Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liam Miller lineups announced.

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Maybe my last post wasn’t clear. The GAA have tried to tell GAA clubs they cannot let soccer clubs use their facilities but the clubs have refused to co-operate and they carry on renting facilities to local soccer teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,426 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Is that pitch in Tralee available to local soccer clubs to rent and play competitive match’s on?
    For some reason I can't see the link but, using your own criteria, are you confirming that "a full match" can be played there?

I have seen instances of the Kerry County Board step in and slap down GAA clubs for allowing KDL teams train on GAA facilities.

I've no idea

But the argument that the GAA do not allow other sports use their facilities is not as simple as many would like it to be.

No, I am just countering the over simplified argument that

"The public paid for it , the GAA should open it"

By contradicting your own suggestion that it needs to be "a full match" to count...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

No, I am just countering the over simplified argument that

"The public paid for it , the GAA should open it"

The astro turf pitch you are talking about is something the GAA club rents out to make money off for casual evening kick abouts, not something local clubs can use for a game or even for training sessions. Try again.

Advertisement