Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Melendez wrote: »
    I realise as a social welfare sponger yourself, who presents themselves on the social welfare forum as the absolute guru

I'm not on social welfare

I have two jobs .

(Fail )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

Anyone can check your posting history. You are a complete hypocrite.

I have previously been on social welfare ,
    Don't even have a medical card.

And now I'm in employment with 2 jobs do you have a an actual point .

Actually what has my previous social welfare payment got to do with this discussion ,on someone who's scamming the system while publicly lieing about her situation and previous situations

It would be interesting to find out how much tax you think you have to pay before you are contributing to the likes of Ms Cash.
    , the likes of Gatling will assert that the likes of him would be able to gouge even more off the taxpayer if it wasn't for the likes of her.

The likes of Gatling the taxpayer with two jobs so he can keep a roof over family's head and food on the table .

(Must doing something wrong then )

• Advertisement

Maybe you should bow before her

Bow before her ,did you actually say

Bow before her ,

Are you on crack like seriously .

You think people should worship this bone iddled layabout who's scamming people left right and centre with her lies .

Ah here I've lost all hope in humanity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Damien360

It would be interesting to find out how much tax you think you have to pay before you are contributing to the likes of Ms Cash. I reckon a working adult has to pay the bones of €40,000 per annum in tax during their working life just to pay for their share of the basic state services that they will benefit from during their lifetime. Only a small portion of the population actually will manage to pay this to the state. I'm sure that small proportion will include absolutely everybody on here that claims they are paying for Ms Cash. Of course, the likes of Gatling will assert that the likes of him would be able to gouge even more off the taxpayer if it wasn't for the likes of her.[/quote]

I'm not sure you understood what I posted. She is the poster boy/girl for this wrong system.

The issue is not just one person but the absolute belief that there are many others just like her. Plenty has been posted here and in other publications to show this is true. Mainstream media chooses to ignore this for political correctness reasons.

When you read about lack of adequate funding for a service like ambulances/schools/health (all these are for all citizens) then you must look at the waste that is in the social welfare system. She has made herself the poster girl for this waste. Her lifestyle is being funded without any contribution. That is money not well spent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

I realise as a social welfare sponger yourself, who presents themselves on the social welfare forum as the absolute guru on how a person can claim every conceivable benefit that they might be able to scrounge off the taxpayer, that you might feel your position has been usurped by a young starling who has managed to outclaim even you without your many years of study and experience. There is not one jot of evidence that it has been done fraudulently. Maybe you should bow before her and try and learn from her.
    Wow! So much bs from you. Tell me again which charity organisation you work with?

Full disclosure needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Someone needs to call in and say 'gyar I'm an angry widow form Tallaght and if you come back here I'm going to put a spell (sic) on you"

They are highly superstitious about widows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

tomofson wrote: »
    I am normally a very compassionate person, but after a few dozen negative encounters with the traveller community some of which have been extremely violent I find it very hard to sympathize with them in any way.

Ah you didnt give them a chance

• Site Banned Posts: 210 ✭✭Sardine

Money Mags Ca$h 1 - 0 Working public

Media will not let people have views on this nor will politicians speak out. Tax increases to fund this type of things on the way. Well played Mags.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Someone needs to call in and say 'gyar I'm an angry widow form Tallaght and if you come back here I'm going to put a spell (sic) on you"

They are highly superstitious about widows.

How about widowers ??

Sure we lost the sainted mother 25 years ago and am sure me arl fella could give them a scare ?

He worked from 15 so perhaps that in itself would terrify them!!!!

I often wonder why the SJWs who were so adamant on various issues including this, wearing repeal t-shirts, gay marriage etc., aren't focusing on how awful women in the travelling community are treated.
    81% of them have faced physical abuse from partners. They're not allowed stay in school because they'll be mixing with non-travellers. They're forced into marriages. They don't work. They're not allowed with anyone outside of the community.
    It's basically Sharia law.
    Meanwhile any mentioned of a Burkha or Islam etc gets people fired up on these boards. No one seems to care about how poorly travellers are treated. I do feel some sympathy for Mags having grown up in that society, she never really had a chance.

So why do we allow the medieval treatment of Traveller women to happen? Why don't the usual SJWs care?
    I'll tell you why - it's the least sexiest cause in the world and no one wants anything to do with travellers! Plus they'd have to call out traveller men, do so at your peril.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/traveller-women-30-times-more-likely-to-suffer-domestic-violence-report-1.707916

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/traveller-women-shocked-at-research-into-rape-and-abuse-1.780043

https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/en/file/6231/download?token=XyDGlOUh

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2009/aug/14/gypsies-travellers-domestic-abuse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,351 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Sardine wrote: »
    I often wonder why the SJWs who were so adamant on various issues including this, wearing repeal t-shirts, gay marriage etc., aren't focusing on how awful women in the travelling community are treated.
    81% of them have faced physical abuse from partners. They're not allowed stay in school because they'll be mixing with non-travellers. They're forced into marriages. They don't work. They're not allowed with anyone outside of the community.
    Meanwhile any mentioned of a Burkha or Islam etc gets people fired up on these boards. No one seems to care about how poorly travellers are treated. I do feel some sympathy for Mags having grown up in that society, she never really had a chance.

So why do we allow the medieval treatment of Traveller women to happen? Why don't the usual SJWs care?
    I'll tell you why - it's the least sexiest cause in the world and no one wants anything to do with travellers! Plus they'd have to call out traveller men, do so at your peril.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/traveller-women-30-times-more-likely-to-suffer-domestic-violence-report-1.707916

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/traveller-women-shocked-at-research-into-rape-and-abuse-1.780043

https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/en/file/6231/download?token=XyDGlOUh

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2009/aug/14/gypsies-travellers-domestic-abuse

I'm no SJW but I did vote for gay marriage and have a couple of repeal tshirts and hoodies and paraphernalia.

I don't care about traveller women rights to be honest as they are all travellers and decide to live the lives they live. Anyone deciding to live in a caravan and enforce that life on their children when you can get a free house (as this thread shows) then, well, it speaks for itself really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

It has always baffled me - I work with a fairly militant feminist who has consulted with Pavee Point, I asked her how she squared that with the treatment of traveller women and the high incidences of domestic violence and near forced marriage.

"We can't tell other cultures that they are wrong, we must accept it".

She's said similar about FGM too. It's maddening.

ELM327 wrote: »
    I'm no SJW but I did vote for gay marriage and have a couple of repeal tshirts and hoodies and paraphernalia.

I don't care about traveller women rights to be honest as they are all travellers and decide to live the lives they live. Anyone deciding to live in a caravan and enforce that life on their children when you can get a free house (as this thread shows) then, well, it speaks for itself really.

I just meant with the Repeal thing that the t-shirts etc made it become a Cause Celibré. Traveller women will never be that.
    But I don't think the women decide to get the sh*t kicked out of them by their neanderthal husbands, or get married off at 15. That's a toxic culture that needs intervention yet no one bloody cares.

I just meant with the Repeal thing that the t-shirts etc made it become a Cause Celibré. Traveller women will never be that.
    But I don't think the women decide to get the sh*t kicked out of them by their neanderthal husbands, or get married off at 15. That's a toxic culture that needs intervention yet no one bloody cares.

They decide it for themselves though
    Normal lives are available but they refuse to accept it, instead living on the fringes of society while those of us in the real world fund them - either by taxation or through their nefarious activities.

No sympathy from me at all. Literally could not care less. Sorry if that's not politically correct or offends some bleeding heart SJW.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

That's because, like so many on this thread, you're a massive racist.

I don’t really give a shįte what the equality act says about their ethnicity, they are not a race...the only thing that distinguishes them from the rest of us is their talent for theft and wreaking general havoc, looking for benefits and doing sweet f*ck all other than the aforementioned.
    Mod-Banned

Normal lives are available but they refuse to accept it, instead living on the fringes of society while those of us in the real world fund them - either by taxation or through their nefarious activities.

No sympathy from me at all. Literally could not care less. Sorry if that's not politically correct or offends some bleeding heart SJW.

SJWs don't seem to care about the treatment of women by Traveller men, that was my point!
    Anyway if you read the Guardian link, one girl speaks of trying to leave over and over but the guy kept dragging her back. I'm not sure if normal lives are available tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

It has always baffled me - I work with a fairly militant feminist who has consulted with Pavee Point, I asked her how she squared that with the treatment of traveller women and the high incidences of domestic violence and near forced marriage.

"We can't tell other cultures that they are wrong, we must accept it".

She's said similar about FGM too. It's maddening.

The Bigotry of Low Expectations.

It's ****ing disgraceful....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

SJWs don't seem to care about the treatment of women by Traveller men, that was my point!
    Anyway if you read the Guardian link, one girl speaks of trying to leave over and over but the guy kept dragging her back. I'm not sure if normal lives are available tbh.
    Once the eighth is off the books, I think Traveller women's lives will be able to improve.

Igotadose wrote: »
    Once the eighth is off the books, I think Traveller women's lives will be able to improve.

Why? The only people getting abortions will be the girls trying to advance their education and careers etc. Jacinta and Sharon and Mary Margaret won't be the ones at the clinics.

Igotadose wrote: »
    Considering they are the last bastion of staunch catholics I doubt it will make an iota of difference
    If it's such an issue why don't they go to the police or something.

Why? The only people getting abortions will be the girls trying to advance their education and careers etc. Jacinta and Sharon and Mary Margaret won't be the ones at the clinics.
    This post has been deleted due to redacted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Ok, I've had it. We the mods have tried to be light handed in our modding recently after the feedback threads. But this thread here is a prime example of why we can't have nice things.

I'm locking this for a review cause I've nothing to do till 5.30. Any hint of racism will be dealt with. I suspect a few probably won't be here by the time I'm done.

Mod- the following are thread banned, Going to leave locked for another little while so people can see this. Post again and it will be bans
    Yer Da sells Avon
    sightband
    Sardine
    Melendez
    Mongfinder General
    ELM327

Mod- My bad, Completely slipped my mind to reopen the thread.

Putinbot wrote: »
    Mod- My bad, Completely slipped my mind to reopen the thread.

You were an hour early according to your initial post .

;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Seems eoin o brion mentioned her this morning in his rant against Eoin Murphy I thought I’d give a shout out to her again.

She has the shinners wrapped like our Erica.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Yes indeed

A controversial start yesterday saw the party attack the Housing Minister and what they call his failing policies with the announcement they will table a motion of no confidence in Eoghan Murphy.

The move puts pressure on Fianna Fáil who say they will support the Government against the motion under the confidence and supply agreement, an agreement Sinn Féin's Housing spokesperson Eoin Ó'Broin says no one cares about.

"If you're Margaret Cash and her seven children, if you're one of the 10,000 adults and children in emergency accommodation, if you're one of the thousands of students looking at paying possibly €900 a month or working people struggling with high mortgages or high rents, you don't give a damn about this confidence and supply agreement because it's not working for you," he said.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/economy-and-shared-prosperity-to-dominate-second-day-of-sinn-fein-think-in-866578.html

Margaret is certainly getting good mileage from her publicity stunt

I imagine Sinn Fein will want her to get her home forever shortly

Did she actually get a house or is she still in a B & B?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭FrToddUnctious

Putinbot wrote: »
    Any hint of racism will be dealt with.

How is giving out about pikies racist?

Mod-Perma banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Did she actually get a house or is she still in a B & B?

Last I heard was she is living in a B&B with the whole family but imo it's only a matter of time before she gets their home forever

Speaking to the Sun she said: “I’m devastated, it is more bad news. We have been moved from a three-bed apartment to a one room in a B&B. That’s all there is for all eight of us, one extended room, there’s bunk-beds. I thought we were getting another apartment but no. I’m absolutely sickened.

“We are being moved around like cattle.

“It’s disgusting the way we are being treated. They can’t even tell us how long we’ll be in Drumcondra.

She went on to say she has no idea whether to put her kids up in school in Drumcondra or Tallaght as she's been given no clue as to where she will be.

According to the Mail on Sunday, Margaret's husband John McCarthy is now living with the family after being released from Cloverhill Prison on bail last Friday.

Speaking the paper, Margaret confirmed the news saying she is happy to have him home to help out.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/margaret-cash-homeless-tallaght-mum-15074658

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

KrustyUCC wrote: »

I am sure that there is still some Noraid money 'resting' somewhere.
    Why don't they use that money to buy her a forever home, instead of forcing Irish workers to pay for it?

Sinn Fein: The Anti-Worker Party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,211 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

SFs defence of this woman has made sure I ain't voting for them any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,049 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Yes indeed

A controversial start yesterday saw the party attack the Housing Minister and what they call his failing policies with the announcement they will table a motion of no confidence in Eoghan Murphy.

The move puts pressure on Fianna Fáil who say they will support the Government against the motion under the confidence and supply agreement, an agreement Sinn Féin's Housing spokesperson Eoin Ó'Broin says no one cares about.

"If you're Margaret Cash and her seven children, if you're one of the 10,000 adults and children in emergency accommodation, if you're one of the thousands of students looking at paying possibly €900 a month or working people struggling with high mortgages or high rents, you don't give a damn about this confidence and supply agreement because it's not working for you," he said.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/economy-and-shared-prosperity-to-dominate-second-day-of-sinn-fein-think-in-866578.html

Margaret is certainly getting good mileage from her publicity stunt

SF spokesperson holding up a convicted criminal as some kind of hero??

I, for one, am shocked :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

NIMAN wrote: »
    SFs defence of this woman has made sure I ain't voting for them any time soon.

Its the only way they'd get votes by targeting the welfare class and low paid.
    SF know that the middle class will never vote for them. What family earning say €50k gross + would ever vote for SF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,518 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Blazer wrote: »
    Its the only way they'd get votes by targeting the welfare class and low paid.
    SF know that the middle class will never vote for them. What family earning say €50k gross + would ever vote for SF?

Mrs Cash?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

john4321 wrote: »
    Mrs Cash?

He said earning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

He said earning.
    Whats the difference?

Oh Yea...

A lot less work! :D

I still haven't seen anything from sf or others on how exactly they are going to fix the housing supply issues ,

For some reason I expect them to come out and say people with holiday homes should have their properties siezed and redistributed to share the wealth and give anyone a house

Gatling wrote: »
    I still haven't seen anything from sf or others on how exactly they are going to fix the housing supply issues ,

For some reason I expect them to come out and say people with holiday homes should have their properties siezed and redistributed to share the wealth and give anyone a house

MaryLou wasn’t very forthcoming on radio this morning. It’s all very well giving out about the Government and wasting time on meaningless votes of no confidence, but what concrete plans have they to sort the crisis?

Sure that would be Gerry fecked with his 2 holiday homes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

It's not the holiday homes they're after, it's the elderlys houses.

MaryLou wasn’t very forthcoming on radio this morning. It’s all very well giving out about the Government and wasting time on meaningless votes of no confidence, but what concrete plans have they to sort the crisis?

I heard her.

When put to her what sf would do all she replied with is landlords wouldn’t be allowed sell up and get rid of tenants.

Basically she says if a tenant stops paying rent the landlord shouldn’t be allowed turf them out.

And that was it, that was all she was able to put forward to solve the “homeless” crisis.

Pure waffle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

I heard her.

When put to her what sf would do all she replied with is landlords wouldn’t be allowed sell up and get rid of tenants.

Basically she says if a tenant stops paying rent the landlord shouldn’t be allowed turf them out.

And that was it, that was all she was able to put forward to solve the “homeless” crisis.

Pure waffle.

If you dont have a policy you cant be criticised. Typical Sinn Fein approach. Populist bull**** that wouldn't pass a constitutional challenge.

I remember after the bank bailout we had Mary Lou and others in the party saying they had sourced alternative sources of funding ,when asked about the "alternative sources" all we got was oh we had a varified alternative funding other than the IMF .

Now I've spoken to sinn fein TD's and councillors and all I'm getting is redistribution of wealth and various claims of fixing housing, fixing the hse , fixing schools and affordable child care .

But that's all ,no substance nothing you can back and support just oh we can ,we will .

They talk a housing crisis ,they control most of the councils who are not turning houses around quickly while calling for more social housing but blocking plans other than their own projects.

It's the same for the others all complaining but not having any substantial to how they will fix the major issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

john4321 wrote: »
    Mrs Cash?

lol I should have said working family :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Last I heard was she is living in a B&B with the whole family but imo it's only a matter of time before she gets their home forever

Speaking to the Sun she said: “I’m devastated, it is more bad news. We have been moved from a three-bed apartment to a one room in a B&B. That’s all there is for all eight of us, one extended room, there’s bunk-beds. I thought we were getting another apartment but no. I’m absolutely sickened.

“We are being moved around like cattle.

“It’s disgusting the way we are being treated. They can’t even tell us how long we’ll be in Drumcondra.

She went on to say she has no idea whether to put her kids up in school in Drumcondra or Tallaght as she's been given no clue as to where she will be.

According to the Mail on Sunday, Margaret's husband John McCarthy is now living with the family after being released from Cloverhill Prison on bail last Friday.

Speaking the paper, Margaret confirmed the news saying she is happy to have him home to help out.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/margaret-cash-homeless-tallaght-mum-15074658

Colour me surprised.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement