Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rossbeigh Strand

Options
  • 09-08-2018 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows if the Sunbeam wreck is still on Rossbeigh strand or what happened after it was fully exposed in the 2014 storms - was it reburied or moved elsewhere. Just heading that direction and if its still there would like to stop off to see it.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Just wondering if anyone knows if the Sunbeam wreck is still on Rossbeigh strand or what happened after it was fully exposed in the 2014 storms - was it reburied or moved elsewhere. Just heading that direction and if its still there would like to stop off to see it.

It broke up in a subsequent storm and much of it was washed away but there's still part of it left.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

Quackster wrote: »
    ...... but there's still part of it left.

Didn't know there was still part of it left. Last time I was there I did not see any sign of it, will have to look more carefully on my next walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Southern Comfort

The wreck of the Sunbeam (the little bit that remains of it) is out at the very tip of Rossbeigh Beach, roughly where the old stone tower stood.
    It's only visible at low tide and is approximately 10m from the water's edge.
    Many locals think that it will disappear forever in the next big storm.
    I took these photos of it in July......

Advertisement