If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hisense

Options
  • 09-08-2018 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

Hi

Do ye have the 55 inch 4k hisense in stock? It's 399 sterling on the site but no option to add to basket

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

stuchyg wrote: »
    Hi

Do ye have the 55 inch 4k hisense in stock? It's 399 sterling on the site but no option to add to basket
    Hi Stuchyg.

This 55" Hisense is an in store only collection and can not be shipped. The "buy it now" button does not appear on products that we can not ship.

We are also currently out of stock here at the Belfast store. There are a small handful in our main warehouse, so i might be able to secure one for collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Hi Stuchyg.

This 55" Hisense is an in store only collection and can not be shipped. The "buy it now" button does not appear on products that we can not ship.

We are also currently out of stock here at the Belfast store. There are a small handful in our main warehouse, so i might be able to secure one for collection.

Kenny

Thanks for the reply. I wouldn't be in a position to collect from store so il have another look at the site later. Thanks

stuchyg wrote: »
    Hi Stuchyg.

Kenny

Thanks for the reply. I wouldn't be in a position to collect from store so il have another look at the site later. Thanks
    No problem at all Stuchyg.

Perhaps maybe the Hisense 55U6200 its a little more expensive priced at £499
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203449-402645.aspx

Let me know if anything else catches your eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Hi folks, sorry to jump in here but just curious to know why some products cannot be shipped? I follow the Richer Sounds forum all the time and see this appear frequently.

I'm sure there is a genuine reason but just curious to understand why this is?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi folks, sorry to jump in here but just curious to know why some products cannot be shipped? I follow the Richer Sounds forum all the time and see this appear frequently.

I'm sure there is a genuine reason but just curious to understand why this is?
    Hi Glen,

good question! There are several reasons:

1: The main reason is stock - we may not have the item available from stock - unlike other retailers we try to NEVER sell any item that we don't have confirmed stock for - the item may be out of stock or stocks may be low, if stocks are low then we will always try to ring-fence stocks for Customers who make the journey into the store so they are not disappointed.

2: Packaging - Some products are unsuitable for shipping ie the packaging may not be adequate to survive courier shipping - this is the case for some products containing glass or larger TV's which may be packaged fine but not 'fine enough' for courier shipping.

3: Cost - it's just not economical to ship some products - these may be limited stock and sold below cost - again we are happy to reserve these items if stock is available for personal callers but adding in shipping may make the transaction just too uneconomical for us.

4: Geographical limitations - Some products are specific to some regions ( think some Freeview products) and some have apps that are specific to a region and unsuitable for other regions, for example whilst some Freeview products will work with Saorview for instance the catch up services or apps may require a UK IP address therefore we don't generally offer them for ROI shipping.

5: Service agreements - we may not have service agreements in all areas for some products - for instance at the moment we do not have a service agreement in the ROI for Hisense and we may have to limit Hisense products to NI only as again it can be uneconomical and poor service to offer a product if we cannot back our 6 year TV warranty with a reliable and reasonably swift service.

6: Supplier agreements: A very few products are limited geographically by our supplier agreements ( this has happened in the past but I can't think of any at the moment) 

In terms of availability - even if a product is not available please do pop a post up or drop us a mail to sales@richersounds.ie  and we will do our best to 
    assist - as you will see on the forum, stock permitting, we frequently bend the rules for Boardies.

Those are the main reasons - I'm sure I've left some out but as ever drop me a line if we can assist in any way.
    ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Thanks John for taking the time in writing that detailed response!

Thanks John for taking the time in writing that detailed response!
    You are welcome Glen_Quagmire.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.