Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build Cost 2018

Options
  • 09-08-2018 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi all,

Thinking of building a 200sqm two-storey home on half acre. Just wondering what is the typical cost at present for the following in the West of Ireland:
    • Standard block build achieving A2 BER rating to builders finish (no site works)?
    • Standard block build achieving A2 BER rating and an average finish (above basic finish) with site works?
    • Passive standard with A1 BER rating and an average finish excluding site works?
    I am aware that building regulations are changing in 2020 with the introduction of NZEB.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Carrickbeg

Hi all,

Thinking of building a 200sqm two-storey home on half acre. Just wondering what is the typical cost at present for the following in the West of Ireland:
    • Standard block build achieving A2 BER rating to builders finish (no site works)?
    • Standard block build achieving A2 BER rating and an average finish (above basic finish) with site works?
    • Passive standard with A1 BER rating and an average finish excluding site works?
    I am aware that building regulations are changing in 2020 with the introduction of NZEB.

Thanks!

You wont have any change out of 300k no matter what option you go for. That's just my opinion.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Carrickbeg wrote: »
    You wont have any change out of 300k no matter what option you go for. That's just my opinion.

Agree.
    Very specific questions that can vary from site to site.
    Best bet is to get 3 quotes for each option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 GreenFields123

Wow, I was thinking €220,000 - €230,000. Approx. €1,000 per SQFT. Thanks for the advice, I guess i'm best getting three quotes. For some reason I thought €300,000 would get you a 250 - 275sqm house.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Carrickbeg

Wow, I was thinking €220,000 - €230,000. Approx. €1,000 per SQFT. Thanks for the advice, I guess i'm best getting three quotes. For some reason I thought €300,000 would get you a 250 - 275sqm house.

U might get option 1 for that but u will still need another 80k to finish it...

Advertisement