am seperated father of one and im looking at investing at getting a caravan or a mobile home ..
    My young fella loves the water and cycling and we both love coastal holdays in ireland not a big fan of the sun holidays .
    Im trying to add up the benefits of caravan versus mobile home ..
    with the caravan i know it will be cheaper and the young fella loves staying in them ..plus u get to move around ..
    with the mobile home u get stability ..get to stay in a better site ..the young fella will make friends on site ..
    Both have advantages

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

Contact the irish caravan club, they organise regular meet ups, all over , and would have the same bunch of kids meeting to make friends .They would also steer you to getting a good caravan at the right price.

Iccc.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭freddie1970

Bigus wrote: »
    Contact the irish caravan club, they organise regular meet ups, all over , and would have the same bunch of kids meeting to make friends .They would also steer you to getting a good caravan at the right price.

Iccc.ie

Thanks i never thought of that

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭freddie1970

do any sites let you park a caravan long term ..and if they do is it expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,642 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

We have a caravan and find it great, get about loads and enjoy plenty of Irish and French sites, you have the option to go abroad when you want.

Winter storage is a thing you need to consider, we have free indoors storage but it can be costly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭nailer8

Personally I like the variety of staying in different sites all the time. But the kids making friends aspect is attractive .

there are lots of sites where you can park up your caravan for the entire season.

I know people who have a caravan in Bayview in Dungarvan for the season and also in Eaglepoint in Cork both excellent sites. I don’t know the cost but it’s definitely a lot cheaper than a mobile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

do any sites let you park a caravan long term ..and if they do is it expensive
    Varies massively depending on location usually you can only use the caravan for a certain number of months per year after that its considered in storage. You can also keep it at your house for up to six months of the year by planning laws.

Advertisement