Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Perhaps she has done a great service to Ireland in that ordinary decent working people have now been exposed to her and her pure entitlement to a forever home in the Hollywood Hills financed by the rest of us while she sits on her hole.

The lack of any enforcement to her no longer being a lone mother is the icing on the cake.

True. This happened weeks ago and is still rumbling on. People are just sick of working to pay for these parasites.

Pavee Point and other travellers organizations are very quiet about this case. I wonder why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

They have no need to comment as FF, SF and Labour keep bringing her 'case' up constantly and they know she will get sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

She is some wordsmith in fairness to her.
    Like reading Ulysses trying to make sense of her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

She is some wordsmith in fairness to her.
    Like reading Ulysses trying to make sense of her

Margaret Cash ............... the next James Joyce.
    She's some story-teller alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    They have no need to comment as FF, SF and Labour keep bringing her 'case' up constantly and they know she will get sorted

FG are quite fond of her also, for balance. Listened to Eoghan Murphy name check her a few times recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Kivaro wrote: »
    Margaret Cash ............... the next James Joyce.
    She's some story-teller alright.

Well in fairness to her she spun the media and politicians a fairytale and they have fallen for it hook, line and sinker

Single Homeless mother of 7 'forced' to sleep in Garda station with 6 kids rather than Homeless mother of 7 chooses to sleep in Garda station with 6 kids whilst Daddy was locked up in Cloverhill and wants a home forever in Tallaght
    Fann Linn wrote: »
    FG are quite fond of her also, for balance. Listened to Eoghan Murphy name check her a few times recently.

True however I would think Murphy has to name check her as the others keep bringing her up

Can't be accused of not being horrified at the plight of poor Margaret and the kids

Fann Linn wrote: »

They all trip over themselves to name check her.
    I have yet to hear a politician to even dare ask about the other side of her story e.g. her criminality, the outrageous amount of benefits she receives versus a working person/couple, her previous home refusals, did she get sunburned on her last Disney holiday while on the dole, etc.?

Spineless ............ one word to use for our politicians.
    They are all sheep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

They are all sheep.

They're far from sheep. More like wolves really.
    And they know we're all fickle as hell.
    All they have to do is trot out the latest soundbite and that will keep the public happy and distracted until the next scandal..basically all rinse and repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

Did it come out yet that she already had a council house a couple years back but lost it after wrecking it? The media seem to be hamstrung into only reporting certain aspects of this case for fear of the backlash from Uncle Joe and the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

They all trip over themselves to name check her.
    I have yet to hear a politician to even dare ask about the other side of her story e.g. her criminality, the outrageous amount of benefits she receives versus a working person/couple, her previous home refusals, did she get sunburned on her last Disney holiday while on the dole, etc.?

They are all sheep.
    If they try and attack her (and there are many reasons for doing so) it will not end well for them politically.
    It isn't a huge amount different to Joan Burton commenting on the water protesters who said they couldn't afford to pay water charges but could afford an iPhone.

Blazer wrote: »
    All they have to do is trot out the latest soundbite and that will keep the public happy and distracted until the next scandal..basically all rinse and repeat.

Maybe to keep the a vocal minority of the public happy, and of course to keep the Irish liberal media at bay.
    Irish politicians have no interest in making the Irish public happy. Their focus is to tax the majority of us even more, to reduce the already costly shoddy services that we are paying for, etc.

Meanwhile in last night's news; patients in a hospital psychiatric unit did not have access to their bedrooms under 10pm at night due to staff shortages.
    But the government will continue to throw money at the likes of Margaret Cash and the thousands of others playing the system. How many billions of euros will be spent on social housing in the coming years? While many are deserving, a large percentage do not deserve free housing. Take the money earmarked for those spongers and give it to people who contribute to society.

Oh, by the way, our national debt of €200 billion. That is €43,500 per man, woman and child in this country. We are third worst in the world for debt on a per-capita basis. Greece is even better than us.
    But the good news is that Margaret Cash, Erica Flemming, and their cohorts will not be helping us pay off this massive debt. In fact, they will be adding to it to a great deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Maybe to keep the a vocal minority of the public happy, and of course to keep the Irish liberal media at bay.
    Irish politicians have no interest in making the Irish public happy. Their focus is to tax the majority of us even more, to reduce the already costly shoddy services that we are paying for, etc.

Meanwhile in last night's news; patients in a hospital psychiatric unit did not have access to their bedrooms under 10pm at night due to staff shortages.
    But the government will continue to throw money at the likes of Margaret Cash and the thousands of others playing the system. How many billions of euros will be spent on social housing in the coming years? While many are deserving, a large percentage do not deserve free housing. Take the money earmarked for those spongers and give it to people who contribute to society.

Oh, by the way, our national debt of €200 billion. That is €43,500 per man, woman and child in this country. We are third worst in the world for debt on a per-capita basis. Greece is even better than us.
    But the good news is that Margaret Cash, Erica Flemming, and their cohorts will not be helping us pay off this massive debt. In fact, they will be adding to it to a great deal.

I don’t disagree with you one bit.
    But both myself and another op here tried to organize boycott of media /mass emailing of our TDS and we only got a token response.
    Us irish talk the talk but we don’t walk the walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

Dannyriver wrote: »
    Not calling children dogs indicates a bleeding heart , wow

infairness Danny if ya knew anything about eotr ya would know from the forms he's always on the bleeding hearts side even when the truth is presented to him, he's an enigma on this site

That shouldn't be a reason for someone else to casually call children dogs...To de-humanise is the first step any tyrant takes on the road to genocide.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

To de-humanise is the first step any tyrant takes on the road to genocide.
    well-that-escalated-quickly-quick-meme-com-19310781.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

That shouldn't be a reason for someone else to casually call children dogs...To de-humanise is the first step any tyrant takes on the road to genocide.

Cry me a river Danny :D

well-that-escalated-quickly-quick-meme-com-19310781.png

You ve done the escalation yourself ...I didn t say that anyone was proposing genocide ...Im just stating an accepted pychological fact that referring to any group of people as dogs is a dangerous process.

I stepped out of a tube station [chalk farm] in 1990 , and the first pub I walked past had No dogs, No Blacks, No Irish on a sign on the window ... This unsurprisingly has stuck with me.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/philosophy-dispatches/201112/dehumanization-genocide-and-the-psychology-indifference-0

Dehumanization is the psychological capacity to deny the humanity of others, to relegate people to the status of non-human animals, and so to deprive them of the protections normally accorded to fellow humans by moral codes. As this far-reaching and inter-disciplinary study by David Livingstone Smith amply demonstrates, it is a recurrent historical phenomenon extending back millennia, and it seems to be a necessary precondition for the perpetration of sustained injustices, especially slavery, genocide, and racial subjugation." (David Livingstone Smith)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Dehumanization is the psychological capacity to deny the humanity of others, to relegate people to the status of non-human animals, and so to deprive them of the protections normally accorded to fellow humans by moral codes. As this far-reaching and inter-disciplinary study by David Livingstone Smith amply demonstrates, it is a recurrent historical phenomenon extending back millennia, and it seems to be a necessary precondition for the perpetration of sustained injustices, especially slavery, genocide, and racial subjugation." (David Livingstone Smith)

What about the flip side, when these animals take everything for free and contribute nothing, while also committing crime and refusing to give their 'children' the education and opportunities they deserve? Can I call them animals then? Because they act like pigs, taking what they want whenever they want, and not a care for anyone else around them. Actually, I wouldn't call them pigs, I like pigs.

Just because someone calls another person an animal, or earmarks their offspring as future animals, doesn't mean they are going to commit a genocide, and if someone does due to those comments, well they have their own mental issues to deal with.

Not everyone has to have the same feelings or empathy for offspring. Have you ever dealt with traveller children? They have no interest in becoming part of society because their parents refuse to be part of society. You get brought up in those conditions, you will most likely never amount to anything but a mirror image of the parents. Like anything, change must be wanted before it can happen, and it's not wanted.

And as more than evidenced, you can't say anything against this protected species for fear of the liberal bleeding hearts jumping down our throats calling us racists. Politicians know this and know they will not go much further if they say something. The Gardaí are sick of bringing them to court only for them to walk back out again. I myself (when I was a Garda) tried to bring a certain type of case against a traveller and it was stopped dead in its tracks because of the potential backlash. Similarly I tried to bring a case of Incitement to Hatred against a girl for openly and loudly calling a black man that anagram of ginger (can we even type that word these days?), and again was stopped dead in its tracks due to the image it may give off. Hopefully the new Commissioner won't allow this potential backlash from preventing these animals from continuing to do what they please.

It's up to us to protest against this crap, but people won't because of the stigma surrounding this protected species.

DISCLAIMER: The above is my own opinion, so don't go sueing Boards or anything.

What about the flip side, when these animals take everything for free and contribute nothing, while also committing crime and refusing to give their 'children' the education and opportunities they deserve? Can I call them animals then? Because they act like pigs, taking what they want whenever they want, and not a care for anyone else around them. Actually, I wouldn't call them pigs, I like pigs.

Just because someone calls another person an animal, or earmarks their offspring as future animals, doesn't mean they are going to commit a genocide, and if someone does due to those comments, well they have their own mental issues to deal with.

Not everyone has to have the same feelings or empathy for offspring. Have you ever dealt with traveller children? They have no interest in becoming part of society because their parents refuse to be part of society. You get brought up in those conditions, you will most likely never amount to anything but a mirror image of the parents. Like anything, change must be wanted before it can happen, and it's not wanted.

And as more than evidenced, you can't say anything against this protected species for fear of the liberal bleeding hearts jumping down our throats calling us racists. Politicians know this and know they will not go much further if they say something. The Gardaí are sick of bringing them to court only for them to walk back out again. I myself (when I was a Garda) tried to bring a certain type of case against a traveller and it was stopped dead in its tracks because of the potential backlash. Similarly I tried to bring a case of Incitement to Hatred against a girl for openly and loudly calling a black man that anagram of ginger (can we even type that word these days?), and again was stopped dead in its tracks due to the image it may give off. Hopefully the new Commissioner won't allow this potential backlash from preventing these animals from continuing to do what they please.

It's up to us to protest against this crap, but people won't because of the stigma surrounding this protected species.

I ve no doubt that it is and I wont be suing anyone and even If I see the above as bordering on hate crime its not up to me Im not the moderater. So lets get that out of the way.

From reading the above I'm guessing You either didn t read the article I linked, [by the way I didn t write the article ] or else you did and you ve decided to ignore its contents, or else you don t understand it. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Why does care so much about her ex partners relationship, I thought he was irrelevant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Why does care so much about her ex partners relationship, I thought he was irrelevant?

Only when it hits their pockets or affects their rights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I ve no doubt that it is and I wont be suing anyone and even If I see the above as bordering on hate crime its not up to me Im not the moderater.

How could what you quoted be bordering on a hate crime. Is stating that you don't like or trust a certain section of the community a crime now?

There was no incitement to violence in the post. What crime was it bordering on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: Potential-Monke, don't post in this thread again.

Buford T. Justice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

BattleCorp wrote: »
    How could what you quoted be bordering on a hate crime. Is stating that you don't like or trust a certain section of the community a crime now?

There was no incitement to violence in the post. What crime was it bordering on?

Incitement to hatred, as made criminal in Prohibition of Incitement To Hatred Act, 1989.

What is Hate Speech? Ireland
    and its Obligations
    • Prohibition of Incitement to Hatred Act 1989
    • “hatred” means hatred against a group of persons in the State or elsewhere on
    account of their race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins,
    membership of the travelling community or sexual orientation
    • Section 2 offence:
    “It shall be an offence for a person—
    (a) to publish or distribute written material,
    (b) to use words, behave or display written material—
    (i) in any place other than inside a private residence, or
    (ii) inside a private residence so that the words, behaviour or
    material are heard or seen by persons outside the residence,
    or
    (c) to distribute, show or play a recording of visual images or sounds,
    if the written material, words, behaviour, visual images or sounds, as the case
    may be, are threatening, abusive or insulting and are intended or, having
    regard to all the circumstances, are likely to stir up hatred.”

Incitement to hatred, as made criminal in Prohibition of Incitement To Hatred Act, 1989.

Where is the incitement?

The poster expressed their opinion and didn't call for others to follow suit.

Where is the incitement?

I believe the claim was that it was bordering on criminal, not actually criminal?

Besides which "just my opinion" is a pretty thin defence.

Where is the incitement?

I believe the claim was that it was bordering on criminal, not actually criminal?

Besides which "just my opinion" is a pretty thin defence.

Having an opinion isn't against the law.

I personally don't like travellers because a lot of them are involved in antisocial behaviour and illegal activity. Have I just broken the law for having this opinion?

Having an opinion isn't against the law.

No, but expressing it can be.
    I personally don't like travellers because a lot of them are involved in antisocial behaviour and illegal activity. Have I just broken the law for having this opinion?

If it could be shown that your dislike was hate and that your intention was to convince others to feel the same way, possibly yes. That’s my reading of it anyway.

• Advertisement

If it could be shown that your dislike was hate and that your intention was to convince others to feel the same way, possibly yes. That’s my reading of it anyway.

Hang on. You are allowed have an opinion but not allowed to express it because someone, somewhere, could choose to define a dislike as hatred

Get t'****.

I am at a loss to find the words to eloquently describe the people who jump through hoops to defend the indefensible

Margaret Cash and people like her are a blight on our society. Her defenders are worse

Hang on. You are allowed have an opinion but not allowed to express it because someone, somewhere, could choose to define a dislike as hatred

Get t'****.

I am at a loss to find the words to eloquently describe the people who jump through hoops to defend the indefensible

Margaret Cash and people like her are a blight on our society. Her defenders are worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

She's back on the market again since her fella has left her, according to the tabloids.

Get t'****.

Margaret Cash and people like her are a blight on out society. Her defenders are worse

That would be wrong. Where did that happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

van_beano wrote: »
    She's back on the market again since her fella has left her, according to the tabloids.

460652.png

tuxy wrote: »
    460652.png

She doesn't seem best pleased :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

She doesn't seem best pleased :confused:

Apparently he has been taking all her hard earned money over the years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

With the money she brings ín every week she'll be a fine catch anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Apparently he has been taking all her hard earned money over the years!

Now they will need two 4 bed forever houses and I'm sure his new dolly will want a separate forever home too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

460652.png
    priceless. such a way with words.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

priceless. such a way with words.

If only she'd stayed in school and learned to spell and speak english

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

460652.png

There's an inherent beauty and vulnerability emanating from this lioness poets philippic.

Beyond impressive.....enlightening.

Yamanoto wrote: »
    There's an inherent beauty and vulnerability emanating from this lioness poets philippic.

Beyond impressive.....enlightening.

Now if only there was some sort of paid employment she could get into using her poetic strengths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

With the money she brings ín every week she'll be a fine catch anyway
    And she's obviously fertile should one be interested in procreating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Someone needs to tweet that to Sinn Fein.

I’m soooooo happy my 21k a year tax is going towards this fine upstanding and productive member of our society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

A career writing opinion pieces in the Indo beckons for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Stheno wrote: »
    If only she'd stayed in school and learned to spell and speak english

She'd have ended up on drugs then. Didn't you hear heartbreaking interview with Miriam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

460652.png
    Hahahaha! Holy fcuk. How in the fcuk do these creatures manage to look themselves in the mirror?

She’ll be back in love with the useless wretch in no time.

Wouldn’t even be surprised if this is a stunt to maintain the “single mother” angle.

Absolute wastes of oxygen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Hahahaha! Holy fcuk. How in the fcuk do these creatures manage to look themselves in the mirror?

She’ll be back in love with the useless wretch in no time.

Wouldn’t even be surprised if this is a stunt to maintain the “single mother” angle.

Absolute wastes of oxygen!

Nice big back garden, wouldn’t be cheap hmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

She's such a role model for how not to live your life.

She should be paraded around the country to show kids the consequences of bad decisions.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement