Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,211 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The easiest job in the world is to be in opposition.

Just say the government is doing a crap job, and call for heads to roll, cos you know you'll never have to fix it yourself.

Then when there is a chance for going into power, turn it down so you can remain in the ditch throwing stones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,021 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Margaret "Teflon" Cash.

All questions are deflected to the "uncaring" about the "vulnerable".

Not a word about those who pay for it all. But there we are. Cash & Co. are out of bounds for any criticism. But the contributers will always be criticised.

Riddle me that someone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Margaret "Teflon" Cash.

All questions are deflected to the "uncaring" about the "vulnerable".

Not a word about those who pay for it all. But there we are. Cash & Co. are out of bounds for any criticism. But the contributers will always be criticised.

Riddle me that someone!

Or if cash and Fleming cares so much about the homeless why aren’t they contributing with tax that could build houses for the homeless?

What are they doing to help the situation if they care so much?

Truth is they don’t care about anyone else only themselves.

Self centered horrible people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,641 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Why are there loads of council owned houses sitting idle and boarded up?
    I know of several in different parts of Dundalk and I'm told of similar in towns around the country. Surely they could be done up and given to families and thus providing a source of revenue for the councils. Seems a waste.

NIMAN wrote: »
    The easiest job in the world is to be in opposition.

Just say the government is doing a crap job, and call for heads to roll, cos you know you'll never have to fix it yourself.

Then when there is a chance for going into power, turn it down so you can remain in the ditch throwing stones.

Even those in power are powerless when faced with SJWs and the "vulnerable" word.

I am not advocating a dictatorship here or anything, but there are times when the dreaded word "overall majority" might just get things done without having to pander to all and sundry propping up a Government.

I know, I know. But the current Government is supposedly for the Workers and those who get up in the morning. But they have to tweak everything in favour of those who believe entitlement is a Constitutional right, or else you are out!

Well, the next GE should be interesting.

Even those in power are powerless when faced with SJWs and the "vulnerable" word.

I am not advocating a dictatorship here or anything, but there are times when the dreaded word "overall majority" might just get things done without having to pander to all and sundry propping up a Government.

I know, I know. But the current Government is supposedly for the Workers and those who get up in the morning. But they have to tweak everything in favour of those who believe entitlement is a Constitutional right, or else you are out!

Well, the next GE should be interesting.

A lot of the talk about workers and "those who get up in the morning" seems to have been nothing more than waffle. They had their chance to prove it in the last budget but failed miserably.

I know of several in different parts of Dundalk and I'm told of similar in towns around the country. Surely they could be done up and given to families and thus providing a source of revenue for the councils. Seems a waste.

Yes Sinn Fein have the most seats on dcc, and they are responsible for housing, you should ask them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Apparently a lot of local authorities don't have the staff to do it ,
    Retired staff are not being replaced or they somehow don't have the funds to employ staff and carry out repairs ,

Once a house has all it's windows ,doors ,water and electricity ,then they should be flipped straight away and tenants told to carry out their own maintenance if it's nothing major

Yes Sinn Fein have the most seats on dcc, and that are responsible for housing, you should ask them.

If that's the case then their failing miserably.

• Advertisement

A lot of the talk about workers and "those who get up in the morning" seems to have been nothing more than waffle. They had their chance to prove it in the last budget but failed miserably.

Strangled by the "propper uppers" i.e. Indos who demand everything for their own patch and don't think of the big picture at all.

At this stage I really wish FG would just bring in a budget to care for those contributing (for once) and see what happens in a soon to be held GE.

I doubt they will have the bottle to do it though.

Sorry meant to add that the confidence and supply thing with FF would need to support working/contributing people as well in a Budget Vote.

It is just all too skewed against us I tell ya now!

Gatling wrote: »
    Retired staff are not being replaced or they somehow don't have the funds to employ staff and carry out repairs ,

Once a house has all it's windows ,doors ,water and electricity ,then they should be flipped straight away and tenants told to carry out their own maintenance if it's nothing major

They could also use unemployed tradesmen and take them off the dole.
    Dole saving and rental income would even it out I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

You'll find a lot of people will leave a minor maintenance job until it becomes a major one, and thus more expensive.

O’Brion on prime time there again saying when he seen ms cash his heart broke and enough is enough.

Keep it up lads you’re loosing voters every time you mention her name.

People aren’t fooled by your populist nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

They could also use unemployed tradesmen and take them off the dole.
    Dole saving and rental income would even it out I'd imagine.

There's a deficit in trademen at the moment.

If they're not employed at the moment, then I wouldn't trust them to fit out a house to a halfway decent standard.

• Advertisement

Yes Sinn Fein have the most seats on dcc, and that are responsible for housing, you should ask them.

Do they ever get asked this?

Seems like a very logical question that I've not heard asked on t.v. yet.
    The councils should be able to state how many council houses throughout the country are unoccupied too from their computer records.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

The houses aren't near enough to " me Ma"

Don't be asking Sinn Fein embarassing questions
    It might jeopardise the Peace Process

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Edgware wrote: »

That's the main problem. No one is entitled to a house near their ma. Independence is severely lacking. They move from their mas tit to the states tit.

• Advertisement

What? Not replace windows, doors, kitchen, bathroom, so on, so forth, etc.... These houses would be rejected out of hand as not up to standard, wrong area, too small....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Edgware wrote: »

They're welcome to live near my ma but I suspect when their time is up they're heading south.....!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

What? Not replace windows, doors, kitchen, bathroom, so on, so forth, etc....

Not unless absolutely necessary ,

a simple walk through inspection should be done ,once it's clean and has nothing that's dangerous to tenants .
    It should be leased out straight away ,

I know doesn't sound Ideal but we can't have houses sitting for months or years because either there is no budget or staff employed to sort issues.

I was in SDCC yesterday and heard a lady asking about antisocial behaviour in her estate and she was told SDCC currently only have one person to deal with antisocial behaviour for the whole of SDCC due to the second person being on maternity leave .

There must be major staffing issues across the country

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

How would i go about getting a council house ?

How would i go about getting a council house ?

Depends - are you at all willing to be an uneducated, amoral scumbag with a violent husband, a hoo ha like a clown car and zero shame ?

If so, I believe Margaret Cash is soon to run classes. Just as soon as she gets a grant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

The Taoiseach also commits to limiting property tax rises, and to increase the State pension and social welfare rates at or above the rate of inflation.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/tax-cut-of-600-for-average-worker-key-to-varadkars-wishlist-37284167.html

More free money coming down the line for Margaret

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    The Taoiseach also commits to limiting property tax rises, and to increase the State pension and social welfare rates at or above the rate of inflation.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/tax-cut-of-600-for-average-worker-key-to-varadkars-wishlist-37284167.html

More free money coming down the line for Margaret

Varadkar wants to see an average 600 euro tax break for working people.
    However it's within two years. And it's just on his "wish list". Not planned as such.

Whereas social welfare recipients WILL get an IMMEDIATE fiver a week increase - which is 260 a year MINIMUM right away (majority will get a lot more of course as it is not per person but per benefit - be in receipt of 3, say, and you're near a grand a year better off).

Be lovely if the workers who pay for everything were looked after better than the takers.

Like buying rounds all night and when the taxi comes at the end that you've paid for - you're told you can't get in and have to walk it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Varadkar wants to see an average 600 euro tax break for working people.
    However it's within two years. And it's just on his "wish list". Not planned as such.

Whereas social welfare recipients WILL get an IMMEDIATE fiver a week increase - which is 260 a year MINIMUM right away (majority will get a lot more of course as it is not per person but per benefit - be in receipt of 3, say, and you're near a grand a year better off).

Be lovely if the workers who pay for everything were looked after better than the takers.

Like buying rounds all night and when the taxi comes at the end that you've paid for - you're told you can't get in and have to walk it.

The Majority will not get a lot more, most people on welfare are single with no children, do not judge all on benefits by the actions of the traveler community.

tomofson wrote: »
    The Majority will not get a lot more, most people on welfare are single with no children, do not judge all on benefits by the actions of the traveler community.

Yeah it's only Travellers in receipt of this laundry list of benefits.

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/sw19.aspx

Wake up eh ?

Yeah it's only Travellers in receipt of this laundry list of benefits.

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/sw19.aspx

Wake up eh ?

Travelers tend to scam their way into more benefits because they know they can get away with it, I never said it was only travelers and welfare so stop seeing just what you want to see and read what I actually typed.

• Advertisement

Travelers tend to scam their way into more benefits because they know they can get away with it, I never said it was only travelers and welfare so stop seeing just what you want to see and read what I actually typed.

You posted:
    do not judge all on benefits by the actions of the traveler community.

i'm not. I know there are way more scammers getting payouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

Another €5 a week for those on the dole....at a time of near full employment! And FG are considered a right wing party.
    Only in Ireland :mad:

That'll be the 3rd year in a row of €5 a week for those on the dole. Much more than a lot of workers have got

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Makes you wonder, why bother working to try save for a house? I'd have one faster if I never worked in my life.

Makes you wonder, why bother working to try save for a house? I'd have one faster if I never worked in my life.

More to do with the fact that one day you will own the house, and you might still have some self respect left.

Then again, once you have your house bought in the future, the Gov will use it to look after you in sheltered accommodation, or else tax it to the hilt when you try to leave it to your kids.

Due to the fact when you buy a house its yours for life and it can never be taking away, you can then pass it down to your kids and they can own and so on.

People on housing lists and social housing never get to own their houses, they can be kicked out at any time.

Due to the fact when you buy a house its yours for life and it can never be taking away, you can then pass it down to your kids and they can own and so on.

People on housing lists and social housing never get to own their houses, they can be kicked out at any time.

I'm a bit of an anti-Cash, no kids, no interest in having them so passing it down is of no use to me.

I doubt very much they can be kicked out at any time, they sign contracts so unless the place is left in bits its an almost free ride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

At this stage many people who have worked hard all their life are getting really angry. They are fed up carrying those who have never worked and have no intention of doing so. I know of several people working, paying a mortgage on a house and making huge sacrifices to do so. They put on extra clothes in the winter to make savings on the heating. They use their annual leave to do up the house because they can't afford a holiday anyway. They scrimp and save on food because things are really tight.

And what are their neighbours who have never worked a day in their life and are claiming every benefit going doing? Having huge parties out the back until all hours and keeping their working neighbours awake. Or blaring all their TVs till all hours (everyone in the house has to have one dontcha know?) and keeping their working neighbours up. The only time they get a bit of peace is when the scroungers go on one of their 3 or 4 holidays a year (2 abroad, 2 breaks in Ireland). Hubby might do a few cash in hand nixers to go with all the other benefits so they can afford it and the missus might do a few cash in hand cleaning jobs.

Seriously, what is the point in working? A friend who is working despite very poor health in recent years is thinking of asking her doctor if she can be signed off on disability depending on what benefits she would be entitled to. She is not entitled to sick leave because she had to take time off on account of surgery a few years ago. There were complications from that surgery which are affecting her health now. Yet she still has to drag herself into work every day to make ends meet. Those who work for a living in this country are ridden, not rewarded.

The Irish are not a nation of sneaks but people are losing patience with those who claim every benefit yet still manage to scam the system. Even if they did want to report the scammers they might be afraid because they are neighbours. Even if they did report the scammers what's the guarantee they would be held accountable for anything. It's not worth the energy anyway and people who are working full-time don't have much energy to spare after working, commuting and trying to balance the books so the basics last the whole month.

I'm a bit of an anti-Cash, no kids, no interest in having them so passing it down is of no use to me.

I doubt very much they can be kicked out at any time, they sign contracts so unless the place is left in bits its an almost free ride.

They have to be very well behaved if they want that free ride, any complaints to the council and they are kicked out.

They have to be very well behaved if they want that free ride, any complaints to the council and they are kicked out.

Ah, come on. Are you serious

• Advertisement

People on social housing do get to buy their own houses...at greatly reduced rates in a lot of circumstances. Hence we have a social housing stock problem!

And can you give me examples of those in social housing who got kicked out by a local authority 'at any time'.

Pure balderdash

jay0109 wrote: »
    Ah, come on. Are you serious

Jaysus that was precious!!!!!

They don't even get kicked out for owing thousands in rent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭stratowide

I've read some serious naivety here..but this just collected first prize.

stratowide wrote: »

Its not naivety when you have first hand experience.

stratowide wrote: »

Be like Bob Beamon's long jump record that.

To be fair, what he said is the way it should be but rarely, if ever, is. In reality some unfortunate people having badly behaved neighbours who are harder to remove than mould.

• Advertisement

Social housing tenants should never be allowed to buy a house on the cheap.
    They should always remain the property of the state.

I could understand this in the past when people worked and paid rent for maybe 25 yrs or so, then they got a discount, but if you're like Cash and never work a day in your life, why should you be entitled to a cheap house when every cent you paid in rent was given to you by the taxpayer in dole payments?

Social housing tenants should never be allowed to buy a house on the cheap.
    They should always remain the property of the state.

I could understand this in the past when people worked and paid rent for maybe 25 yrs or so, then they got a discount, but if you're like Cash and never work a day in your life, why should you be entitled to a cheap house when every cent you paid in rent was given to you by the taxpayer in dole payments?

Get the politicians onside and you can do anything. It'll all be grand once Leo gets his wish to give all workers a 600 quid break on taxes while simultaneously raising welfare.

Anyone else smell bullsh*t? Oh and an election.

Absolute rubbish. Every council estate has a few families of dirtbirds that cannot be got rid of and who drag the whole place down. The decent hardworking families in theses estates are intimidated by the scroungers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,518 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

I must say her Facebook page is entertaining.

"If ichh wasn't hear wat wud become of these famliys?Tank god 4 ichh ❤ ff and fg shud be shot wit der own **** ����

The same FG thats gives you, your litter of pups kids and jailbird accommodation and the income of a small tahitian island.

Also have no idea what this rant is about after reading it 5 times.

"I've yet to see anything like the half starved people around the road wen u may beg dem bk 4 ur own owl stuff ����but I'll get a car and I'll go get it meself so u can sit on �� dat and keep getting on me nerves I'll name and shame ���� u no who u r the world will to if u inoy me"

john4321 wrote: »
    I must say her Facebook page is entertaining.

"If ichh wasn't hear wat wud become of these famliys?Tank god 4 ichh ❤ ff and fg shud be shot wit der own **** ����

The same FG thats gives you, your litter of pups and jailbird accommodation and the income of a small tahitian island.

Also have no idea what this rant is about after reading it 5 times.

"I've yet to see anything like the half starved people around the road wen u may beg dem bk 4 ur own owl stuff ����but I'll get a car and I'll go get it meself so u can sit on �� dat and keep getting on me nerves I'll name and shame ���� u no who u r the world will to if u inoy me"

The perils of posting on social media when one is tired and emosh.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement