Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Create image for facebook

Options
  • 09-08-2018 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

When using Facebook Business Pages

I create an image in Photoshop 600*335 pixels, 72dpi with a blue background and white text. Save as PNG and JPEG, both under 100kb.

(I have tried with 300dpi also - same result)

Copy website site address to the business page page which bring up the website preview and then I replace the preview image with one of the images I made above.

Image is blurry around the text, it's looks bad. What can I do to fix this? I see other similar images that are much better on Facebook.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭KBD85

Nugget89 wrote: »

I can't see any mention about the best file format to use. Any advice there?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

KBD85 wrote: »
    I can't see any mention about the best file format to use. Any advice there?

I'd suggest jpg, but it shouldn't make much difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 theWebAdvisor

If you want to look at either Canva or Pixteller, they will have the correct layout and size for this. You can upload your own assets eg logo etc. They are quick and easy systems to learn. Both have free/trial levels.
    Regards
    Ian

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Facebook has been known to change the recommended image size for this fairly regularly but for tips on that, always keep an eye on their developer pages!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭KBD85

When I upload a PNG directly to a Facebook page it displays as good quality.

When I use the same PNG to change the webpage preview the quality of the image goes to hell.

I would like to be able to have clickable links/images but of a reasonable quality when I change the image in the preview.

Any hope of being able to do this?

Advertisement