Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy Note 9

1789101113»

Comments

Just a heads-up. I went to pay for something this morning using Google Pay, and all of my payment methods had been removed from my Note. I had to quickly reauthenticate my payment method from AIB. I'm assuming it's the update to the phone that caused this. I have never had this happen before, though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

I need to update the card that come up as options to auto fill when I might buy something on my note 9.

I've tried to find where these are (could do with tidying up saves addresses too).

Can't find them in settings, Google pay, Samsung pay....where are these normally pulling from on a note 9?

I need to update the card that come up as options to auto fill when I might buy something on my note 9.

I've tried to find where these are (could do with tidying up saves addresses too).

Can't find them in settings, Google pay, Samsung pay....where are these normally pulling from on a note 9?

Probably Samsung Pass.

My autofill is all done through Chrome, but if you use the Samsung browser, I'd assume it's Samsung Pass.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Probably Samsung Pass.

My autofill is all done through Chrome, but if you use the Samsung browser, I'd assume it's Samsung Pass.

Thanks, tried that but none seem to be saved there (is asking me to save them!) even though I use the samsung browser.

Thanks, tried that but none seem to be saved there (is asking me to save them!) even though I use the samsung browser.

Found them.

https://www.samsung.com/za/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-adjust-or-add-autofill-forms-on-the-internet-app-on-my-samsung-galaxy-device/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just a heads-up. I went to pay for something this morning using Google Pay, and all of my payment methods had been removed from my Note. I had to quickly reauthenticate my payment method from AIB. I'm assuming it's the update to the phone that caused this. I have never had this happen before, though.

Got this update over the weekend and now finding I can't log onto the PTSB app (desktop version is fine). Getting a service unavailable message after entering my details.

Anyone else or just a coincidence?

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Got this update over the weekend and now finding I can't log onto the PTSB app (desktop version is fine). Getting a service unavailable message after entering my details.

Anyone else or just a coincidence?

Nevermind. Seems they're having app issues the last few days

https://twitter.com/askpermanenttsb/status/1276161512420397060?s=19

Anyone lost their missed calls or voicemsil notifications?

In settings, apps, phone it won't let me turn them back on.

Switched to gomo last week, also had the new security update, am unsure of either are connected?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭65535

I have missed calls and voicemail notifications working however I also have the same settings that are in your screenshot so I'm not sure if that is where they are set.

65535 wrote: »
    I have missed calls and voicemail notifications working however I also have the same settings that are in your screenshot so I'm not sure if that is where they are set.

Starting to wonder if its a Gomo thing but thought it would be more the phone than the network, might ask on the gomo thread.

• Advertisement

I'm on GoMo with a Note 9 and have no issues with call/voicemail notifications. I'm using a dual-sim phone with the generic BTU firmware though.

I'm on GoMo with a Note 9 and have no issues with call/voicemail notifications. I'm using a dual-sim phone with the generic BTU firmware though.

BTU firmware - sorry did you install that or is that what came with the phone?

BTU firmware - sorry did you install that or is that what came with the phone?

I think it came with it, but I always wipe the carrier versions anyway.

Have a read here:
    https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-note9/firmware/SM-N960F/BTU/download/N960FXXU5ETF5/346911/

Instructions on the right - note though that you do these things at your own risk. I'm not responsible if you brick your phone :) And have a full backup first.

I thought we were all done for updates, but looks like we'll be getting One UI 2.5 pretty soon. It will be interesting to see if it's watered down for us in any way.

I thought we were all done for updates, but looks like we'll be getting One UI 2.5 pretty soon. It will be interesting to see if it's watered down for us in any way.

Oh? That would be nice - especially if wireless Dex survives the port.

It's still a fantastic phone and I can't find anything I like to replace it. The Note 20 is just ridiculously expensive and seems to have a few flaws, but maybe an S20 Ultra when it comes down a bit more.

Oh? That would be nice - especially if wireless Dex survives the port.

It's still a fantastic phone and I can't find anything I like to replace it. The Note 20 is just ridiculously expensive and seems to have a few flaws, but maybe an S20 Ultra when it comes down a bit more.

Yeah, for me it's Note or nothing as far as Sammy goes. If I'm not getting an S-Pen, then there's a bunch of other phones I'd probably go for instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Yeah, for me it's Note or nothing as far as Sammy goes. If I'm not getting an S-Pen, then there's a bunch of other phones I'd probably go for instead.

I'm the same. I've seen it reported that the Note line will be scrapped and s-pen will be incorporated into the premium s21/s30 line so I'm planning on holding out for that and if that doesn't happen then just wait til normal note time next year.

Anyone with a note 9 able to stream eir sports from the app to the TV?

It used to work even with a non branded DEX cable but has now stopped....not sure its its eir or the phone no longer accepting a non branded cord?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I'm curious how people's screens are holding up after 2 years in terms of burn in?

Im 50\50 between on screen nav and gestures on the Note 20 and im thinking gestures would be better long term for the screen. No hint markers turned on obviously.

No burn in issues on mine at all. It's still working perfectly, in great physical condition and does everything I ask of it.

Kinda finding it hard to justify a replacement given some of the mixed feedback on the S20/Note 20 threads.

• Advertisement

sentient_6 wrote: »
    I'm curious how people's screens are holding up after 2 years in terms of burn in?

Im 50\50 between on screen nav and gestures on the Note 20 and im thinking gestures would be better long term for the screen. No hint markers turned on obviously.

Can't see any evidence of burn in at all, and I would always use navigation buttons. I've tried full screen gestures a couple of times, but always go back to traditional buttons.

My S6 Edge+ had terrible burn in after well less than 2 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

no burn in at all for me. Only issue is my oleophobic coating has stopped being oleophobic so it's getting lots of finger prints and i've got microscratches on my finger print sensor so it's not as fast as it used to be but still works and mostly use iris to unlock.

Still can't fault it otherwise, if it doesn't break I'll get another 2 years from it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Thats great thats its holding up for everyone. I'll stop over thinking it and just use the phone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

I’ve had this phone now nearly two years and it’s still as good as day one but I was thinking of treating myself this Christmas to a new phone.

Has anyone here upgraded their Note 9 to a better device?

I’ve been having a look around but couldn’t really find anything worth upgrading to.

Open to suggestions...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Boxfresh wrote: »
    I’ve had this phone now nearly two years and it’s still as good as day one but I was thinking of treating myself this Christmas to a new phone.

I’ve been having a look around but couldn’t really find anything worth upgrading to.

Open to suggestions...

I was close to jumping to the note 20 ultra the weekend but i talked myself out of it.... Donno how.

Similar to you ive had mine 2 years and i still cant fault it in anyway, battery is still good, camera still good, still works as fast as ever.. And the thoughts of setting up a new phone is killing me.

Saying that if i did then the ultra would be where id go

jayo26 wrote: »
    I was close to jumping to the note 20 ultra the weekend but i talked myself out of it.... Donno how.

Similar to you ive had mine 2 years and i still cant fault it in anyway, battery is still good, camera still good, still works as fast as ever.. And the thoughts of setting up a new phone is killing me.

Saying that if i did then the ultra would be where id go

Before this I would nearly be jumping on a new flagship every 6 months, but this phone is brilliant and nothing has appealed to me over the past 2 years. It's that good.

Open to suggestions...

I went to a renewed Note 10+ on Amazon - link here

Arrived basically like new and no problems at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

I went from a note 9 to a note 10+ to a s20 ultra to a note 20 ultra. My honest opinion is the note 9 was the best of the four. In back fingerprint reader was 100% accurate, phone was a beast, battery life exceptional, the newer flagships went backwards. Even the camera quality is worse. Get a new battery in the note 9 and rock it for another 2 years till something groundbreaking comes out. My 2c.

I went from a note 9 to a note 10+ to a s20 ultra to a note 20 ultra. My honest opinion is the note 9 was the best of the four. In back fingerprint reader was 100% accurate, phone was a beast, battery life exceptional, the newer flagships went backwards. Even the camera quality is worse. Get a new battery in the note 9 and rock it for another 2 years till something groundbreaking comes out. My 2c.

That what I'm thinking. Battery life is still solid on this and it's a still a beast of a phone. Think I'll hold on to it for a while yet!

• Advertisement

Before this I would nearly be jumping on a new flagship every 6 months, but this phone is brilliant and nothing has appealed to me over the past 2 years. It's that good.

Thats exactly me....saving me a packet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Same cant fault mine 2 years on. Great phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I don't even have my Note 10 anymore....:p

That what I'm thinking. Battery life is still solid on this and it's a still a beast of a phone. Think I'll hold on to it for a while yet!

The main reason I decided to upgrade was my son's S7 is just about end of life (especially for the games he plays) and trying to find a replacement along the S9/S9+ wasn't much cheaper than buying Daddy the above-linked Note 10+ (with the year's warranty) and giving him my Note 9 which is still in excellent/as new shape.

Should keep him going another 2 years anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Still an amazing phone but my screen is now cracked to bits, the price of a replacement was so crazy I've never bothered replacing it , basically the price of a semi-decent new phone.

Well after over 2 years of ownership I have moved on to the note 20 ultra, no particular reason only I wanted to have a newer phone and the screen on the ultra looked fab also the camera is excellent.

It's testament to the note 9 that it's the longest I have ever kept a phone and it will easily plough on for another couple of years for whoever gets it next. Battery still lasting a day and super fast. Definitely my favourite phone but I think the 20 is a worthy upgrade.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Well after over 2 years of ownership I have moved on to the note 20 ultra, no particular reason only I wanted to have a newer phone and the screen on the ultra looked fab also the camera is excellent.

It's testament to the note 9 that it's the longest I have ever kept a phone and it will easily plough on for another couple of years for whoever gets it next. Battery still lasting a day and super fast. Definitely my favourite phone but I think the 20 is a worthy upgrade.

Agress the note 9 im typing this post on is the longest handset I've ever owned - is still going strong.

Agress the note 9 im typing this post on is the longest handset I've ever owned - is still going strong.

Yeah it's an amazing phone I'm gonna put mine up for sale tomorrow so hopefully it will go quick.

So the battery on my note 9 is starting to drain quickly - not overusing it too much h but its not lasting anywhere near a day now.

Apart from that the phone is still great (well the apple 13 Pro i got for work is tempting as is the Samsung folding screen phone) lol.

Wonder if its worth replacing the battery with this place, they seem Samsung authorised and are nearby as it happens.

Anyone any experience or any other suggestions?

https://www.fonfix.ie/products/samsung-note9-repair

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭BlackMask93

I had Fonfix replace my battery through a warranty repair , they replaced the screen, battery and charging port last year. It was a very smooth process and would have no issue recommending them.

Does anyone know what else could be taking up my memory...the amounts don't add up to 125GB 🤔🤔

Even under advanced it's not clear...

• Advertisement

My Note 9 is still going strong as my son's phone and like you, I have since moved on the the Note 20 Ultra.

One word of caution with these - there is a known issue with burn-in it seems. Mine has developed it but it's not noticeable outside of dark screens - seems to be a rectangle where the fingerprint sensor would be. There's various posts on the web about it.

Haven't done anything about it as it's minor to me and also mine is not an EU model.

Advertisement