Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posts not deleted after 7 days

Options
  • 09-08-2018 8:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Hi, I put in a request that my posts and account be deleted as per the new gdpr regulations in the email I received from boards it said this process would take 7 days that was on the 30th of June it is now 10 days later and my posts are still visible.

I hope I have asked this in the right section.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi RHJ,
    The email actually says that you have 7 days in which to change your mind. We are obliged to remove the data within 30 days from your request. You will receive an email once this has happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

Hi RHJ,
    The email actually says that you have 7 days in which to change your mind. We are obliged to remove the data within 30 days from your request. You will receive an email once this has happened.

Thanks, Niamh sorry about the misunderstanding on my part.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi RHJ,

I've just looked into this. Your request was scheduled on Friday, August 3rd to run on Monday, August 6th. The tool seems to lock in on posts published from before it was scheduled, so any posts between that date and when the process runs are omitted. Your posts prior to August 3rd have been deleted and will be erased from your "Find all posts by" soon - we break it up like this to allow for checks to be done. I hope that clears things up.

Advertisement