Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recenlty signed up to Eir. Mis-Sold the price.

Options
  • 09-08-2018 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

recently a door to door salesman upsold me eir broadband. 

Guaranteed we would get fibre speeds, i was skeptical to say the least however the price was good.

He offered that we would get BB and phone for 40€ a month. Indefinitely. He guaranteed that it would remain at 40 and not increase after 6 months or 12 months. Which I have in writing. 

However after logging into myEir account it says that the price will increase to 78€ after 12 months.

Your chat advisor confirmed the same.

I feel a bit lied to or deceived. 

How can this happen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Anybody?

Anybody 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭KaneToad

dzilla wrote: »
    Anybody 

Do you have a cooling off period? If so, just pull the plug on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭mickuhaha

I would contact the salesman who in this case sold the package as a broker and ask for the difference in the agreement you have to pay to eir refunded to you and tell him if it's not you will go to your solicitor.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Aah Eir's Winback team are still lying to prospective customers, I see.
    I managed to get confirmation in writing from them years ago that the rep lied to me.
    If you are still within the 14 days cooling period then run away from Eir as fast as you can.

• Advertisement

Guaranteed we would get fibre speeds, i was skeptical to say the least however the price was good.

He offered that we would get BB and phone for 40€ a month. Indefinitely. He guaranteed that it would remain at 40 and not increase after 6 months or 12 months. Which I have in writing. 

However after logging into myEir account it says that the price will increase to 78€ after 12 months.

How can this happen?
    Hmmm, my sister (westport area) was sold a package based on the same premise. I was immediately suspicious. She rang him back and he continued to state that it would remain on €40 indefinitely. I think she's outside the cooling off period by now. I think this is appalling practice by Eir. A written complaint to Comreg is in order here I think.

Yeah am out of the cooling off period by a few days. But if any of the eir reps could clarify it for us that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭RobiePAX

Hi @dzilla, I am not Eir rep. But I do work in the Carphone Warehouse that includes selling Eir services. It angers me that you were mis-sold a product in such way. Most of Eir fixed deals always have a promotional discount for some period, then a standard price kicks in. In your case it's €40 for 12 months, €78 thereafter. Should be €76 with two euro direct debit discount.

I understand you wish to report this incident. You can wait for the Eir rep to contact you regarding this. Or you can also submit the complaint here, and Eir Complaints Team will be in touch with you within 48 hours to investigate this issue.

From what you described, it sounds like you have signed up for Fibre Broadband + Unlimited Landline Calls on 12 months contract. I understand that you feel lied by the sales agent. But I'd advise thinking twice before canceling your contract.

As the guy who sells all major fixed services, I can tell that you are genuinely on one of the best plans unless Virgin Media is available at your address. Look at comparison:

-Vodafone (they use Eir line) would give you similar package for €40/m but only for 6 months before price increases, and you would be stuck in contract for 18 months, instead of 12 months.
    -Sky (they use Eir line) would charge you for similar deal €55/m plus charge you €50 installation fee if you don't get Sky TV. And they won't give you unlimited landline calls.
    -Eir gives you €40 price for 12 months, on 12 months contract with no installation charge. After 12 months you have a freedom to switch to another provider or to contact Eir or Carphone Warehouse to talk about would it be possible to recontract you for another year for another similar deal if you are happy with them.
    -Eir Mobile when you become their broadband customer, you get really good exclusive discounts for mobile and  SIM plan deals.

You could report the incident so Eir would investigate that sales agent practices, and see if they would honor his deal. But canceling the contract could prove wasteful. It's just my thought.

RobiePAX wrote: »
    Hi @dzilla, I am not Eir rep. But I do work in the Carphone Warehouse that includes selling Eir services. It angers me that you were mis-sold a product in such way. Most of Eir fixed deals always have a promotional discount for some period, then a standard price kicks in. In your case it's €40 for 12 months, €78 thereafter. Should be €76 with two euro direct debit discount.

I understand you wish to report this incident. You can wait for the Eir rep to contact you regarding this. Or you can also submit the complaint here, and Eir Complaints Team will be in touch with you within 48 hours to investigate this issue.

From what you described, it sounds like you have signed up for Fibre Broadband + Unlimited Landline Calls on 12 months contract. I understand that you feel lied by the sales agent. But I'd advise thinking twice before canceling your contract.

As the guy who sells all major fixed services, I can tell that you are genuinely on one of the best plans unless Virgin Media is available at your address. Look at comparison:

-Vodafone (they use Eir line) would give you similar package for €40/m but only for 6 months before price increases, and you would be stuck in contract for 18 months, instead of 12 months.
    -Sky (they use Eir line) would charge you for similar deal €55/m plus charge you €50 installation fee if you don't get Sky TV. And they won't give you unlimited landline calls.
    -Eir gives you €40 price for 12 months, on 12 months contract with no installation charge. After 12 months you have a freedom to switch to another provider or to contact Eir or Carphone Warehouse to talk about would it be possible to recontract you for another year for another similar deal if you are happy with them.
    -Eir Mobile when you become their broadband customer, you get really good exclusive discounts for mobile and  SIM plan deals.

You could report the incident so Eir would investigate that sales agent practices, and see if they would honor his deal. But canceling the contract could prove wasteful. It's just my thought.
    Hi Robbie,

Thank you very much for your comment, very useful. I don't have Virgin in my area however pure telecom have an offer for 25 a month increasing after 6. However I would be skeptical of going with an unknown company. I will definitely use the complaint form you sent.

Regards

D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

How can this happen?
    Hi dzilla ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

If you PM me your full name and your account number I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement

Update, eir:THomas came back to me anyway and confirmed I had been lied too and that my price will in fact increase in 12 months even though I have a contract stating different. 

I will be arranging cancellation on principle as the contract is not worth a slap and speaking with comreg. I will keep the thread updated if people are interested. 

Update, eir:THomas came back to me anyway and confirmed I had been lied too and that my price will in fact increase in 12 months even though I have a contract stating different. 

I will be arranging cancellation on principle as the contract is not worth a slap and speaking with comreg. I will keep the thread updated if people are interested. 
    I'm sorry to hear that you are considering cancelling.

If you have a copy of the original contract signed, feel free to forward it into us here and we can escalate this further.

Thanks

Thomas

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Thomas I think your concerns should be towards why your sales team continue to mislead potential customers.
    They did it to me years ago (which I had confirmed in writing) and obviously (based on the flow of similar threads that come in) continue to do so. 
    To me, misleading potential customers does appear to be an intentional ploy by Eir. 
    Is this the case or are Eir sales agents not under any form of control? 

Also, how can dzilla's billing change in 12 months when, from what we're being told, the contract agreed did not say this?

As for me, I was lied to by an Eircom Winback agent over a decade ago (as I said, confirmed in a letter from Eircom). I subsequently had that contract terminated and have not been a customer of theirs ever since. Good business practice :rolleyes:

If you have a copy of the original contract signed, feel free to forward it into us here and we can escalate this further.

Thanks

Thomas
    I mentioned earlier that I have this already. 

Thanks

Thomas
    I mentioned earlier that I have this already. 
    If you could forward in a copy of this I will escalate this on.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭11James11

Hi thomas I have a similar problem .I upgraded my broadband to fiber through webchat and the price I was told is different than the price I got in the confirmation email.thanks

11James11 wrote: »
    Hi thomas I have a similar problem .I upgraded my broadband to fiber through webchat and the price I was told is different than the price I got in the confirmation email.thanks
    Hi 11James11 ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

If you PM me your full name and your account number I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement