Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good facial scrub?

Options
  • 09-08-2018 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Hi

Am looking for a decent facial scrub that won't dry out my face and doesn't cost the earth? Used to use the Body Shop seaweed one, but think it has got very expensive for what it is.

I have typical combination skin and prone to acne/blackheads and sebaceous cysts on the face which isn't great but I'm trying!

TIA :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I use this: https://ibb.co/kEkQt9 and have used it for years.
    It leaves your skin feeling really fresh and clean. It's around €3-€5 depending on where you go.

But recently I've been having breakouts of blind pimples on my chin area; you know those painful lumps under the skin that you can't see but you can feel and they never pop?

So a user here said her sister, who's a beautician and make-up artist, recommended this: https://ibb.co/mT5B0p which was €2.49 in Boots.
    I only got it this afternoon so haven't used it yet, but I'll let you know how I get on if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Thanks for the reply! The Boots one looks interesting. I also have sensitive skin so would be interested to see how you get on with it.

Would you let me know? Thank you so much!

Thanks for the reply! The Boots one looks interesting. I also have sensitive skin so would be interested to see how you get on with it.

I certainly will!

Hey I thought I'd come back to you on this.

I did use the Jelly Ball Scrub and found it lovely and left my skin feeling so soft but unfortunately my breakout wasn't getting any better so I ended up buying Clearasil Rapid Action Scrub and Clearasil Spot Treatment cream instead.

Been using them two days and already I see a difference in the breakout area, so I'd recommend them.

The Jelly Ball scrub is lovely but it is more of a general face wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Thank you so much for letting me know. Top job! :D

How do you find the Clearasil? Personally, I find it very drying but my friend uses it and finds it very good also. I bought a Boots witch hazel & tea tree scrub which I haven't used as yet, but will give that a go.

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement