Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechanic - Older Bike (XT500)

Options
  • 09-08-2018 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I need to get a few bits done on XT500 - carb service and electrics work, my only problem is most mechanics I have spoken to aren't keen on looking at the bike as it's too old.

Anyone have any recommendations around or near Dublin? Happy to bring it further (an hour or so away) for the right person.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

parko202 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I need to get a few bits done on XT500 - carb service and electrics work, my only problem is most mechanics I have spoken to aren't keen on looking at the bike as it's too old.

Anyone have any recommendations around or near Dublin? Happy to bring it further (an hour or so away) for the right person.

Thanks

The two most feared words in the motorcycle mechanics bible "Carbs and Electrics".........:P

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭parko202

The two most feared words in the motorcycle mechanics bible "Carbs and Electrics".........:P

Yup - never too enjoyable work!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Zebbedee

The nice thing about the old XT's is that they are incredibly simple to work on.
    Your carb will be easy to dismantle, clean and replace parts on.
    What exactly is up with the electrics?
    That's probably easily sorted too.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,072 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Any guy who can't fix a carb single shouldn't be working as a mechanic.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

Advertisement