Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liam Miller lineups announced.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Maybe because its for charity ?
    A notion lost on a lot of people who continue to bag the concept.

pgj2015 wrote: »
    glad it had sold out for liams family. on another note it is funny how people will pay 40-50 euro to see a load of 40 something retired players, play a friendly game but it would never cross their minds to go watch a competitive league of ireland game for 15-20 euro. they would rather get a plane to manchester or liverpool to watch "their" team play.
    Most of those playing in the match are more entertaining in their 40's than most LOI players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Most of those playing in the match are more entertaining in their 40's than most LOI players.

how many loi games have you been to? and where have you seen roy keane play lately?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Great that this is sold out. People need to concentrate on the game and forget any politics or points scoring, none of it matters, especially at this stage. Hopefully it's a high scoring fun exhibition match and good weather.
    The line ups have been officially announced here.
    Let's not let this thread turn into a slanging match please.

Unfortunately, people can't help themselves

how many loi games have you been to? and where have you seen roy keane play lately?
    I go to about 3 or 4 a year. If I didn't work weekends I'd have a season ticket I just think the standard is poor and the game day experience is poor. Not the leagues or the clubs fault but it's just the way things are in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Each to their own, people have different interests and the line up is impressive and for a great cause so a no brainer why this event is sold out. For Nostalgic purposes it would be great to see some of those faces on a pitch again.

I go to about 3 or 4 a year. If I didn't work weekends I'd have a season ticket I just think the standard is poor and the game day experience is poor. Not the leagues or the clubs fault but it's just the way things are in my opinion.

strange that you would insult loi yet go to loi games.:confused:
    and when have you seen roy keane, saha, scholes etc play last to know they will be more entertaining that a loi game?

strange that you would insult loi yet go to loi games.:confused:
    and when have you seen roy keane, saha, scholes etc play last to know they will be more entertaining that a loi game?
    It was a flippant remark not meant to be taken seriously. I don't think being honest in my opinion of the standard of LOI is insulting. It is what it is I'll still go and enjoy myself but I'm not going to kid myself about the standard either. As I said before it's not the players/clubs/leagues fault that it has massive competition for sports in this country and having a massive bohemoth next door which it has no chance if ever competing with. Is it worth argiung over I have my opinion you have yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,938 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

takes place next tuesday, looking forward to going down

Are they actually going to mark out the pitch in PUC with Soccer markings or just use the GAA sized pitch (which is a hell of a lot longer and wider)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

PTH2009 wrote: »

Are they actually going to mark out the pitch in PUC with Soccer markings or just use the GAA sized pitch (which is a hell of a lot longer and wider)

I’ll take a wild guess and go for the pitch to be marked out for the sporting event that’s taking place.

PTH2009 wrote: »

they will do what they did when ireland played soccer games in croke park, made them play on a full length gaa pitch, they allowed them kick points as well.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Why do you bother going then?

If you do go that is...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Why do you bother going then?

If you do go that is...........

Because nothing beats live football. Even if the match day experience isn't great or the standard isn't great (and can attest to both being a Limerick fan) you still wanna support your local team and local lads that might be at the club.

Is this game sold out or can tickets still be got?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If anyone is thinking of driving down, we just got this from work, we're located close to the stadium.
    From 11am onwards a one way system will be operational so exiting on to the Monaghan Road will be a left turn only.

Coming from the city you will be directed down Centre park Road, Link Road and out Monaghan’s Road

The match finishes at 4.45pm and there will be a hold of all traffic to allow pedestrians priority after the match - the roads won’t open again until 5.45pm which will mean considerable vehicular congestion after that point when cars can move again.

There will be a few extra spaces available behind the lodge on the Blackrock Road from lunch time onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Have a spare 50 EUR stand ticket if anyone is looking for one feel free to pm me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭overthebridge

Driving down from Limerick for this. Where's the most convenient place to park ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Driving down from Limerick for this. Where's the most convenient place to park ?

Probably the city Centre. Not a far walk from there

getting the bus down from Waterford for this looking forward to it, grew up watching a lot of the players on show 2morrow and its going to a great cause

Any pics of the pitch in soccer layout ??

Squads for both attached

462136.jpeg

Dn2B7-YWkAA4-pG?format=jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/1044136063122526209/photo/2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Just a quick note if you're driving to Cork.....

If you're coming from the Jack Lynch tunnel then try to avoid the Skehard Road, it may be better to head towards the City

Skehard Rd has had major roadworks for a couple of months and they've started resurfacing it which is making matters worse. I came along it at 2.30pm this afternoon and what normally takes me ten minutes took my 35 minutes - given the traffic likely tomorrow, that could be even worse.

Just a thought as I don't want any of you to miss the match :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Hi all,

Due to work commitments, I can no longer attend the Liam Miller game. I have three terrace tickets that can go to anyone for free. I'd just like to see them go to someone who may have missed out. I've this posted in the Soccer tickets forum too.

First to PM me can have them.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Ticket still going for North Stand. Pm if looking for one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Match is live on MUTV (Sky 418) for anyone not going. It's free to watch aswell.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Match is live on MUTV (Sky 418) for anyone not going. It's free to watch aswell.

Virgin media are showing it too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Virgin media are showing it too

It’s supposed to be on virgin media three but can’t see it on the TV guide .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

deadybai wrote: »

Saw an ad saying Virgin Sport. So MUTV it is for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Virgin announced that it's FTA on Virgin 3 or whatever they call TV 3 now. Don't rely on the TV guide.

Massive tailbacks in castlemartyr

Imagine might not see the start of the game, any chance they will delay kick off

• Advertisement

Mark McNulty starts in goal for United today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Virgin announced that it's FTA on Virgin 3 or whatever they call TV 3 now. Don't rely on the TV guide.

Be 3. Running from 2.00pm to 6.00pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

My workplace is deserted - they were pouring out of here since 12:00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Looks almost full there now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

deadybai wrote: »

It's showing on the Saorview EPG from 2-6. Watching it on the Virgin Media Player my self.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Live and FTV on MUTV youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4OZT3P0du8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Wheres Rio Ferdinand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Wheres Rio Ferdinand?

Couldn't travel due to an operation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Channel 870 in Sky epg if you want to watch in HD

• Advertisement

I know it's only a tribute/charity/friendly, but that was never ever a penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

I can't see this United team beating Liverpool or Man City this season.

I can't see this United team beating Liverpool or Man City this season.

But they will only be playing boys.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Based on this Kilmarnock should be in the Premier League too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    I know it's only a tribute/charity/friendly, but that was never ever a penalty.

You can bet your arsé there was never going to be anyone but a Corkman score the first. We’re like Chinatown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Hope Martin is keeping an eye on Keane. Great finish.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Its always been Robbie's dream to score in Páirc Uí Chaoimh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Nice that a Corkmam scored the first ever soccer goal at PUC.

Would really love if the Ireland national team could play in the ground once a year or so, especially games that the Aviva wouldn't sell out for.

45,000 fans in Cork is better than 45,000 fans in Dublin as that's where basically all games are played anyway. There's enough soccer fans in Cork and surrounding counties to ensure big turnouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

The pitch is absolutely massive.

Keano,Keano (Roy)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Did Scholes show up? He cried off last Saturday for the Wicklow hospice fundraiser.

• Advertisement
Advertisement