Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭DONTMATTER

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    No. She is a scam artist as she deliberately left it so late in the day to report as homeless.
    We have to wait for the Disney photos

Proof?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

But very few people believe they were forced to do anything of the sort.
    It's a scam. A hoax. A con. A publicity stunt. An act of leveraging children to get what you want. Tusla should take the kids. Then she can get a job.

also you think the Garda would not provide blankets, for children ? Photo was staged. They are talking on newstalk now about how she did not keep in touch with the housing authority , and just decided to go to the Garda station herself , for the photo opportunity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    No. She is a scam artist as she deliberately left it so late in the day to report as homeless.
    We have to wait for the Disney photos

I'd give it up Sleeper, you're fighting against a very obstinate tide there!

2smiggy wrote: »
    also you think the Garda would not provide blankets, for children ? Photo was staged. They are talking on newstalk now about how she did not keep in touch with the housing authority , and just decided to go to the Garda station herself , for the photo opportunity.

Why are you calling the gardaí liars?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭heretothere

gctest50 wrote: »
    Cos stop collecting HAP, refuse emergency accommodation when it all melts down, then go camp in a Garda station for the night and collect a free house

I didn't finish that sentence off properly - how or why if she was genuine.

I get that she is trying to pull a snaky one. I'm all for social welfare when people are down on their luck. No one ever really knows what's around the corner. But some people take the biscuit! The rules on social welfare need to be seriously tightened up.

This gombean probably will get her house, where as my relative in her 50s who has worked all her life but been self employed the last 20+ years couldn't claim illness benefit when she was seriously ill (I mean like 2 months in hospital ill!). They said after 1 year she would be able to claim the invalidity pension. She went 16 weeks without a wage!

DONTMATTER wrote: »
    Read the garda statement.

ya, where did it say she was forced to stay there or the streets ? I can show up at a garda station tonight and plant myself there. That does not make me homeless and forced to stay there for the night.

I'd say Ray D'Arcy is all a quiver thinking of the interview!

Why are you calling the gardaiars?

where did i call them liars ? is english your first language ?

I'd say Ray D'Arcy is all a quiver thinking of the interview!

We need Erica in on the interview too !!

I didn't finish that sentence off properly - how or why if she was genuine.

I get that she is trying to pull a snaky one. I'm all for social welfare when people are down on their luck. No one ever really knows what's around the corner. But some people take the biscuit! The rules on social welfare need to be seriously tightened up.

This gombean probably will get her house, where as my relative in her 50s who has worked all her life but been self employed the last 20+ years couldn't claim illness benefit when she was seriously ill (I mean like 2 months in hospital ill!). They said after 1 year she would be able to claim the invalidity pension. She went 16 weeks without a wage!

Horrific post.

But workers are low down on the totem pole for the crowd here - they probably are about to weigh in about having "savings" - even though once the calendar gets to about the 20th, the last week or so to payday does rather stretch.

F**k all to save up in most hard working households.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

But very few people believe they were forced to do anything of the sort.
    It's a scam. A hoax. A con. A publicity stunt. An act of leveraging children to get what you want. Tusla should take the kids. Then she can get a job.

I don't think anyone was actually disputing they spent the night in the Garda station but there are some who believe it to be their only option.

It clearly was not as a few questions and investigation of the waster's own Facebook page shows.

Ah yeah I've no doubt they stayed there but I disagree with anyone using the word forced. Forced means no options at all.
    But a newspaper article saying I was forced to stay in my sisters/cousins/friends/local hotel doesn't grab the attention like the floor of the local Garda station.

ya, where did it say she was forced to stay there or the streets ? I can show up at a garda station tonight and plant myself there. That does not make me homeless and forced to stay there for the night.

Read the statement. The part about them trying to find accommodation.

You are saying their statement was false. No, Irish is my first language.

Read the statement. The part about them trying to find accommodation.

The Garda were ringing around for accommodation (not at all their job BTW)

The housing authority said she failed to keep in contact with them, and that they would have had accommodation for her if she had. Instead she choose to plant her children on hard metal seats for a photo opportunity.

She choose the Garda station.

You are saying their statement was false. No, Irish is my first language.

What's the Irish word for proof? Since it's your favourite word.
    And we are on a discussion forum not a courtroom.
    He never once said Garda were liars.

The housing authority said she failed to keep in contact with them, and that they would have had accommodation for her if she had. Instead she choose to plant her children on hard metal seats for a photo opportunity.

You're just making stuff up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

I am sure the kids would love some of those manky blankets from the cells with traces of blood urine ****e etc on them

What's the Irish word for proof? Since it's your favourite word.
    And we are on a discussion forum not a courtroom.
    He never once said Garda were liars.

Well he's saying their statement wasn't factual ie. they were lying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Course she choose it she knows how to play the game well. Its a system we in society have allowed to happen.

Trial by media is all the rage at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

The kids should be taken into care, she isn’t a fit mother.

Edgware wrote: »
    I am sure the kids would love some of those manky blankets from the cells with traces of blood urine ****e etc on them

It's not some third world prison , You think there are no clean blankets in a Garda station that size ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Someone give me an example as to why this mother's children shouldn't be removed from her care?

Well he's saying their statement wasn't factual ie. they were lying.

where am I disagreeing with what the Garda said ?

feel free to use the quote function.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Gardaí contacted the various emergency shelter phone lines, as well as a number of local hotels, but no accommodation could be found.

'We all agree there's a problem but yer wan...'

Yer wan highlights a problem we all agree we have. Which football team she supports or what her favourite colour is doesn't come into it.

We've Leo on the other side saying it's worse elsewhere.

We use tax payer money to fill the pockets of private landlords to house tax payers who are finding it tough because we won't build social housing for the like of yer wan and others.

So we continue as is. Grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

RasTa wrote: »
    Someone give me an example as to why this mother's children shouldn't be removed from her care?

I wouldn’t want to be living beside them. You can see which way the kids are going to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Ms Cash has said there are no words to describe what she and her family went through last night.

rly ?

Yb5kFkp.jpg

She said she did not sleep, was minding her children all night, and that is why she decided to post the images on Facebook.

Ms Cash said she was referred to the garda station after alternative accommodation was not secured.

She said a place was offered to her late last night but it was unsuitable because it was in Co Meath and had room for just five children.

Ms Cash said she has secured accommodation until at least Monday through the Inner City Helping Homeless charity.

Read the garda statement. The ranf numerous places for accommodation. There was no other option for this family except to sleep on the streets. So they were forced to sleep there. You disagreed with the garda statement, you still have answered why you think they'd lie.

Read the garda statement. The ranf numerous places for accommodation. There was no other option for this family except to sleep on the streets. So they were forced to sleep there. You disagreed with the garda statement, you still have answered why you think they'd lie.
    Post just above your one claims they were offered accommodation but turned it down due to location.
    I'd prefer to sleep in a house in Meath than Dublin streets. So stop with your fake forced claims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

How about reading the statement from the Dublin Homeless Housing Executive - the REFUSED emergency accommodation.

A pure unadulterated publicity stunt.

28 years old and SEVEN kids - maybe a little education on contraception will help her first.

She's "DEMANDING" a four bed house.

It's not some third world prison , You think there are no clean blankets in a Garda station that size ?

No, I doubt it very much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Post just above your one claims they were offered accommodation but turned it down due to location.
    I'd prefer to sleep in a house in Meath than Dublin streets. So stop with your fake forced claims.

The head of the homeless authority was great on Clare Byrne, she was like we cant help them if they refuse. Clare then said but why would they not take it? is there concerns about safety, after which she was told 1. is it safer on the streets, and 2. they have standards accommodation must meet.

The last time i seen this kind of gaming with the system was from one of SF's people.

You need to stop with the selective reading, read the whole post.

not been mean, but are you a troll or a bit simple ? Where did I say that the Garda lied ? I asked you to use the quote function, but if you are a tad on the slow side you may not be able, so feel free to just copy and paste.

CeilingFly wrote: »
    How about reading the statement from the Dublin Homeless Housing Executive - the REFUSED emergency accommodation.

A pure unadulterated publicity stunt.

28 years old and SEVEN kids - maybe a little education on contraception will help her first.

She's "DEMANDING" a four bed house.

Read why. It wasn't suitable. It clearly wasn't a publicity stunt. Just like the huge number of families who've had to sleep in garda stations in the past few months alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I just had a quick stalk of her FB page. Her cover pic is from her child's communion; child is in a MASSIVE communion dress that easily cost hundreds of quid.

Invoke Section 12 ( 'cos what if they show up the next night and the Garda station is locked because everyone is responding to an emergency = kids are in danger )

Section 12 expresso edition, phone ambulances and get all the kids to the nearest hospital because you are worried about their health

If the children are homeless, they may be malnourished or anything - it'd probably be beyond the scope of practice of a Garda to decide the children don't need to be looked at by a health care professional

not been mean, but are you a troll or a bit simple ? Where did I say that the Garda lied ? I asked you to use the quote function, but if you are a tad on the slow side you may not be able, so feel free to just copy and paste.

Reported.

Reported.

I also think you might be on the slow side

Reported.

not your getting it !! now try the quote button next to show me where i claimed the Garda lied. it's another button similar to the report one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

gctest50 wrote: »
    Invoke Section 12 ( 'cos what if they show up the next night and the Garda station is locked because everyone is responding to an emergency = kids are in danger )

Section 12 expresso edition, phone ambulances and get all the kids to the nearest hospital because you are worried about their health

They all suffer from ADHD.

• Advertisement

I also think you might be on the slow side

Also reported.

not your getting it !! now try the quote button next to show me where i claimed the Garda lied. it's another button similar to the report one

Read back over the last page of posts. The answers there for you. Now I'm going to put you on ignore. See ya. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

LLMMLL wrote: »
    Right but you conveniently ignored me asking you what effect your ideas would have on kids.

I knew you’d come up with some horrific scheme that would leave kids destitute because you’re so gleeful about punishing their parents. Horrific.

eh hang on a min. I would not be leaving the kids destitute, i said current families would be exempt. if YOU choose to have more kids after that then YOU are the one making them destitute unless you can afford them.

an horrific scheme? making people live within their means? you do realise that the working people all over Ireland can only have as many kids as they can afford to support yeah. So how many WORKING families have 6/7/8 plus kids. not many.

but if they do then fair play to them, as long as they can afford them. But why should a group of people be permitted to spit out child after child and expect others to support them.

This whole thing stinks. oh and regarding the other 7 families, then yes, that is a scam too. unless YOU can prove that they were all victims of an illegal last minute eviction then there are better ways to provide a roof than just heading into the garda station.

all of them had options, if they want help its up to THEM to prove they need it not up to me to prove they don't.

posters asking over and over for proof that its a scam yet provide no proof that it's not a scam. THEY want the help let THEM prove they need it.

now excuse me i gotta read back on what i missed while i was looking for my pitchfork pmsl.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

RasTa wrote: »

Because that’s always a last resort and they could be in accommodation and still with their mother tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭toxicity234

It's Anthony Flynn People.
    Bulls**t merchant.

Flynn worried that the other Protest about housing MIGHT take some Money away from his pocket.
    He need a BIG STORIES to get the CASH flowing again.
    BINGO. AW a poor family of 7 sleep for 20 mins in a garda station and instead of helping he take out a camera and take Photo's.
    I Call Bull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Says she is on the housing list for 11 years and yet has 7 kids ranging in age from 1 to 11.

She would want to ease up on the riding for a bit.

They all suffer from ADHD.

Terribly complex field that, a Garda station is no place to be hanging around when the hospital does have specialists in that field - world renowned specialists - papers published on the internet and all

LLMMLL wrote: »
    Because that’s always a last resort and they could be in accommodation and still with their mother tonight.

I would in no way want to see a family broken up, but she is doing herself no favours with , which in my opinion, is a publicity stunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I just had a quick stalk of her FB page. Her cover pic is from her child's communion; child is in a MASSIVE communion dress that easily cost hundreds of quid.

Or, as it's also known, a week's rent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I'm just gonna put it out there...but I'm getting a settled traveller vibe from her fb page.

Between the giant communion dress and the last names of most of her FB friends (and the part where she seems very religious)...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement