Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential new job in Novartis, where to live?

Options
  • 09-08-2018 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

As above potential new job in Novartis and im clueless as to where to begin looking for somewhere to rent. I aware its crazy up there so maybe looking to share first off i guess although not keen on that really. Im looking for somewhere with a bit of life (pubs, restaurants and generally a nice vibe) and safe.
    Any recommendations? Im coming from the west so not familar with any of the areas near Novartis. A commute within 30 mins would be nice i guess. Sorry for the probably really broad question Any questions let me know.

Oh prob should add in, would somewhere on the dart line be good commute wise as will rely on public transport?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

One question: Where exactly is your work location for Novartis?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

zweton wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

As above potential new job in Novartis and im clueless as to where to begin looking for somewhere to rent. I aware its crazy up there so maybe looking to share first off i guess although not keen on that really. Im looking for somewhere with a bit of life (pubs, restaurants and generally a nice vibe) and safe.
    Any recommendations? Im coming from the west so not familar with any of the areas near Novartis. A commute within 30 mins would be nice i guess. Sorry for the probably really broad question Any questions let me know.

Oh prob should add in, would somewhere on the dart line be good commute wise as will rely on public transport?
    I would certainly stay south of the Liffey
    If I was you I would try and get somewhere in Ranelagh Milltown or along the Luas Green line to Dundrum. You would then have the option of a healthy walk each day or a Luas trip if needed. Getting accommodation can be difficult but if in employment etc givez you an advantage but of course it can be dear. There's no point being out in the far suburbsif you hqve a journey for all your social activity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

D4 is on the DART line. You could look at D5 for a short commute and cheaper accomadation.

• Advertisement

Melendez wrote: »

yeah, i think 2k is the max i want to pay. Not sure if these are over that price?

D4 is on the DART line. You could look at D5 for a short commute and cheaper accomadation.

yip will consider D5 also, daft listing only 7 places to rent in D5 :eek:

im going to struggle i think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

Yeah I've heard it's mental, our housemate needs to move a mate in for a few weeks while she finds something and she's just looking for a room. It's a nice spot though if you can find somewhere, nearer the dart in Kilbarrack and Harmonstown is a bit more lively though so Kilester and Raheny (or Clontarf) are the better bets.

Melendez wrote: »

That's very nice and quite reasonable for the location/accomodation.

• Advertisement

Yeah I've heard it's mental, our housemate needs to move a mate in for a few weeks while she finds something and she's just looking for a room. It's a nice spot though if you can find somewhere, nearer the dart in Kilbarrack and Harmonstown is a bit more lively though so Kilester and Raheny (or Clontarf) are the better bets.

they would be over 30 mins commute though from where working. I know south side prob makes more sense but want to open up my options to anywhere along dart line. I guess 40 mins wouldnt be the worst provided it was door to door.

Meant to add my wife would be moving up within a month or two of me starting so i guess a share doesnt make sense first off.

https://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-rent/raheny/foxfield-road-raheny-dublin-1859716/

+Housemate at c.600 per month plus bills. That's a cracking place walkable to the beach and great cycle track to St Ann's park + most way into D4. About ten minutes walk to the DART.

Advertisement