Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Huexotzingo

What do you think Ms. Cash should name her future children?

How about...

Moe Cash
    Max Cash
    Seymour Cash
    Lotta Cash
    Anita Cash
    Robin Cash

Ivana Cash

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Emme wrote: »
    I cannot understand why the government is saying we will have full employment in 2019 yet so many people are taking from the system and apparently choosing not to work.
    Full employment is a term used by all governments and doesn't mean 100% of people are working...
    Full employment means that everyone who wants a job can have work hours they need on "fair wages". Because people switch jobs, full employment means a stable rate of unemployment around 1 to 2 per cent of the total workforce, but does not allow for underemployment where part-time workers cannot find hours they need for a decent living. In macroeconomics, full employment is sometimes defined as the level of employment at which there is no cyclical or deficient-demand unemployment.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_employment
    I think it's around 4 or 5 percent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

McGrath5 wrote: »
    Possible scope for a reality TV show?

"Cashing in with the Cash's"

"Cash Register".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

The Nal wrote: »
    "Cash Register".

"Cash in Transit."

• Site Banned Posts: 160 ✭✭dermo888

I have no doubt that it's the quest for a free house and ever more benefits that has been motivating her all along.

And many others. It's nothing new. In the early 00s a teacher friend did a stint in a school where a lot of people in the area were on welfare. She was 22 and teaching girls aged 12-18. Some of her pupils were pregnant at the time and this was regarded as completely normal.

The girls asked her if she had a car - she hadn't at the time. They asked her if she had a house - she was renting at the time. One of the girls piped up that her sister of 20 had a house and got it after having 2 children.

When she asked the girls what they wanted to do after they left school some openly said that working was a mugs game and they were going to have children and get a house. Others chose professions such as hairdressing where they could do nixers on the side and get tax free money.

My friend found the girls very savvy compared to some of the middle class girls she had taught in other schools.

They liked her and asked her if they would like them to get her new clothes or shoes because they noticed she was wearing the same clothes and shoes most of the time. She said no and they said to her to go into a shop such as Dunnes or Penneys and they would "lift" whatever she wanted for her!

I cannot understand why the government is saying we will have full employment in 2019 yet so many people are taking from the system and apparently choosing not to work.
    This is the reason why the 'Alt Right' have gained power, and Donald Trump is in charge in America. 
    Honest people don't get an even break, and the skangers, the scum, the tracksuit classes, with voices like unsilenced motorbikes screw us ordinaries over. They don't even respect us for it either. They see us as fodder to be assaulted and stolen from.
    Enough is enough, its time that lot found out the meaning of 'Tugann Saothar Saoirse'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

In fairness it isn't just Margaret Cash. She is in the media but there are a lot more people milking the welfare system for what it's worth, many from the settled community and many who see the Irish welfare system as a good thing.

That's all true. Unfortunately, in Ireland, anyone who challenges the status quo quickly gets labeled as a right-wing Thatcherite -- as Varadkar was when he said that the government needed a new social contract with "people who get up in the morning."

But this is not right-wing Thatcherism. It's pointing out the blunt truth that welfare dependents are not the only ones who deserve to live in a fair society. Working people need a bit of fairness too. They deserve the chance to own a home, raise a family, and enjoy some of the fruits of their hard work without running into the "triple whammy" of high house prices, extortionate taxes, and the highest childcare costs in the world.

When hard-working people are giving 52% of every additional euro they earn to the state, it only adds insult to injury when people like Margaret Cash expect to have their large families housed, clothed, fed, and supported for free by the taxpayer. If we can't afford our own house and our own kids, why are we housing Ms. Cash and raising her kids?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

"Cash in Transit."

The episode when her fella is coming off smack:

"Cash Withdrawal".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

The Nal wrote: »
    The episode when her fella is coming of smack:

"Cash Withdrawal".

Or about their sex life

'Cash refuses to withdraw'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

That's all true. Unfortunately, in Ireland, anyone who challenges the status quo quickly gets labeled as a right-wing Thatcherite -- as Varadkar was when he said that the government needed a new social contract with "people who get up in the morning."

But this is not right-wing Thatcherism. It's pointing out the blunt truth that welfare dependents are not the only ones who deserve to live in a fair society. Working people need a bit of fairness too. They deserve the chance to own a home, raise a family, and enjoy some of the fruits of their hard work without running into the "triple whammy" of high house prices, extortionate taxes, and the highest childcare costs in the world.

When hard-working people are giving 52% of every additional euro they earn to the state, it only adds insult to injury when people like Margaret Cash expect to have their large families housed, clothed, fed, and supported for free by the taxpayer. If we can't afford our own house and our own kids, why are we housing Ms. Cash and raising her kids?

Borrowing some of that

Dear *insert TDs name here*
    I refer to the recent coverage of the Margaret Cash case where a ‘homeless’ mother of seven choose to sleep in Tallaght Garda Station. Ms Cash has been name checked by FF, Labour and SF as a stick to beat this government with in terms of the housing crisis. I don't support FG but Margaret Cash is exactly the wrong type of example to use.

By her own admission MS Cash is on the housing list 11 years which means that she first got on the list at 17. Ms Cash left school at 12. The Education (Welfare) Act 2000 says that children must stay in school until age 16 or until they complete three years of post-primary education, whichever is the later. Why was she allowed to do this? Why wasn’t the law enforced?

The story has been spun in the media and by opposition politicians as a Single Homeless mother of 7 sleeps in Garda station with 6 kids rather than Homeless mother of 7 chooses to sleeps in Garda station with 6 kids. It is interesting to note that she was only single whilst the father of the children was on remand in Cloverhill prison.

Indeed Ms Cash has had a family which is 100% dependent on welfare and the generosity of the Irish people.

Welfare reform and tax reform are also urgently needed. Many people in Ireland with college degrees and good jobs can't afford to buy a home or have a family due to the extortionate cost of housing and childcare. If they get a raise or a bonus that could help them, they must hand over 52% of it to the state to fund the so-called "fair society" that the politicians are always warbling on about.

And then there are the welfare dependents, for whom every additional baby adds to the household income and moves the family up the local authority housing list -- so they have every incentive to have big families so that they can get more income and free houses.

A "fair society" is not one where all the benefits go to those who contribute nothing. That's a profoundly unfair society. But things won't change until the majority of Irish people wake up and realize that.
    The Margaret Cash case is not unique but it has unleashed a sense of rage and injustice in many people who get up early, have long commutes, work long hours and often return home to a cold house in winter because they have to economise on heating costs. They do without necessary trips to the doctor and dentist because they cannot afford it. Meanwhile those on medical cards clog up doctors' and dentists' surgeries.

The coping classes are too tired and beleaguered to arrange a march on Dail Eireann and the government knows it. That's why the government keeps hitting on us and taxing us more every year.

I commute by car every day 45 or mins each way. Others live in neighbouring counties and commute to Dublin to work by train - a crammed journey of more than an hour each way. They can see working people just trying to make ends meet. Men and women who are too exhausted to think let alone be angry. People who are burnt out but have no choice but to keep going. People who will have to work until they are 70 to foot the ever increasing welfare bill. People who have been badly let down by the government. People who are being laughed at by the likes of Margaret Cash and others who milk the welfare system for what it's worth.

If this situation has highlighted anything it is the fact that it is absolutely and totally UNFAIR that someone gets 50k odd, into their always outstretched hand paid for by the taxpayer while never having contributed anything in any shape or form to the pot from which this seeming endless money flows to people like her.
    Still less contributed to society.

And the only reaction from her when she was initially given the apartment in the city was to whine about having to bring the children to school by Luas and that she wants a house in Tallaght near her family.

Others have to buy and live where they can afford to not where they want to live. What make Margaret Cash so special that she can pick and choose where she wants to live?

I know that you will dismiss this email but it is about pointing out the blunt truth that welfare dependents are not the only ones who deserve to live in a fair society. Working people need a bit of fairness too. They deserve the chance to own a home, raise a family, and enjoy some of the fruits of their hard work without running into the "triple whammy" of high house prices, extortionate taxes, and the highest childcare costs in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

In that section about leaving school at 12, I'd also mention getting married at 15. Another illegal act

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

I think that was done in Northern Ireland where the law is different

Plenty of travellers get married up there before they can in the Republic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

It is impossible to run a successful society by pandering to the lowest of the low.

"Personal responsibility will only get you so far". Crap. If you genuinely need help and cannot provide for yourself, then that is the very function of the welfare system. If you choose not to - then quite frankly get to f**k.

Cash and her ilk have no inherent rights to anything without an associated responsibility of being a positive, contributing member of society. If you have children, bringing them up to be the same.

She is doing none of this and the likes of you believe she should be REWARDED ?

We should pay scum MORE because they threaten to commit crime ? You understand the concept of blackmail, yes ?

People like Cash are the wound - idiots who constantly spout trite defences of her are the salt.

again, nobody is being rewarded here. would you want to be miss cash? i certainly wouldn't. we aren't paying people not to commit crime, we are paying a basic amount to people in need of support, so that they can support themselves. most people use that money to do exactly that, and therefore aren't in a situation where they have to resort to low level crime such as for example, shop lifting food and basics, to survive. there is a group of people commiting crime anyway dispite receiving wellfare payments and the authorities and courts must deal with them. to state these realities is not pandering, it's recognising the complex realities of a society, and doing what we can to remove certain issues, which ultimately a wellfare system does. you don't have to like it, but so far i haven't saw anyone suggest an actual proven to be viable alternative.
    Everyone is employable in one form or another. It is not that she can't work. She doesn't want to and doesn't need to.
    If the choice of whether one works or not is removed you'll see quite a different attitude from her.

i would have to disagree. everyone isn't employable. most people are employable but people like miss cash most certainly aren't. removing the supposed choice not to work wouldn't change her view. she would quite likely end up spending her time being sacked from various jobs as nobody would want to work with her, and she would probably make things difficult for the rest of her fellow workers. realistically, what employer and employee would want that hassle? i certainly wouldn't want to work in an environment where someone doesn't want to be there so much that they make the environment problematic for me and everyone else. could you put up with that?
    dermo888 wrote: »
    This is the reason why the 'Alt Right' have gained power, and Donald Trump is in charge in America.

indeed, but the thing is, as i'm sure you know, the alt right and donald trump types, won't do anything about anything. they will tell people what they want to hear, and deliver nothing in return. just like any other politician.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

You can quibble over the word "scamming," but she's definitely taking advantage of the system by having seven children in ten years and then pulling a publicity stunt to secure herself a house.

Unplanned pregnancies do happen, of course. But anyone who has seven children in ten years, without any means to support them, is deliberately and intentionally trying to milk the welfare system for as much as she can get.

The system is supposed to be social protection, not social exploitation.

it's all well and good to say all of that, but is it really lucrative for her to have children just to get more wellfare? i'd be surprised if it is tbh
    The only areas where unions have genuine power anymore are the public sector and the semi-states. But in those cases they're often fighting for the "underpaid" €50k worker to make €70k. The unions just don't care anymore about the €30k worker in the private sector.

because a lot of private sector workers won't join the unions. you can't expect a union to represent workers who aren't involved in a union. of course it would be nice of them if they did do that, but if people want union representation then they need to join a union, or set up their own union.
    so its the governments fault that certain cultures decide to give up on school?

no, but it's the fault of the state for not enforcing the rules that insure people from any culture actually attend school as well as those for not sending their children to school.
    do you not think that personal responsibility is up to individuals and not the government?

personal responsibility only goes so far. where someone is deliberately not abiding by the rules of the state then the state has a remedy to insure they do, and it should be using that remedy to insure they abide by the rules.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

again, nobody is being rewarded here. would you want to be miss cash? i certainly wouldn't. we aren't paying people not to commit crime, we are paying a basic amount to people in need of support, so that they can support themselves. most people use that money to do exactly that, and therefore aren't in a situation where they have to resort to low level crime such as for example, shop lifting food and basics, to survive. there is a group of people commiting crime anyway dispite receiving wellfare payments and the authorities and courts must deal with them. to state these realities is not pandering, it's recognising the complex realities of a society, and doing what we can to remove certain issues, which ultimately a wellfare system does. you don't have to like it, but so far i haven't saw anyone suggest an actual proven to be viable alternative.

i would have to disagree. everyone isn't employable. most people are employable but people like miss cash most certainly aren't. removing the supposed choice not to work wouldn't change her view. she would quite likely end up spending her time being sacked from various jobs as nobody would want to work with her, and she would probably make things difficult for the rest of her fellow workers. realistically, what employer and employee would want that hassle? i certainly wouldn't want to work in an environment where someone doesn't want to be there so much that they make the environment problematic for me and everyone else. could you put up with that?

indeed, but the thing is, as i'm sure you know, the alt right and donald trump types, won't do anything about anything. they will tell people what they want to hear, and deliver nothing in return. just like any other politician.

Nice of you to join us at the working day is nearly over for many.

it's all well and good to say all of that, but is it really lucrative for her to have children just to get more wellfare? i'd be surprised if it is tbh

Obviously I don't know the specific details of her finances. But she's eligible for thousands in welfare payments, plus €980 a month in child benefit for her seven children. I assume she's on a medical card as well. She's also getting a free house in Dublin, which even many college-educated professionals can't afford these days. I'm sure posters familiar with the welfare system can point out other stuff she's probably getting as well.

For someone who left school at the age of 12, I'd say yeah, that's pretty lucrative.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

no jonnies cash

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Letters, marches and the like won’t work, only the ballot box will. They won’t touch pensioners cause they know they vote for example. I just don’t think you can fix the welfare system here, it’s beyond broken. You can have a family better off not working for all the benefits (medical card, rent allowance etc) than if they had two standard wages. Sure they still talk about the TD who taxed kids shoes, no government let alone a propped up one will touch it with a barge pole. Budget will bring welfare rises.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Nice of you to join us at the working day is nearly over for many.

That's hilarious. You're proud of the fact that you were posting all day while you were sweating your balls of working at the same time is it?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    I think that was done in Northern Ireland where the law is different

Plenty of travellers get married up there before they can in the Republic
    Child abuse?

Oh and I can't get a link but the Mirror ran a story today of a family of 12 including 6 kids being taken by Gardai to a hospital in Mayo as they presented as "homeless".

Homeless me hole.

This story is now getting the Kitty Holland treatment in the IT
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/six-children-had-to-sleep-at-hospital-due-to-lack-of-housing-1.3627294
    Only a small piece and light on detail but I'm sure being the news hound that she is, the weekend edition of the IT will have a feature piece.
    She dodges the Roma tag and goes with Romanian though I notice.
    And she mustn't be aware of the EU directive on returning EU migrants home if they can't afford to keep themselves. No mention of that but wasn't to be expected from the IT anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Gombeen Fianna Fáil hospital that is to be fair. More populous places like Athlone, Thurles, Ennis and Nenagh lost their/reduced acute/maternity hospital services over the years under FF.

Back on topic though. Letter bombing (not literally bombs) of FG offices nationwide demanding welfare reform and caps should be organised. Privileged to work with and advocate on behalf of people with disabilities the past year. Moving on to a new career. When the likes of someone on DA goes to the CWO looking for money towards a new bed it's an absolute disgrace and insulting that they get only €90 SWO towards a €235 bed. These same CWOs who gave out 10000s of euros per year to families for communions and conformations up until recently. Schools and church are to blame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

jay0109 wrote: »
    This story is now getting the Kitty Holland treatment in the IT
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/six-children-had-to-sleep-at-hospital-due-to-lack-of-housing-1.3627294
    Only a small piece and light on detail but I'm sure being the news hound that she is, the weekend edition of the IT will have a feature piece.
    She dodges the Roma tag and goes with Romanian though I notice.
    And she mustn't be aware of the EU directive on returning EU migrants home if they can't afford to keep themselves. No mention of that but wasn't to be expected from the IT anyways.
    Kitty Holland.

Current squeeze of Trot councillor Michael O'Brien.

Don't expect anything close to impartiality from her!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Nonsense redacted for everyone's sanity save - again, nobody is being rewarded here.

FIFTY GRAND PLUS, TAX FREE.

I'd hate to see what you call a f**king reward then.

BBFAN wrote: »
    That's hilarious. You're proud of the fact that you were posting all day while you were sweating your balls of working at the same time is it?

Oh here's another one - you may not know this but when you're working there's no longer slavery and grown ups are allowed to manage their work time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

McGrath5 wrote: »
    Possible scope for a reality TV show?

"Cashing in with the Cash's"

Keeping Up with the Kar-Cashians

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DChancer

Multiples of Cash
    Cash Machine
    Cashing in on the system
    Cash in the Hand
    :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Cash for your Trash

Igotadose wrote: »
    Cash for your Trash

Bit on the nose that one lol!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Cash is king boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

The Entitlements of the Idle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Is it just me or have the media gone very silent on this? I mean, I know its not really news worthy to begin with but its like a media blackout. Possibly after seeing how outraged this kind of thing made the majority in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

The layabouts sitting in empty houses and being shifted by "paramilitaries from the north" are now the media flavor of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

gwalk wrote: »
    The layabouts sitting in empty houses and being shifted by "paramilitaries from the north" are now the media flavor of the week

Excellent it worked :D

There's a work joke in there somewhere but its below me to type it.

There's a work joke in there somewhere but its below me to type it.

You might have to give the dictionary definition - lest they struggle with the concept!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Is it just me or have the media gone very silent on this? I mean, I know its not really news worthy to begin with but its like a media blackout. Possibly after seeing how outraged this kind of thing made the majority in the country.

It was a publicity stunt from the beginning. Where are they sleeping now that the owner didn’t want her in his house?

You might have to give the dictionary definition - lest they struggle with the concept!!!!

Everyday's a school day I guess :confused:

work
    verb UK ​ /wɜːk/ US ​ /wɝːk/
    work verb (HAVE EFFECT)

B1 [ I usually + adv/prep ] to be effective or successful:

Her idea for reorganizing the department will never work in practice.
    The tablets will start to work in a few minutes.
    Some people think I'm weird doing meditation, but it works for me and that's all that matters.
    Arguably, the monarchy worked well for many centuries.

Dannyriver wrote: »
    Everyday's a school day I guess :confused:

work
    verb UK ​ /wɜːk/ US ​ /wɝːk/
    work verb (HAVE EFFECT)

B1 [ I usually + adv/prep ] to be effective or successful:

Her idea for reorganizing the department will never work in practice.
    The tablets will start to work in a few minutes.
    Some people think I'm weird doing meditation, but it works for me and that's all that matters.
    Arguably, the monarchy worked well for many centuries.

And not one example concerning gainful employment.

Typical.

The coping classes may have made it clear to the media that they are sick of hearing about a lifelong welfare claimant staging a publicity stunt in a Garda station because she hasn't been given her free house in Drumcondra yet.

A brief glance at the property price register shows 3-bedroom semis in Drumcondra selling for around €900k. Many ordinary working people know that they will never be able to afford what Ms. Cash expects to be handed for nothing.

• Advertisement

The coping classes may have made it clear to the media that they are sick of hearing about a lifelong welfare claimant staging a publicity stunt in a Garda station because she hasn't been given her free house in Drumcondra yet.

A brief glance at the property price register shows 3-bedroom semis in Drumcondra selling for around €900k. Many ordinary working people know that they will never be able to afford what Ms. Cash expects to be handed for nothing.

I've relatives in Drumcondra - the only reason they can afford it is my great aunt bought in like the 50s or something, and the cousins inherited it.

Sure the free everything crowd will argue that they shouldn't have inherited it but they can f**k right off.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

because a lot of private sector workers won't join the unions

Source???
    Where are you getting this bullish!t from?

Plenty of private sector worker are in unions.

Someone might be able to fill in the blanks here but on Newstalk yesterday evening I heard an interview with the ex-head of one of the travellers rights associations demanding a separate housing list and stock for travellers.

Doesn't seem awfully fair to have one housing list for 40k odd people and one for the rest of us. This whole separate ethnic minority thing is getting out of hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Juanito13

Cash me if you can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Cash me outside (how bou da)

Someone might be able to fill in the blanks here but on Newstalk yesterday evening I heard an interview with the ex-head of one of the travellers rights associations demanding a separate housing list and stock for travellers.

Doesn't seem awfully fair to have one housing list for 40k odd people and one for the rest of us. This whole separate ethnic minority thing is getting out of hand.

Was that the same woman who said she was currently in a house and didn't like it. And her husband didn't like it either.
    She has 11 kids and 30 grandkids with 2 more on the way. She wanted a site where she could live with the 2 + 11 + 30(2).
    When the reporter said was it practical to expect Councils to have available sites/accomm for such large, and ever growing families, she started waffling in generalities about the state of the housing market.

And to think the census every 5 years has the Traveller population at a static figure of around 30k if I recall correctly.

• Advertisement

s
    And to think the census every 5 years has the Traveller population at a static figure of around 30k if I recall correctly.
    Take a look at traveller mortality levels, including suicide rates.

About half of all travellers die before their 40th birthdays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Was that the same woman who said she was currently in a house and didn't like it. And her husband didn't like it either.
    She has 11 kids and 30 grandkids with 2 more on the way. She wanted a site where she could live with the 2 + 11 + 30(2).
    When the reporter said was it practical to expect Councils to have available sites/accomm for such large, and ever growing families, she started waffling in generalities about the state of the housing market.

Population static because they're dying as quick as they are procreating. Thankfully.

Reality tv show idea

'My fanny is a cash machine'

The very one. The free house wasn't good enough and they are being terrorised because its illegal to park on the side of the road these days.

s
    Take a look at traveller mortality levels, including suicide rates.

About half of all travellers die before their 40th birthdays.

Must be the wonderful living conditions and state aid that has them all living these ideal lives, sitting around all day in plush gowns laughing at all us hard working tax payers paying for their ideal lifestyles.

Reality tv show idea

'My fanny is a cash machine'

Find Me A Home

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement