Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballpark estimate: Refreshing an apartment in D4

Options
  • 09-08-2018 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've recently purchased a 2-bedroom (60m2) apartment in Dublin 4. It's entirely livable but I want to give it a refresh. It would be most appreciated if you could assist me in generating a ballpark figure for such work. Appreciating it's a "how long is a piece of string" question, I'd like to finish it to a medium standard (i.e. nice, solid, not budget but not top of the range).

- New electric heaters (3-4 heaters)
    - New carpet (2x bedrooms, sitting room, hallway)
    - New kitchen required (5m2)

Bathroom is fine.

Many thanks for your assistance,
    Con

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Richards1983

Bump :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,995 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

The only way to know is to get 3 quotes and compare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Hi all,

I've recently purchased a 2-bedroom (60m2) apartment in Dublin 4. It's entirely livable but I want to give it a refresh. It would be most appreciated if you could assist me in generating a ballpark figure for such work. Appreciating it's a "how long is a piece of string" question, I'd like to finish it to a medium standard (i.e. nice, solid, not budget but not top of the range).

- New electric heaters (3-4 heaters)
    - New carpet (2x bedrooms, sitting room, hallway)
    - New kitchen required (5m2)

Bathroom is fine.

Many thanks for your assistance,
    Con

I recently had living room, hall and 3 bedrooms carpet for 1500.

New kitchen with aplliances amd fittimg 4000.

Electric heaters? Unsure. Look them up online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭Alkers

- New electric heaters (3-4 heaters) No idea but investigate if infra red heaters would be any use to you as an alternative.
    - New carpet (2x bedrooms, sitting room, hallway) - €2k-€5k
    - New kitchen required (5m2) - €3k-€15k depending! You could just paint your current units or get new doors or go full hog with granite counter tops etc

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Richards1983

That's great - thanks both for your kind feedback.

• Advertisement
Advertisement