Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

Edgware wrote: »
    No. You continue your do gooding

He s a friend of mine who I consider my equal 'no do gooding ' going on at all but thanks anyway

Maybe it’s because no one begrudges hard grafters their lifestyles whereas leeches who want everything handed to them without them having to lift a finger, are treated with contempt.

All hail Bono and Jimmy Carr yeah?

Dannyriver wrote: »
    All hail Bono and Jimmy Carr yeah?

I've never heard anyone "begrudging" Jimmy Carr..No one begrudges Dara O Briain (apart maybe from having an extra i in his name), or Dylan Moran say..No one begrudges Cillian Murphy say, or Pierce Brosnan..(I pulled up Irish actors and comedians on google..)..No one begrudges Gary Lightbody, or Neil Hannon..

People do probably begrudge Bono..and maybe Geldof..and, of course, your mate with the vision impairment..

What do they have in common I wonder?..What insight could we possibly glean into this whole phenomenon of Irish begrudgery that you speak of, which plagues us as a nation..

I've never heard anyone "begrudging" Jimmy Carr..No one begrudges Dara O Briain (apart maybe from having an extra i in his name), or Dylan Moran say..No one begrudges Cillian Murphy say, or Pierce Brosnan..(I pulled up Irish actors and comedians on google..)..No one begrudges Gary Lightbody, or Neil Hannon..

People do probably begrudge Bono..and maybe Geldof..and, of course, your mate with the vision impairment..

What do they have in common I wonder?..What insight could we possibly glean into this whole phenomenon of Irish begrudgery that you speak of, which plagues us as a nation..

What have all those other people got to do with my post , were they found out to be cleverly avoiding tax as well? I don t know how I missed all that. Very disappointing I like all those people.

What have all those other people got to do with my post , were they found out to be cleverly avoiding tax as well? I don t know how I missed all that. Very disappointing I like all those people.

Just got a sense of déja vu..thought I was reading the Blindboy thread from a couple of weeks ago..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,800 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Civilized modern societies who encourage their citizens to upskill in order to benefit all in the long run.

Shame he couldn't have been encouraged to avail of our education services first time around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Shame he couldn't have been encouraged to avail of our education services first time around.

Do you not think it's a good thing that people are given a second chance?

Just got a sense of déja vu..thought I was reading the Blindboy thread from a couple of weeks ago..

No problem I understand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

To be fair I know a lot of people who dropped out of school for various reason, e.g mental health and/or bullying, major illness and have later succeeded thanks to BTEA and Vtos. Secondary school doesn't suit everyone hence why there's Youthreach programs run by the Vec' in every county. It's to be commended someone going back to education to upskill. Best of luck to the person

Do you not think it's a good thing that people are given a second chance?

Absolutely I do, as long as they have genuine reasons for not taking their first chance.

Considering the travelling communitie's attitude towards education, I doubt if this was the case here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Another media luvvy having his say. Sean's type should house the kids out in his plush pad out in Sutton if he wants

https://twitter.com/SeanMoncrieff/status/1035764466368086016?s=19

Absolutely, as long as they have genuine reasons for not taking their first chance.

Considering the travelling communitie's attitude towards education, I doubt if this was the case here.

That's because, like so many on this thread, you're a massive racist.

Mod-Banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Avoiding tax?

I don’t k is one person who ever paid more tax than they legally had to.

There is nothing wrong with tax avoidance once it’s legal.

You’re mixing it up with tax evasion.

• Site Banned Posts: 210 ✭✭Sardine

I had a perfectly reasonable post deleted for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Another media luvvy having his say. Sean's type should house the kids out in his plush pad out in Sutton if he wants

I am normally a very compassionate person, but after a few dozen negative encounters with the traveller community some of which have been extremely violent I find it very hard to sympathize with them in any way.

*yawn*

Can you imagine 100% social house build right next to this leftie dimwit.

I’m sure he would be out welcoming his new neighbours.

Moncrieff is basically saying "yeah yeah yeah whatever shut up with your bloody facts" to those of us who doubt her.

*yawn*

G'way with your *yawn* - if you make that kind of assumption, based solely on someone's ethnicity, you're a racist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Vizzy

G'way with your *yawn* - if you make that kind of assumption, based solely on someone's ethnicity, you're a racist.

Do you think that the person took the first chance ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Ah Sean, right-on to a fault. The self appointed arbiter of righteousness always ready with an on message sneer at those who dare question his media pals.

Vizzy wrote: »
    Do you think that the person took the first chance ?

I've no idea - although it might be fair to assume that they were a child at the time, and therefore are deserving of a second chance at education.

Some claimed that she had refused a permanent house in July, that she has been on the housing list since she was a teenager; that her husband is in prison.

This isn't a claim, it's a solid fact. What a ridiculous article?!?

Avoiding tax?

I don’t k is one person who ever paid more tax than they legally had to.

There is nothing wrong with tax avoidance once it’s legal.

You’re mixing it up with tax evasion.

You ve proven my point by missing my point , not once on this thread have I defended welfare cheats my beef is with those that think it's ok to give a free pass to rich people costing the exchequer by abusing the system legally [tax avoidance] and yet demonise others who abuse the system legally [Margaret Cash] Its all legal , I'm sure we all agree that upholding the law is essential to any civilised democracy.

I've no idea - although it might be fair to assume that they were a child at the time, and therefore are deserving of a second chance at education.

Do you think a thirteen year old child has the autonomy to decide if education is a good option or should it be a decision for the parents?

• Advertisement

Sardine wrote: »
    This isn't a claim, it's a solid fact. What a ridiculous article?!?
    Dont mind old Sean, he's a dedicated connoisseur of his own farts who has taken up permanent residence in his own colon. People like him are terrified of openingly admitting that some people game the system to a professional level because that would mean a dent to his middle-class leftist notion of the "noble poor". It's far easier to label those asking questions as nasty fascists devoid of compassion for those whose lives they fund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Why would you assume that they were a child at the time, and even if they were, why do you assume they are deserving of a second chance ?

I can tell you now he didn t take advantage the first time round but he was also never in the one place long enough to avail of it and also as a child didn t want to be around those who referred to him as 'a smelly tinker'. Now that he is older and through interaction with the settled community [mainly musicians] he realises the importance of education and all 3 of his children who are under 12 can read and write and what you and I take for granted with our own kids brings tears to his eyes. Through encouragement from me and friends of mine he wants the same for himself. And he s a ****ing hero in my eyes for what he has achieved against the odds and anyone who begrudges him this chance is half the man he is as far as I'm concerned. And those that label me a do gooder for helping him on his journey are just highlighting the fact that they see themselves as being superior, it might not be racist but it certainly deserves reflection on their part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Sean Moncrieff is part of "Angry Ireland" - not the people questioning this story.

Do you think a thirteen year old child has the autonomy to decide if education is a good option or should it be a decision for the parents?

I think life can be messy and complex, and people shouldn't be punished for decisions made (either by themselves or their parents) when they were children - not least because of the knock-on-effect that can often have on their children... and their children's children, etc. That's also why I believe Margaret Cash's children should be provided with a stable home - which will hopefully give them an opportunity to get a stable education, which will hopefully mean that they won't end up in the same situation as their parents. Although I note that some people on here have written them off already, which is sad.
    Vizzy wrote: »
    Why would you assume that they were a child at the time, and even if they were, why do you assume they are deserving of a second chance ?

Because they were 13, which is legally a child. And because the idea that people don't deserve a second chance seems terribly harsh and uncivilised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

There not a race of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

Melendez wrote: »
    In so far as one is still a net contributor and one still a net beneficiary, there is a distinct difference.

edit: and most people are not vilifying her for claiming her entitlements but rather staging the transparently disingenuous publicity stunt in the Garda station using her children as pawns. They are vilifying
    her for refusing reasonable offers of accommodation in order to get what she wants over the needs of others. They are vilifying a SW system which encourages grotesque levels of entitlement and life long and mutli generational dependency on other people's money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭facehugger99

tomofson wrote: »
    I am normally a very compassionate person, but after a few dozen negative encounters with the traveller community some of which have been extremely violent I find it very hard to sympathize with them in any way.

Hmm, seems like you might be the common denominator.

Do you go out looking for trouble?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

You do realize some have jobs where they will encounter them quite often.

Your obviously one that isn't in one of those jobs.

And yet you vilify someone who claims benefits they can legally claim. There really is no difference to society.

Nope she changed her status to single the day after her extravaganza of a scam.

Now is back with the jailbird.

That my friend is benefit fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

No I don't, most of this happened on public transport and a couple on journeys to hospitals.

The degree of negativity differs from incident to incident, some of it just nasty name calling, a couple psychical attack.

I hate having to come into contact with these people because every single encounter has been negative.

You know to me personally Sean moncrieff and Miriam o Callaghan are the type of people I despise more than Margaret Cash.

They would sneer and look down their noses at cash if they saw her in a restaurant or a bar.

But they know she is their bread and butter in terms of their career so they put on the crocodile tears on air and pretend they care.

At least us here are honest in what we think. And maybe we might have the conviction to follow it through if we ever met her.

But these snakes in the grass will use and manipulate her to get the popularity for their career.

The lowest of the low, snakes in the grass.

You made that up. You have no idea what her official status is with social welfare. That, my friend, is dishonesty.

Made what up??

• Advertisement

That she changed her status to single with social welfare. You have no access to her dealings with social welfare.

Em she publicly stated she wasn’t with the father anymore.

I’m presuming she informed social welfare of this otherwise it’s fraud??????

Bang next thing she gets her free house and he’s back on the scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

That she changed her status to single with social welfare. You have no access to her dealings with social welfare.

But she publicly claimed she was a lone parent and not in a relationship with her husband .

Fact .

So ........

So you admit you are a liar?

You are some goal post mover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Can you think of any other reason she might of said that?

Fraud

Publicity

Fraud

Trying to skip the top of the housing list

Fraud

Sympathy

Lies

Fraud

Have i missed anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Damien360

If you do not have certain knowledge she claimed benefits she was not entitled to claim you are a liar.

You do not have certain knowledge,[/quote]

You have to stop using the entitled word as it is a red flag to a bull.

Legally she is entitled but morally and in the opinion of many taxpayers here, it is utterly reprehensible that she takes this money. Not just here but as I said before, she has made herself the current poster boy/girl for the entire waste in the social welfare system.

Time and time again, posters ask why someone who has contributed absolutely nothing to the tax system (which in theory is designed to benefit all) but takes in tax return far and away more in return than anyone else is getting a low to medium income.

Her current earnings from other PAYE taxpayers and many like her are funding a lifestyle many cannot afford. That is morally wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement