Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra distance cycling thread

Options
  • 09-08-2018 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

Anybody here following any of the ultra events such as the transcontinental? Although media and sponsorship are at a minimum it feels like the most exciting corner of the cycling world right now, in complete juxtaposition to the often sterile world tour events imo.
    Kristoff Alegaaert is currently on track to break the record from lands end to John of groats and back and that curve bike he’s on...beautiful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

For sure, plenty of ultra events here in Ireland too. Main stream sports media has little coverage but online has a massive coverage if you look for it, Adventure Syndicate, audax, WUCA, RideFar.info, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭py

I've been following this year's TCR on instagram mainly. Fantastic riding by James to defend his title. GCN's videos on it so far have been great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

py wrote: »
    I've been following this year's TCR on instagram mainly. Fantastic riding by James to defend his title. GCN's videos on it so far have been great.

A few good videos on YouTube. The Facebook transcontinental group is excellent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

I see Sarah Hammond won this years race to the rock for the 3rd time. What a smashing achievement over seriously rugged and dangerous terrain.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭TGD

Race Around Ireland was a great battle this year and fascinating to follow. You check before going to bed, and then when you get up, and they have raced that distance while you have been sleeping, and they are still just starting another full day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭nilhg

I thought this might be better in here than lost in the videos mega thread,

Insane looking race

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

nilhg wrote: »
    ....Insane looking race
    6,000m climbing a day for 5 days in a row! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

I follow Joe Barr on social media but that's about it, the man is a total machine. A guy I know through a friend entered the Transatlantic Way this year and finished 3rd over all in his first attempt at a race of that kind of discipline.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Good doc on indipac. Guy who made it won the unofficial Indipac this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

Bit of a thread revival but the guy I mentioned previously is looking like he's finish within the top 20 for this years transcontinental. See a few other Irish people down on the entries too

• Advertisement
Advertisement